December 18, 2014 | 1143 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

the bottle is really big but at the same the product is really thick, but i think the because of the size of the bottle this will last you a long time. it removes makeup great, even the indestructible revlon colorstay. although it doesnt remove colorstay COMPLETELY, it removes the majority of it. i use this mostly as a makeup remover followed by my cleanser. some people say this is drying, which i agree, but its not too overly drying. just follow up with a moisturizer and its fine. i dont use this anymore because i found a soap bar that can remove ALL my revlon colorstay, but this is still good cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i use this as apart of the 3 step system years ago when my skin broke out badly then switch to cheaper drugstore products. i recently haven't been happy with my old skincare so i switch back to this the dramatically different gel, love this lather well rinses clean no strong smell will buy again and try more clinque skincare

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Severe acne, sensitive, oily skin. I used this with the three step system, and liked it for the most part. Didn't do much for my acne at all, but wasn't too terribly bad. Also, despite having oily skin, I found this to be too drying. It made my skin very tight and uncomfortable. The only good thing I have to say about this product is how long it lasted, it lasted me almost a year. Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. Each time I have used this, I used the 3 step system. I had the facial wash in combination oily, the clarifying lotion in 3, and the dramatically different lotion in combination oily.
I had first tried this when I was 13, because I was having some trouble with acne. The facial wash was a thick gel with a mild pleasant smell. The clarifying lotion, which has alcohol in it, felt a bit drying, but I stuck with it anyway, and I loved the gel consistency of the moisturizer. My acne had cleared up within 2 months. I stopped using it because the wash and toner were very drying..
The second time I used it, I had terrible acne all over my forehead. I bought the system again because it had worked very well the first time, but I had no luck. I used it for over 3 months, then ran out, and since it clearly wasn't working, I did not buy it again.
The last time I tried the 3 step system was only a month ago. I'm actually in Sweden right now, so I don't have access to a dermatologist. My skin broke out EVERYWHERE and I freaked out, and I went to buy this, because I remembered I had some luck with it the first ime around. Again, it did not work.
It worked well when..
A) I was younger
B) my skin wasn't as oily
C) my acne wasn't too bad
I guess my skin got used to it. It worked so well the first time around, but since it failed to help my skin the second and third time around, I won't be buying this again. It was ultimately a letdown.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal to T-zone oily skin combination. I bought this product because I was enticed by the frosty packaging and the clear liquid simply looked "delicious" to me, so I just gotta buy to try. In addition, my colleague recommended to me as one of her must-buy skincare cleanser. To add to the temptation, there was a cosmetic and skincare sales and the product was selling at SGD25. for 200mL full size bottle. However, I did not find the product cleansed well for me. I always double-cleansing with a make-up oil remover first, followed by a cleanser. I find the cleansing power is mild to my liking despite it stated is for oily skin formula. I used to the half-bottle (approx 2months of everyday usage) as I thought to give it another chance but then pimples began to surface and my pores began clogged. I learnt the hard way - sometimes wastage is inevitable rather than making the situation worse! I just have to dump it even though I thought of using it as bathing solution but I worried my body pores might get clogged. I thought of using it to wash the toilet but it left a film which is quite slippery and pose a safety risk. So it best to be dumped.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by danagreer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not the best cleanser on the market for oily skin, murad exfoliating is a better cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I've been using the 3-step system no 3 for combination-oily skin for about a month now and so far I've been very satisfied! It has made a remarkably change on my t-zone! It's far less oily than it used to be and I have a lot less break outs. My skin looks matte and even throughout the day, something I've never been able to accomplish with other brands.

The liquid soap smells pleasant and I love the slight tingly feeling (it has menthol in it). The packaging is super elegant and if you buy the 400 ml (!) full size bottle you're set with cleanser for months. The price is not so bad, not cheap but considering you get so much product, It's great value.

I recommend that you are careful to choose the right cleanser for the right skin type. I've tried the mild liquid soap before and it did nothing for me. This however is my new HG of cleansers. Too bad it didn't work out for a lot of the reviewers here because for me it's been a lifesaver!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by xxhearttxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought it was going to be really good and effective at first. but then when i used it, it felt horrible and it didnt make my face any less oily, i think it made it more oily. and throughout the day i felt really dirty since i have being useing the product. it makes my face feel really dirty. i would NOT reccomend this to anyone at all, unless you were no make up or have naturally perfect skin. its terrible

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by bubbleluscious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hate to burst alot of ppl's bubbles on this one.. but here is my take on the clinique liquid face soap.
i went to my clinique counter and bought this with the toner number 3, hoping for great results, as my close friend highly recommended to me.(she has acne like me, but hers more on the mild side).
what i found with this was that it removed some of my makeup - but not all. and in terms of cleansing benefits; i have rly, acneprone skin that is at the same time sensitive. i didnt find it cleansed the way i wanted it to. it was too gentle and i found bcuz it didnt clean well enough i started getting more frequent breakouts.
final opinion: sure, it would be nice for someone with normal, clear skin who wears very little makeup. but other than that, i cant honestly recommend. all i can say is that i was expecting more.. sorry...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

I have tried a lot of facial soaps and I love this one. It is very refreshing and tingly on my skin (it contains menthol.)

I feel like it cleans my skin very well and helps to control oil too.

Sometimes it is hard for my oily skin to feel fresh but this satisfies that. I use it night and day and donít feel that it strips my skin. It also lasts a long time. I am just now halfway through my bottle and I bought it back at the end of December. I think it is excellent value for money. I will buy this one again because it is my favorite cleanser to date.