April 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by glassflowersxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this when I was a teenager because, at the time, it was being marketed as a shampoo that could make your hair grow faster. Having read the reviews on this site carefully before returning to Mane and Tail, I have to say I felt better buying this again having already known that my hair reacted well to it. I've read that a lot of women had more fallout, extreme dryness, as well as other problematic symptoms of unhealthy hair. The occasional positive review gave me hope, though.

I put my hair through hell this past year, having dyed it darker and darker hues until I finally had blue-black hair. That color looked nice but coming back from that was awful. I used Suave shampoo+peroxide as my regular shampoo for about two months and continued to try different light brown dyes to make the dark hair color less severe. I finally got fed up and used Color Oops, making my thick, wavy, voluminous hair super-fine. Rest in Peace to the natural health of my hair. As part of my damage control routine, I started using Organix's Anti-Breakage Keratin Shampoo, which I really liked for a while even though I had to use a lot of it for my medium length hair. I really just got tired of the way my hair looked, I guess (the ends in particular looked rough), and desired better health, when I remembered Mane and Tail.

This shampoo makes my hair so soft and manageable. It seems really healthy. I use Dove's Intensive Therapy conditioner (the BEST) and only wash my hair two or three times a week. I'm hoping that this shampoo will restore my texture back to the strong, mane-like quality that it was before and so far, so good. I no longer have ratty split-ends. Everything looks and smells really nice.

(The giant bottle is mildly inconvenient but not the end of the world. You get a lot of product for the price.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I finally gave in to purchase this shampoo.I like to try different shampoos for my treated hair.I was pleasantly amazed when using this the 1st time.Yes,it was awkward handling this in the shower.I bought the huge bottle,which was the only one available.The smell was really nice,lathered great in my hair.My hair felt strong once my hair was fully rinsed.No loss of hair.Some shampoos I use, a little will come out when rinsing.I didn'y buy the M & T conditioner,just used my regular conditioner.Once,my hair dry.I noticed how shiny,thicker & smooth my ends were.Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Megan18613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this and the matching conditioner in an effort to make my hair grow. It definitely does encourage growth, but my hair will be greasy only the next day if I wash with this. Also, I find it dries my hair out and makes it extremely hard to comb through (the conditioner makes no difference) even while damp.

The smell is nice, very clean and like freshly cut grass - in a good way. The price was very reasonable: only £8 for both the shampoo and conditioner on amazon.co.uk. So, if you're looking for a quick growth spurt try Mane 'n' Tail, but if you want a reliable shampoo that you can use regularly, keep searching.

Pros:
+ Helped with growth
+Smells good

Cons:
+Drying
+Causes greasy buildup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo was fairly cheap for such a large bottle. I originally wanted to buy a smaller version since it was my first time trying this line out, but my Rite Aid only had the jumbo bottles. I heard so much hype surrounding this range and was looking for something to spruce up my hair, which was a little dull. This product had a light pleasant scent and lathered up well. It is a tad drying so I had to make sure my hair was well conditioned afterwards. While it definitely did a decent job of cleansing my hair, I didn't notice any particularly noticeable change to my hair with use.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bequeenb

do not use this if your hair is thin and dry! It doesn't make your hair shiny or glamorous, so if that is what you are looking for then you are on the wrong way. my hair didn't work out with this, but im sure it's great if you have thick, big, moisturized and curly hair, otherwise i would recommend another schampoo. cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lucyballerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For some reason all the shampoos I have used work the same. I have thick hair up to about my elbows but it does not make my hair any thicker. I have seen a little bit of growth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the better one out of the two (conditioner vs. shampoo). It definitely cleans and conditions your hair, but then when I put the conditioner on the silkiness goes away. I wish it came in a smaller bottle, its kind of bulky in the shower. This definitely gives your a hair a bunch of volume, if that's what your looking for, but that is not on my top priority. Mane 'n Tail beats Pantene by far, too, but I'm switching to something else after the rest of the bottle is used

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by InfiniteBritishInfinity

This product is simply great. It made my hair thicker, and mended my split ends. The price is amazing, and the smell is really light, but still smells good. The packaging isn't the best, but it's good enough to not let the product leak, and keep it all inside. The smell smells like a lighter version of an average tresimee shampoo. It made my hair a whole lot shiner and my hair grew atleast an half an inch a month. I have hair extensions, but when I went to my friends house without them in, and came over again in 4 months, she was amazed at how much my hair grew. I really like this product, but if you buy it, I think it's a must to buy the conditioner with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just okay not great but not bad either. Reasonably priced and does what it's supposed to do. I have used better shampoos. The texture is also a little weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I just started using it but I anticipate great results .. after only the first use with conditioner my hair is softer and shinier .. my boyfriend is using it as well! It smelled nice, lathered nice, and I especially liked that I could use the conditioner as a leave-in as well! I am on medication that dries my hair out so I can only wash it once a week anyway, so this is great to use!