Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

3.5

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Pelmetto) Fruit Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just soap. Nothing fancy. I used this after getting rid of my acne when I was about 15 and had been prescribed a course of antibiotics. I never used to bother with high-end cleansers because I thought, I've got acne, how great can my skin look potentially? Not that fantastic, so I may as well just get a basic cleanser. When the spots cleared up, I was excited to try new products and improve the look of my skin. So I jumped right in with this after using ProNexin religiously but finding it too expensive. But this just doesn't do anything. It feels a little refreshing, but you can see how 'gentle' it is immediately. My skin is very oily, and 20 minutes after washing my skin feels tacky. It just doesn't strip my skin of oil, which is my desire. I know it's better to keep it moisturised but I find it so uncomfortable because my skin is literally probably one the oiliest you can get, that I just want all traces of oil gone. I always feel really grimy after using this, like it's not really done much. And then I still get spots with it. If you're acne prone I really do think you're better going for a scrub, which removes all the dead cells and leaves your skin squeaky clean. I know scrubs and soaps are different but to be honest, when I can get a decent scrub that prevents spots and cleans for £2, I'm not gonna choose to purchase the Clinique and an extra scrub. I really expected amazing results when spending so much on soap, but needless to say I'm now 19 and still have half of the bottle left.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

clearly this is a matter of preference and opinion (NOT a fact).... you should not HAVE TO use a "make up remover" first and a cleanser second. you can if you prefer, but washing your face SHOULD remove your make up. i also quit buying into "initial purging is a good thing" bs back in high school. i may have a reaction to a change in cleansers but a cleanser making me breakout into a bunch of zits is, for me, a sign to quit using that product. this product was quite underwhelming and wont be repurchased.

So, I have to say a few things after reading some of the reviews on here. #1 - If you aren't removing your makeup prior to washing with this soap, you are not washing your face! It's like taking a shower with a swimsuit on, k? #2 - This is for #3 and #4 skins so if you aren't at the minimum a combination oily skin type then this will be too drying. #3 - This is great to use on its own but is intended for use with the entire Clinique 3-Step. You will get the best results for your oily skin using the entire 3-step. Alone you will probably not notice a great deal of difference. That would be like showering without rinsing and drying. All of that being said, yes the smell can be a little powerful (I didn't think so) but that is the menthol ingredients. Those are in there to help with the oiliness. If you find it too drying (and you're using the other two parts of the 3-step system) either switch down to the mild soap or to the dramatically different lotion - instead of gel. Breakouts might happen BECAUSE you are purging your pores. This is a good thing and usually will not last more than two weeks! This 3-step system has been a miracle for me and my skin. Use it!!

Like any clinique product this was reasonably priced and came in stylish minimalist packaging. However, the product itself left much to desire. The revolting menthol scent and "cool" feel makes my skin crawl. I broke out after using this for a mere evening. It's very drying and left my skin with a dull look to it. I do not recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tend to switch up cleansers quite often, but I always seem to go back to this one! My skin feels so clean and soft after using it, and it cleared up my skin quite a bit. I switch between the oily skin version in the summer, since my skin is greasier, and the mild version in the winter (the oily skin one is a bit too drying). The only con is the packaging, when I use it in the shower, water leaks into it and after a while the cleanser becomes too watery, so I always have to remove it from the shower. Other than that, this is my all time favourite cleanser!

I have only been using this product for a week but so far I really like it. It foams but not too much I do have to wash my face twice with this to get all my make up off, but I only use an amount the size of a dime so it will still last for a long time. I like the tingling it gives my face and my face just feels super clean with no residue left behind. Will update if things improve or get worse.
Edit: I will be returning this system as it has not done anything except make my skin soft which I can get with any other descent skin care.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Never again. It's overly drying! The problem with clinique is that it prides itself on being fragrance free but contains ingredients that are harsh and irritatating to skin - PEGS, disodium, SLS as the second ingredients after water.
Sigh, and they charge $50AUD for this stuff

This is the best cleanser I've ever used in my life! Whenever I use cleansers from other companies, I break out here and there. However, ever since I started using Clinique, I remained breakout free! It doesn't form that much foam because the texture is like gel. After I wash my face with this, I swipe my face with a swipe of cotton wet with Clinique toner. Usually, clinique toner picks up the remaining bb cream when I use a different cleanser, but the same thing did not occur when I used Clinique liquid soap. It surely makes my pores extra clean!

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a nice, gentle, mild, thorough cleanser. I cannot handle the stench... err... scent and it tastes terrible (yes, you know you get cleanser on your lips, too... don't judge! LOL!). It does a good job of cleansing and leaving my face feeling quite nice. Nothing stellar about it. CeraVe foaming facial does just as good a job for a lot less money. I'll use it up since I just got it but I won't repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So, I've been on the hunt for the perfect facial care system. I'm 33 years old with oily prone Hispanic skin. I don't have any wrinkles (yet) but suffer from genetic undereye circles, large pores, and a never ending supply of blackheads on the chin and nose. What I need is a skin care line (and I'm willing to pay the price) that will minimize my pores for a more airbrushed look, get rid of the blackheads, and brighten my sometimes dull complexion. I went ahead and splurged on the 3-step system #4, Wash Away Gel Cleanser plus the Dark Spot Corrector and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (see my other reviews.) All in all, it set me back about $150.00. I decided to review each part of the system separately because some elements work better than others. The first step was to remove makeup with the Wash Away Gel Cleanser, then use this Liquid Facial soap. While I didn't have any breakouts from this cleanser, it wasn't anything fascinating. I prefer a foaming cleanser, and this soap has the consistency of Dial hand soap. I guess it did the job, but my face did not feel uber clean. I've been more impressed with drug store washes. The packaging is really where Clinique drops the ball. I keep my face wash in the shower (who doesn't?) and the pump bottle somehow got water in it and the soap became very liquidy. By the time I got halfway through the bottle, it was mostly watery soap. For me, this was a dud.