MAC Cremestick Liner - Beurre

4.6

on 1/5/2010 3:09:00 AM

This is ok. the packaging is amazing, I love the self sharpening aspect, so convienent and sanitary. Then the colour, its heading in the right direction, but a little to dark for most lips i think. The formulation is very creamy, you dont have to tug your lips at all which is great. It lasts pretty well. What I dont like is that it is too sharp and too
precise for me. really sharp and defined is a really good look for eyeliner but for lipliner it can be really harsh and un-natural. I think im going to stick with my rimmel wich gives a thicker line that looks less mamacita.

on 12/29/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As everyone else has said this is a great great color. Its so creamy and applies so well and because of its gorgeous pink-ish color it matches nearly everything, and can be used to fill in the lids and then covered with a lipglass! Its wonderful and I love pairing it with Viva Glam VI Lipglass

on 12/14/2009 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am falling in love with MAC lips first! I have been slowly gathering all of their lip liners and have to say that my latest, Beurre, is my favorite! A deep plummy rose shade, this l/l fills a gap in my m/u stash. I have many of my nighttime l/s that this will be perfect with! The cremestick liners have an amazing texture and go on so beautifully. I'm addicted! I agree with the reviewer who said that this plumps up their lips-mine too!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

amazing! i would be so sad without this.. nice natural plum colour that goes well with all my lipsticks. staying power is divine and the added bonus is it makes my lips looks plumper.

on 11/27/2009 8:21:00 AM

Whirl has been my stand-by for years; I'm never without a backup. Beurre, I was advised, was a dead ringer for Whirl, but with a creamier texture. If I could get the color of Whirl in recyclable packaging (more B2Ms for me!), I'm all over it.

The difference between the two is so slight it's easy to see why they're often noted as twins. Beurre is slightly pinker and softer, however, which is a wonderful thing - Whirl can come off darker and not match nude lipsticks as well as Beurre can. When I put Beurre on as a fill, I look like I'm not wearing anything, but my lips look baby soft and healthy. Now if only they'd make this into a full sized lipstick!

on 11/13/2009 12:36:00 PM

It is a lightweight product, smooth to apply and relatively long-lasting. It works very well as outline or as a fill. MAC cremestick liner is effective in keeping lip colour products bleeding. When it comes to the colour, I would say that the description (mellow pinky plum) on the website is accurate.
My quest for a perfect nude lip colour was frustrating, since I found that nude lip colours tend to bring out sallow yellowishness (NARS Belle de Jour or Honolulu Honey) and wash out the complexion. In order to achieve a much-desired nude look on my lips, I use Buerre cremestick as a fill in combination with Dior Addict Ultra Nude #220. This combination gives me that mauve beige cool look without treacherous yellow undertones.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

What can I say that hasnt already been stated. I love Buerre. Its my "go to" lipliner. I use this on days I want a nice natural MLBB look. This and a little bit of gloss and I'm good to go.
The formula is creamy and easy to apply. I would def. repurchase.

on 11/6/2009 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite Cremestick :) Beurre is a soft MLBB plum pink with a touch of brown (to keep it a more wearable neutral), no shimmer. A lot of people compare this to Whirl (which I love) and say they are identical. Whirl is darker and more plum brown when swatched next to Beurre, which is a softer and pinker tone. The difference is slight, but it is there. This is definately my HG lipliner; it goes with almost every lipstick and gloss I own.

on 10/16/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This lipliner is a win-win for everyone. It's not too brown, not too dark, not too pink or light, not too red. On me, it's just right. I can't really describe the shade...it's like a soft plum/pink shade that defines my lips naturally and makes them look super sexy. I've had issues with darker lipliners making my already ginormous lips look even bigger, but not this one! Ladies with darker skintones and pigmented lips - do not shy away from this one...it's truly gorgeous!

Very versatile and creamy. Doesn't dry your lips out either.