December 18, 2014 | 1802 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Backdrop Cooling Tint

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Smashbox and think they have a unique product line. This TM saved my life--I am pretty shy by nature and get embarrassed easily so my face usually flushes whenever I'm in social situations and crowded rooms. However, now that I have this secret weapon I can go to parties and not feel like a tomato--it keeps me cool even when I'm a little nervous. Thanks Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by BeatriceKiddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is sooo odd! I like it though. The cooling goes on for hours continously for me. The coverage is great, I use MAC's 190 brush. It's matte-a-fying and the color range is great. I've been really suprised b/c truthfully I don't like Smashbox products, any of it. Except for this. It is light, like nothing on except for that cooling menthol type feeling, that does draw my attention (they could tone it down a bit IMO). I got this in shade #5 and realized I need #6 right quick. Smashbox's colors seem to run light. #5 does match my complection when I'm a bit lighter, however. Good product, will by again in shade #6.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ng2die4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely review products but had to write about this one! I think it is better suited for normal/oily skin (me) and for someone going for very natural look (me). I like cooling sensation, I just make sure nor to get it next to my eyes. The price is fair (IMO), it last a loooong time, I had it for longer than 4 months. I am a huge fun of tinted moisturizers and tried many brands, this one is, by far, the best. One downfall: it dos nor stays on for too long, so u need to reapply after few hours (I don't usually bother..) I like this product better than LM tinted oil free monsturizer, which is too havy for me. Also: This product do not interfere with the rest of my face creams like LM moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by krristabelle

I LOVE this stuff! It has a sheer cover so I usually apply a tiny amount of Bare Minerals foundation over it (or some pressed powder) just to give my skin a little more "finish". It looks and feels so fresh. The cooling sensation doesn't bother me. Usually, I feel it right when I apply the tint and then get little spurts of feeling it again for the next few hours when the wind hits my face. It's not a super moisturizer if you have dry skin but it works perfectly for my combo (but slightly on the more oily side) skin. Don't get it too close to your eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by splendidcakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't think a foundation that can make your eyes go crazy is a good idea! Don't you need to be able to blend near your eyes for a good finish? Color choices aren't that great either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by juno610

I bought this because I needed a quick way to get some light coverage on work days. I work in a hospital and move around a lot, and the cooling sensation has been wonderfully refreshing. It has just enough coverage for me and feels very light on my face. The only thing I don't like about it is how my face feels very chilly in a cool wind. As the Sephora SA said to me, "Not the best thing for a cold Michigan day!"

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by rocketsummer

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to love this. But after I bought this, i started getting bad breakouts on my acne prone chin that were hurtful, with white heads and small red spots. I won't purchase again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Rwilker

Although I loved the cooling sensation of this product, I did not find it moisturizing enough. I prefer more coverage than tinted moisturizers provide, but I was planning on using this as a moisturizer with my Pur Minerals over it, but since the product was almost drying on my skin, that didn't work out. Instead I mix it with my Cerave lotion so I still get the cooling sensation (which my dry, flushed skin needs). Won't be repurchasing tho - I prefer the Korres yogurt cooling gel, which is cheaper and slightly more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combo skin that gets oily by midday. I use powder foundation and have not found any liquid foundations that work for me. This does make your face feel cool for quite awhile after you put it on. Unfortunately for me, I had oilies within an hour, like most other foundations I've tried. This is a lighter coverage and I prefer a heavier coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought of purchasing LM's TM, but it's out of my price range. I liked the cooling sensation it had on my hand when I sampled it at Sephora (shade #2 btw), and the price was much more friendlier ($32 for a 51.8 ml tube)It definitely had coverage, redness on my cheeks have gone down by 80%, minor imperfections gone or blurred. No greasy film on skin at all, and the cooling sensation felt great on my face. With a swipe of LM's undereye concealer, some secret camouflage on blemishes, and a puff of translucent loose powder, my face looked gorgeous, radiant, and ready to go!!!! Blush went on smoothly and did not cake on my cheeks. Nice staying power, highly recommended! continued >>