November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Cremestick Liner - Beurre

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by luxwasfourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

amazing! i would be so sad without this.. nice natural plum colour that goes well with all my lipsticks. staying power is divine and the added bonus is it makes my lips looks plumper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Whirl has been my stand-by for years; I'm never without a backup. Beurre, I was advised, was a dead ringer for Whirl, but with a creamier texture. If I could get the color of Whirl in recyclable packaging (more B2Ms for me!), I'm all over it.

The difference between the two is so slight it's easy to see why they're often noted as twins. Beurre is slightly pinker and softer, however, which is a wonderful thing - Whirl can come off darker and not match nude lipsticks as well as Beurre can. When I put Beurre on as a fill, I look like I'm not wearing anything, but my lips look baby soft and healthy. Now if only they'd make this into a full sized lipstick!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by alba75

It is a lightweight product, smooth to apply and relatively long-lasting. It works very well as outline or as a fill. MAC cremestick liner is effective in keeping lip colour products bleeding. When it comes to the colour, I would say that the description (mellow pinky plum) on the website is accurate.
My quest for a perfect nude lip colour was frustrating, since I found that nude lip colours tend to bring out sallow yellowishness (NARS Belle de Jour or Honolulu Honey) and wash out the complexion. In order to achieve a much-desired nude look on my lips, I use Buerre cremestick as a fill in combination with Dior Addict Ultra Nude #220. This combination gives me that mauve beige cool look without treacherous yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by belladonnawildheart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What can I say that hasnt already been stated. I love Buerre. Its my "go to" lipliner. I use this on days I want a nice natural MLBB look. This and a little bit of gloss and I'm good to go.
The formula is creamy and easy to apply. I would def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite Cremestick :) Beurre is a soft MLBB plum pink with a touch of brown (to keep it a more wearable neutral), no shimmer. A lot of people compare this to Whirl (which I love) and say they are identical. Whirl is darker and more plum brown when swatched next to Beurre, which is a softer and pinker tone. The difference is slight, but it is there. This is definately my HG lipliner; it goes with almost every lipstick and gloss I own.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipliner is a win-win for everyone. It's not too brown, not too dark, not too pink or light, not too red. On me, it's just right. I can't really describe the shade...it's like a soft plum/pink shade that defines my lips naturally and makes them look super sexy. I've had issues with darker lipliners making my already ginormous lips look even bigger, but not this one! Ladies with darker skintones and pigmented lips - do not shy away from this one...it's truly gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by stephaniezombie

Very versatile and creamy. Doesn't dry your lips out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liner goes with a wide variety of lipsticks from nudes to pinks to brown shades. Love the texture and great retractable packaging. Also long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by espinovale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this lip liner to go with viva glam11, but now I wear it with most of my lip sticks. It blends in very nicely I hope it doesn't get discontinued. I will for sure re-purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I could get away with this being my only lip liner. I use this most often and this cremestick liner has the best texture. Great color. Defines without being so noiticeable.