August 30, 2014 | 1761 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ncc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the latest version of this Remington wet/dry hot iron. It works so well on damp and dry hair and saves steps. I already bought a backup!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this was my second flat iron ever. the first was a random off brand that i found in a ethnic hair store.
i don't have a lot of experience straightening my hair but i have to to say, even thought this isn't a super high end (i got it on sale at kroger for $19) this is really nice. i bought it in the 2" model because i have long hair and plenty of it. i haven't noticed a substantial decrease in the time it takes to straighten my hair because like i said i;m not a veteran hair straightener .
Pros:
Ceramic plates
heats up fast
doesn't pull hair
easy to operate
can use on wet hair (i don't but i could if i was short on time)
Cons:
this is personal preference but i don't know the temperature of each level. what i mean is that it doesn't show you the actual temperature that the iron is on but rather levels 1-30. level 7 gives me okay results but i haven't ventured farther. i noticed that when i was washing dishes (no water touched my hair) after i used this, my hair sort of curled up again. i don't know if this was because i didn't use high enough heat or not enough product or that's just how my hair is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Brithatsme43

I've had this straightener for almost 3 years now, and it still works like the first day i turned it on! I have thin hair (which i know-you're not supposed to straighten thin hair :L) but its SOO wavy/frizzy at the same time! I had tried so many straighteners and i couldn't find one with plates smooth enough that they wouldn't rip out my hair. I've used the damp hair setting once or twice, and it works nicely and dries your hair very quickly-but i don't use it often. It was so cheap at target and i had to get it. If you are going to get it, go with the 2 inch, as it makes it so you don't have to go over your hair more than once or twice. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lightinthedarkness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Decent straightener, although the point of it is that it can straighten wet hair. I've owned 4 straighteners and it wasn't any better (or worse) than the other ones I've owned. A decent average straightener, although I paid $40 for it and I don't think it was worth that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by heeylmbb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this straightener! I started working, I'm 17, and I've been through numerous straighteners. Since I started working, I've had to shower in the morning. (I'm a night showerer.) I used to let my hair air dry over night but I get home very late so I have to blowdry it when I shower in the morning. I hateee blowdrying. My hair gets poofy and not straight so I had to straighten it after I blow dryed. I absolutely hated using so much heat. So I ordered hair extensions and needed a straightener with multiple heat settings. ( mine had one).

So, what I love is that it is 2". Perfect for long hair, makes it quicker. Second, it really dries my toweldried hair. Took me 20 minutes for dry, straight hair versus nearly an hour to blowdry and straighten. But not only that, my hair was very straight ( no wavy missed areas) and supet soft and shiny after i used the wet setting. Love this! Third, there are a ton of heat settings for every hair type. Fourth, the price was great! I spent 24 dollars on this at walmart. The one inch was 23. Love this straightener, definitely works on wet hair, leaving soft and silky shiny hair thats very straight without obvious indents. Only bad thing is it tugs on hair and steam is very hot. Other than that, best straightener ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Every few months or so I remember i have this iron and it's always kind of fun when I find it. I absolutely hate blow drying my hair in the summer but I also don't care much for it wavy (who i am i kidding - FRIZZY). Blow drying takes so much effort, and if i don't use the right cocktail of products and angle the dryer just so, I could end up with a mess.

I do use the iron on damp hair (never on soaking wet hair) and I need to iron in small sections to get good results. If i take too large of a clump of hair, it doesn't work. but on small sections, it flattens out the hair nicely and adds a bit of shine. on the more coarse areas of my hair (the back seems like hair of a different person vs. tthe front) this straighterner doesn't always do the trick as there's too much hair to do in small sections....so i still have to use my chi. I know, 2 straight irons in the morning, not exactly healthy for my hair, but I guess can't be THAT much worse than blow drying and straightening. I don't use this iron to straighten hair that's been blown out...it doesn't really work for me on dry hair, hence only 3 lippies.

As other reviewers mentioned beware of steam burns...not exactly the most fun way to start the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by kikilovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had my Wet 2 Straight for about 4 years now, and I don't use it very much since I got my CHI a few months ago. You see, while it's very convenient that I can straighten my hair from when it's wet, it really only dries my hair like a blow dryer and brush would - semi-straight, but dry, and with still a bit of frizz. This is with a heat protectant, mind you. In order to get my hair straight enough to tell that it's been straightened and not just naturally straight (my hair is naturally very wavy but what I mean is that it only gets it straight enough to look like I have naturally semi-straight hair and you can't tell I've done anything) I need to take at least an extra 20 minutes on my dry hair (which is thick and a bit below my shoulders). The time adds up to almost an hour! With that time, I can blow dry my hair and then use my CHI for a much straighter, shinier, less frizzy look - and it takes away the "poof" factor! Plus, I don't have to use nearly as much product with the CHI. I strongly suggest opting for a CHI or even the Revlon 1" straightener, which isn't as a fast as the CHI but eventually gets almost the same results, just a bit less pin-straight.

