August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal to T-zone oily skin combination. I bought this product because I was enticed by the frosty packaging and the clear liquid simply looked "delicious" to me, so I just gotta buy to try. In addition, my colleague recommended to me as one of her must-buy skincare cleanser. To add to the temptation, there was a cosmetic and skincare sales and the product was selling at SGD25. for 200mL full size bottle. However, I did not find the product cleansed well for me. I always double-cleansing with a make-up oil remover first, followed by a cleanser. I find the cleansing power is mild to my liking despite it stated is for oily skin formula. I used to the half-bottle (approx 2months of everyday usage) as I thought to give it another chance but then pimples began to surface and my pores began clogged. I learnt the hard way - sometimes wastage is inevitable rather than making the situation worse! I just have to dump it even though I thought of using it as bathing solution but I worried my body pores might get clogged. I thought of using it to wash the toilet but it left a film which is quite slippery and pose a safety risk. So it best to be dumped.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by danagreer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not the best cleanser on the market for oily skin, murad exfoliating is a better cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I've been using the 3-step system no 3 for combination-oily skin for about a month now and so far I've been very satisfied! It has made a remarkably change on my t-zone! It's far less oily than it used to be and I have a lot less break outs. My skin looks matte and even throughout the day, something I've never been able to accomplish with other brands.

The liquid soap smells pleasant and I love the slight tingly feeling (it has menthol in it). The packaging is super elegant and if you buy the 400 ml (!) full size bottle you're set with cleanser for months. The price is not so bad, not cheap but considering you get so much product, It's great value.

I recommend that you are careful to choose the right cleanser for the right skin type. I've tried the mild liquid soap before and it did nothing for me. This however is my new HG of cleansers. Too bad it didn't work out for a lot of the reviewers here because for me it's been a lifesaver!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by xxhearttxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought it was going to be really good and effective at first. but then when i used it, it felt horrible and it didnt make my face any less oily, i think it made it more oily. and throughout the day i felt really dirty since i have being useing the product. it makes my face feel really dirty. i would NOT reccomend this to anyone at all, unless you were no make up or have naturally perfect skin. its terrible

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by bubbleluscious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hate to burst alot of ppl's bubbles on this one.. but here is my take on the clinique liquid face soap.
i went to my clinique counter and bought this with the toner number 3, hoping for great results, as my close friend highly recommended to me.(she has acne like me, but hers more on the mild side).
what i found with this was that it removed some of my makeup - but not all. and in terms of cleansing benefits; i have rly, acneprone skin that is at the same time sensitive. i didnt find it cleansed the way i wanted it to. it was too gentle and i found bcuz it didnt clean well enough i started getting more frequent breakouts.
final opinion: sure, it would be nice for someone with normal, clear skin who wears very little makeup. but other than that, i cant honestly recommend. all i can say is that i was expecting more.. sorry...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

I have tried a lot of facial soaps and I love this one. It is very refreshing and tingly on my skin (it contains menthol.)

I feel like it cleans my skin very well and helps to control oil too.

Sometimes it is hard for my oily skin to feel fresh but this satisfies that. I use it night and day and donít feel that it strips my skin. It also lasts a long time. I am just now halfway through my bottle and I bought it back at the end of December. I think it is excellent value for money. I will buy this one again because it is my favorite cleanser to date.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by hannahr20

Pros:
- Nice packaging
- Not too badly priced
- Lasts quite a long time

Cons:
- The scent isn't very appealing
- Doesn' leave my face feeling very clean
- Not very much of a lather

Wouldn't recommend this or repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like the liquid facial soap. It leaves my face feels greasy. I feel like it doesn't rinse off entirely. The clinique bar soap is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After countless attempts to find the best tailored face cleansing regime this is the one that works for me. I like this soap pump as its gentle enough to use frequently as I have a pump on my sink and in the shower. I personaly find this is enough for my skin. I use the toners and lotion rarely as I find the soap keep its clean enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by wwall665

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been trying to find some kind of product to help with my oily skin. VERY OILY!! This unfortunately wasn't it. I was so happy to finally get this and try it out! I used the 3 step system for oily skin including: oily facial wash, #4 toner, and the dramatically different moisturizing gel. This has done nothing for my skin. I am still oily and my skin tone and acne still look the same. I have acne prone skin with a few breakout once in awhile. It does not help with that and it kind of irritates my skin. I am very disappointed with this! Oh well my search goes on! Oh and this stuff isn't cheap!!!!