Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

on 10/30/2011 11:21:00 PM

This was a big fail for me. I tried it in the soft pink and light shade. I was looking for something to highlight, illuminate, and maybe even hide some dark circles and bags... but the light shade oxidized within minutes, turning a dark orange color, while soft pink just looked… pink. It made me look worse than having no makeup on (that's why I'm giving it a 1/5)! This product was returned. The only things I liked about it was that it was really nice to blend and the packaging is simple and pretty.

on 9/22/2011 11:57:00 PM

Amazing, although it's only an illuminator it covers the dark under my eyes and does not crease at all!I've never found a concealer that was so smooth and crease-free, but this is the one.

on 3/24/2011 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this thing!
I found it by " accident" ha ha, not looking for something in particular, and I loved it instantly!
I use it for the under eye area, and it does a wonderful job. I have severe dark circles, and this product does it s job very good.It is no miracle, but my appearance is quite improved.
It does not crease and it does not accentuate the fine lines around the eye.
It blends with skin wonderfully.
The brush does a great job also , for getting right under the lashes.
So far I have used 3 concelears, 2 from MUFE and this one, and I have to say that this is by far the best !

on 1/18/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this a while ago and was using it to highlight around my nose, mouth, cheeks. Then decided I didn't need that all the time. Forgot about it. Just recently I picked it up to put under my eyes for a quick fix on my way out the door and I couldn't believe how it perfectly concealed my dark circles without looking heavily made up. I'm sold on this product. The shade is #07 soft pink. I do not have drastically dark circles to cover, however, I have some junk. I just checked the E.L. website and they still have it!

on 1/6/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer - it is so pretty on the skin!

on 9/21/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This product is just so-so. I have a friend that worked at estee lauder and she gave it to me. If I had paid $25 though I'd be slightly dissapponted. I wouldn't use this concealer on blemishes (why would you want to illuminate your pimples?) but rather as just an eye brightener and a highlighter on the bridge of my nose and cupids bow. I don't use it for coverage but it seems to be decent, not the best, if you have serious under eye circles you will need a corrector first. Also, do not apply directly from the applicator because a blob comes out. I put it on the back of my hand first then apply with my finger. You could also use it on your cheekbones and under the brow as a highlighter, I prefer to use only powder on those areas though. Overall, not really worth the $$, I won't repurchase this once I run out. I believe I have this in medium (tan Mac nc40 for reference).

on 8/30/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is an illuminator!!! you must wear this along WITH concealer ladies! It works great i love how it brightens my face! Its worth ever penny.

on 8/12/2010 7:58:00 AM

I have been using this for several months now and think it is OK. As a highlighter I couldn't honestly say that I think it works better than YSL Touche D'eclat... and as a concealer for my dark under eye circles it does lighten my under eye area, but doesnt actually diminish or hide my dark circles. I have been using it as its quick to use and I'm always in a rush in the mornings, and as I spent the money I should finish it, but I dont think I will bother buying this again.

on 7/30/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The packeging of this product is gorgeous. To get the product out, you twist the bottom of the illuminater pen(much like the stila lipglazes). You have to be careful to not use too much because A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY with this product. I once used a little too much because a blob came out of the tip(i twisted to much and I was in a hurry) and i ended up with yellowy/blue under-eye "circles(?)." and that was not attractive looking, lol. But this is actually a very good product when used sparingly and if using too much it might settle in your lines if older.

on 7/23/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just have to say...wow. I was really hesitant to buy this, as the YSL Touche Eclat was a huge fail for me. But I'm not sorry that I gave it a chance.

I have this in the lightest, 01 light, which really is waaay too light for my medium skin tone. But I found that it illuminates and brightens my dark circles, better than the 02 colour, (which is what I got it for) like none other. It's also non-cakey, it doesn't settle into my small under-eye lines, and even if it's not thick it sets really good into the skin (unlike my MAC moisturecover which never really seem to set) and lasts all day.

The pen itself it beautiful and I actually like the twist-and-blob thing. lol. It's really easy to use and I would definitely buy this again, even for the horrendous price I paid for it - about $50.

PS! I only gave it a 4 because I haven't been using it for that long. I have to see how it works with my foundation and my tinted moisturizer first. To be continued...=)