Tl;dr: it takes so long to dry & straighten that it's worth just blowdrying and using a better straightener.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely curly hair. I brought this Vegas in the middle of July at walgreens. I used it when my hair was wet and this is the best straightener I've ever tried. It left my hair sleek, shiny and my ends for once didn't frizz up. It kept my hair straight for 2 weeks before I washed it. I do reccommend a few things.
1. Use heat protectant on both settings.
2. Don't put oil in your hair before using it, it will make your hair frizzy.
3. Watch your fingers on the wet setting. I burned the balls out of my fingertips numerous times.
4. Use a deep conditioner before use. I use the Queen Helene Cream and i do a hot oil treatment before.
5. Don't use on a constant basis ( we all know this)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mymotherdoesntheckthewhat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about a year ago and I LOVE it. I saw it at target and it was only $22.00 so at first i didn't think it was going to work unless your hair was already pretty much natually traight and fine. The day I got it I had my hair crimped (slept in braids)
but decided to try it out anyway. Now, Ya'll my hair is REALLY think and naturally wavy and it's only going to get wavier/curly as I get older because I have my mom's hair and that's how it went with her. But because of the heat settings it works on all hair types and it even dries your hair. Some down sides: I wouldn't reccomend drying you hair with it every day or in fact using it every day espescially without a heat protectant spray. When you DO dry it, though beware of the steam. it is vented so it steams a LOT. Also it it easy to burn yourself. A little word of advice: you might want to experement with heat settings because on the package they give you yours but I feel like you can go a WHOLE lot lower than what they give you which can prevent damage. Overall, I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Visiting my aunt for Christmas, I found a straightener in a mauled plastic package laying on her dashboard. I asked her what it was doing there, and she said that she got it for Christmas from her mom and was returning it. I asked her if it didn't work well, and she said that it worked wonderfully, but the only thing was she wants a new curler instead. That straightener was the Remington Wet 2 Straight. I did some Makeup Alley research, and discovered that this wasn't a bad straightener out there. I then texted her two days later and asked her if she had returned it yet, because I would like to buy it off of her. Good thing she had been busy. I gave her $20 for it, but I believe it retails for about $25. And that is how I ended up with it. Mine is purple, and is 2" which is great for my long hair, especially since I usually use a 1" straightener. The straightener has different levels of heat, ranging from 1 to 30, 1 being lowest and 30 being highest. Yes, the buttons are hard to push and you have to jam your fingers in there...hard. Something I dislike is that it always starts at 15, and I have to sit there each day and jam my finger into the hard, little button 15 more times. It gets extremely hot and steamy. It is designed so you can choose to straighten your hair while you dry it if you have wet hair. What a great invention, because I always shower in the morning and my long hair takes a while to dry. What I end up doing every day is showering, towel drying or wringing my hair, applying makeup (gives it more time to dry), applying heat protection spray, blow drying for about 15 seconds to get excess water off, and then straightening, my hair still very sopping wet. When I run it through my hair, hot steam comes out of the main side into my face, and my hair is visibly a little bit dryer but still hot and wet, and it is a bit curly at the ends so I have to go over it a few more times for it to be good. If I straighten it and brush the strand with my fingers my fingers end up burning, and when I have to get close to my face with it it can make my face heat up and get all steamed and warm. I have only straightened it once when my hair was actually dry, and that was the day I got it to test it out, and I had it on 28 with my hair dry and it straightened it so amazing. Let me explain about my past history. My first straightener before this was the Conair Infiniti styler, which can curl and straighten. It was designed like a reular 1" flat iron, but had 2 metal curves on one side of the blade so if you needed to curl too, you could wrap it around your hair once and pull down to make a curl (regular flat irons can do it too, but this one could do it better, but this made it heat up on the outside where the open curves were making me burn myself a lot, and I never ever made a curl and I watched so many videos on how to use it). I used it all the time, sometimes even doing it when my hair was still a little damp and damaging both my hair and straightener. I had gotten it for $40 believing that you got what you paid for. It never straightened my hair, point is. I tried everything. Highest setting, hair spray, no hair spray (water in it can make it curl, I've heard), straightening shampoo, etc. But literally, I kid you not, after less than 5 minutes of straightening my hair my hair would curl up so much at the ends, my whole head of hair would be tilted in dramatically. I then believed that my head full of blonde ringlets could never ever be straightened if this quality one would not do it after trying for years. I took a break from straightening and learned to appriciate and enhance my curls. But lets face it, styles get old and curls can't be brushed, curls cannot look shiny, curls can be messed up easily, curls can lack oomph, curls can fall flat and ugly, curls can get frizzy. So much can be annoying. Then I found this. Does it work? Yeah. My hair right now feels baby soft like nothing before. It is also straight as a pin after hours of activity. I love running my fingers through my hair now, once I wore it to a concert naturally curly and I made a habit of running my fingers through my hair...and forgot I had my curls in. I'm surprised at the quality. In the morning my hair doesn't dry in weird hay strands, it is now straight and dry in less than 15 minutes. I have only had it barely curl at the ends maybe once or twice before, and it definately is to be expected when I have my hair in a messy bun or ponytail for the night, but so far it has been straight, something I had given up on. It makes me smile looking back on the first day I used this waiting for my hair to curl up very much. I have recieved so many compliments and people have already been asking what straightener I use, because my hair used to never straighten and now it is so straight! I have had one person go out and buy one because they were so impressed. I love it, and to think I never knew that this kind of product existed! I love that it is so cheap and easy to find and I cart it everywhere with me. My friend recently got a Conair straigher/curler (a newer version than the one I had) and so far she isn't impressed with Conair. Me either. Doesn't work and wouldn't buy it for a penny. I gave mine to my mother who loved borrowing my Conair for occations or when she was bored and uses it to fix certain parts of her hair or straighten the top layer of it, or even just experiment. One thing though, the water must make the flat iron blades rust a bit, the edges of mine are a little brown. Not much though, and it is extremely cheap and effective and easy to use, cheap enough where I could pick a new one up each year if it bothered me enough. Definately a product that is genius and useful for my lifestyle and actually works, which is what I am asking for for a straightener or flat iron. Bravo. Well done. Will repurchase a million times over and over. I definately reccomend and am absolutely stunned with the results.