CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and its a shame that I didnt start using the whole Cerave line years ago. I have combination skin prone to eczema and rosacea and have probably spent hundreds of dollars on fancy moisturizers only to have them burn my skin and make me breakout. My derm told me that I have one of the most sensitive faces that she has ever seen, probably in her top 3. Thanks....I guess?

Cerave miraculously hydrates the layers of dry skin while keeping the surface matte and not looking like an oil slick. Its fragrance free, goes on smooth, formulated with effective ingredients (see website) and doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out. I actually find that this moisturizers better than the Cerave cream since it's lighter and my face pratically drinks it up. Putting on makup is defintely a challenge though (which is why I took off a lippie). If you put on too much lotion or don't wait long enough to let it sink in, it will pile up and turn into a big mess. In comparison to other drugstore brands; Cetaphil made my skin greasy and gave me clusters of little white heads, Neutragina stung/irritated my skin and Aveeno just sat on the surface without really moisturizing. Bottom line, I recomend the whole Cerave line of products for anyone with sensitive skin.

**EDIT**
Unfortunately i have found that during the drier winter months this does not moisturize enough. Luckily I have found ShiKai's Borage Facial Lotion. This mixed with Cerave- basically a superpower lotion. A little bit greasy and Im not crazy about the Borage smell so I only slather this stuff on at night.

on 10/31/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally used Cerave PM, which I enjoyed for the most part. It was light but moisturizing and I liked that it had niacinamide (because it can help lighten marks). Sadly, I believe the niacinamide was why PM would always give me small red breakouts. They weren't a big deal but they did bother me. Several months ago, I finally decided to try the regular lotion, which is very similar to PM. The ingredient lists do not differ much, and I find the formulas work almost identically, though PM does feel a tad thinner in terms of consistency. I prefer the PM pump, which dispenses less product, but I understand the regular lotion is meant for both face and body use. For value, you get more with the regular lotion -- 12 oz. for ~$14, whereas PM is 3 oz. for almost the same price. The biggest difference for me, however, is the lack of niacinamide in the regular lotion formula -- no red breakouts!

My skin is oily but prone to dehydration. It used to be a lot more dehydrated but I believe the Cerave lotions have been crucial to the restoration and healthy maintenance of its moisture barrier. Because my skin is oily as well, I went through many different "hydrating" moisturizers that did nothing for my dehydration, particularly because they hydrated but weren't occlusive enough to keep that hydration in. I had to look to richer formulas but many were too much for my oiliness (Clinique Moisture Surge Intense being a notable exception). Cerave lotions are different because they actually moisturize while being light and comfortable. Now that my dehydration is under control, sometimes I feel I should switch to a lighter moisturizer, but I stick with the Cerave not only because it works well for my skin, but also because it is great as a buffer under alcohol-laden sunscreen and works well under make-up. (Oh, and winter is coming.)

While I thoroughly enjoy Cerave lotion, I do not think it is for everyone. Oily skin that is not dehydrated may find this is too much for them, and I'm not sure it would be enough for very dry skin. Additionally, I know some people have suffered bad breakouts from usage -- and not just small red spots like I had with PM. In my experience, this product seems to be one people either love or hate, mostly because it works well or it breaks them out. For every poll where the majority hates it, there's another where everyone loves it. So definitely a YMMV product, though I highly recommend it myself :)

on 10/8/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin on my body that is sensitive and a bit acne prone, this stuff is awesome for all of it. I was using Aveeno before (and I love that stuff) but I've switched to this. This doesn't make me break out as much as Aveeno did and has actually improved the look and feel of the skin on my legs. It doesn't have that instant "Ahh!" feeling but it really has helped hydrate my skin over time.

I just wish there was more in a bottle and that it wasn't as expensive. But I love that I can use this on my face too and it doesn't feel greasy.

This stuff is fantastic. I'm a big fan of CeraVe's stuff.

on 10/4/2014 4:18:00 PM

I bought this after my go-to face moisturizer (complex 15) became too pricey. It feels a little heavy, but my skin does not break out from it which is a plus. I do notice as the day goes on I tend to look much oiler than I used to, but will take it over pimples.

on 9/6/2014 12:51:00 PM

*HG* Incredibly elegant and effective moisturizer for both face and body. I have hypersensitive, clog-prone skin that tends to be oily but dehydrated. This absorbs quickly, works great under make up (non-greasy, no balling up) and makes all of my skin very happy. In the winter (or whenever my skin needs it), I layer this over a thin layer of jojoba oil or burt's bees repair serum (face). And this works so beautifully over serums/treatments/boosters, I feel like I may never need to buy an expensive face cream again. If and when I need more targeted treatment, I can invest in serums, which I tend to think are more effective anyway.
Just a fantastic product. Big rave.

on 9/1/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

So this actually made my skin extremely dry. This is the moisturizing lotion for bod for normal to dry skin. The bottle also says "Provides patented controlled release of ingredients to help repair and restore your skin's natural protective barrier". This did nothing. It's super light weight, which is great, but the absorption does nothing for my skin except making it flake and peel. I lather on a thick layer because I don't want to waste it. Stuff isn't cheap. For a 12 oz pump bottle, got it for $16. Best part? When I finish.

on 7/31/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

When I was on Accutane until 2 months ago, I used this for a week or so, This thing clog my pores and i had a lot of whiteheads forming. Then I started using it on my body and it was perfect.Because of acutane my skin became very sensive. This lotion never caused me any rash or allergic reaction of any kind. WARNING: Do not use it on your face, use it on your body, unless your face it's not acne prone than go head.

on 7/31/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For my extremely sensitive acne rosacea, seb derm crazy skin this works awesome! Goes great over top of derm subscribed creams/gels and really hydrates my skin.It also seems to be really helping my seb derm pretty much eliminated it lately . Love the pump bottle and how mcuh product you get for the price. Would reccomend to anyone with sensitive , acne prone, seb derm, dermatitis just over all fussy skin. My mom also uses it and loves it keeps her skin plump and very hydrated

on 7/5/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very picky skin because it's normal but it takes a lot of effort here in Vegas to keep it moist and soft without slathering greasy oil-based lotions on it.
I found CeraVe just casually, not even sure why I picked it because the packaging itself is not the most appealing on the shelf.
So, anyways, because it contains ceramides and not only emollients, I find it divine on my skin.
It's lightweight, absorbs quickly and keeps my skin soft and supple. I use it on my body, face, and ... hair too!!! it's such an amazing product! I like that it doesn't contain any fragrance.

on 7/4/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was using this moisturizer with the cerave foaming cleanser. I thought I had found my daily routine for my oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I was disappointed because I started breaking out with the cleanser for 2 weeks. I decided to get the moisturizer to see if it would help. I was wrong I broke out more the next 4 days. It made my face very very oily. So i stopped and returned both items. Just not for me.