Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 11/30/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample size and had several packets on hand that I took on vacation with me. My husband saw me packing this and said his ex (who has long luxurious hair) swore by this shampoo and would use nothing else. That got my expectations up pretty high for this product plus I had heard a lot of positive feedback over the years. I was excited to try this new to me product. So, how did it perform? It really didn't lather much and I like lather, because then I can tell if the product is distributed evenly on my head. Overall, this was a fine product and it left my hair clean and rinsed out easily. This dried my hair out something fierce though and I followed with Mane 'n Tail leave in conditioner. I had to use a lot of conditioner though as this left my hair feeling really dry and there was absolutely no way I could comb through it even with my wet hair comb. It didn't really leave a scent and I like the scent of freshly washed hair. It did clean my hair. It didn't cause any irritation to my scalp. It didn't smell like dog shampoo as I thought it would. Although this was designed for use on horses it felt and performed like any other shampoo I have used. I won't buy it though as I need a formula with a lot of moisturizer and I prefer a lingering scent and I like more lather. After using this for 2 weeks, I don't understand all the hype over this. It was okay, but not any better than any other hair product that I have tried.

on 11/26/2014 8:30:00 AM

I've used this shampoo and conditioner on and off since high school and I keep going back to it so I just keep it on hand all the time. I like to use mane and tail especially in the winter because it doesn't make my hair hold onto excess water and I HATE the blow dryer (some weird childhood fear along with vacuum cleaners).

I'm not sure it helps hair grow but my friend *swears* it made her hair grow 12 inches in 6 months.

I like that mane n tail is pretty universal and it is gender neutral so my boyfriend doesn't feel like he's rubbing a field of flowers on his head. All in all it's a great product with out any extreme claims and it's a great value, I will continue to re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent shampoo.

It helped clear up a bout of bacne I got after using alba shampoo. I don't really enjoy the smell and I ALWAYS have to do a double shampoo for it to lather up, which is kinda annoying. I just continue to use it because it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and its cheap. my hair continues to grow at its usual pace lol.

on 10/28/2014 7:19:00 PM

This is what I have been searching for my entire life! I can wash my hair in the morning, go to school, go to work, then sleep and by the morning my hair is an oily, flat mess! Since I have been using both shampoo and conditioner my hair will last ATLEAST 2 days! I have thin hair, but a lot of it. I absolutely recommend to others with this problem.

on 10/10/2014 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Not bad shampoo but somehow make me have smelly scalp. On the second day after I washed my hair , my scalp smell like it haven't been washed for a week.

on 10/9/2014 6:02:00 AM

many people said this is an inexpensive product. in some countries yes maybe but not in Indonesia. It costs arround 2$ for a regular shampoo (200ml) but this product costs about 16$ - 19$ for 355ml depending where you bought it , though I admit this shampoo makes my hair feel softer. Still, I don't like the SLS inside. I don't feel this shampoo helps my hair grow faster like most reviewer said. The scent is kinda weird but it's ok

on 10/7/2014 10:16:00 AM

I use 2 tablespoons of this mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda and my hair looks great. I have dyed, shoulder length, thick, wavy hair and this is my absolute favorite. I wash and rinse it thoroughly once a week and It never looks dirty even though I use a leave in conditioner after (Infusium 23 leave in, spray on). Excellent pricing and the big bottle lasts forever. Highly recommend.

on 9/30/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just rediscovered this shampoo after twenty years. My parents were ranchers and our neighbors gave us a bottle for my frizzy hair. It worked and I used it for years and grew waist length soft and shiny hair. Then I grew up and forgot about it. Buying some next time I'm out for sure!

on 9/24/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used this product when I had bleached my hair to the point it was snapping and breaking. 6 months later my hair was in great condition, after hairdressers had told me it might take years for it to grow back normal. Great product, leaves my hair feeling thicker looking shiny and it does help hair growth.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love mane n tail shampoos and conditioner!! It leaves my hair clean..easy to manage..and in good condition! It smells OK..not like much.. and o love the big bottle for the price. I wish Walmart would carry it--at least I wish my Walmart would. I think it helps your hair grow.. and it does wonders for ppl with hair in awful condition.

Popular Shampoos