April 24, 2014 | 1888 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Manun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Just purchased the re-formulated Double Perfection Lumiere. I love it! The color line contains more "gold" in each shade, makes skin come alive with a soft matte finish. Beautiful foundation, gives subtle inner glow.
Chanel did a great job with this new product. Give it a try when you get a chance. The shades are beautiful, and it's now much easier to find your match. I purchased at Nordstrom, it just arrived!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by octazooka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use it as a touch up powder and not as a foundation, because a someone working at Chanel told me so. My skin is naturally flawless with some oily parts, so for me it is perfect. The packaging is beautiful as always at Chanel, and it smells good also. I will recommand it but not as a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I went to Macy's to get my daughter Clinique liquid facial soap and wonder around and stopped at the Chanel's counter and look at there powder foundation. I thought they don't have color for people with yellow undertone only cool undertone but I was wrong. The lady at the counter match me with #70 Tender Bisque for $50. I love the compact very luxury. Great foundation. update: 11-28-12 ; this powder will be re-formula what ever color they have left in stock that well be it. That what the lady at the counter told me. The new formula will be coming out in January 2013. She will called me when products instock. Yes will buy again. Update: 12-21-13; Bought the new compacts today in 22 Beige Rose and love it. Very natural coverage not too dry on my skin, no oxidize, very natural look. I pay for $52.50 before tax. It expensive but worth the money. The new formula doesn't have fragrance. If you like natural finished try this one and if you like makeup look with more coverage try Dior forever compact powder foundation or Shiseido perfect smooth powder foundation. Update: 01/27/14 , I will continue to buy and used this powder. It is now my favorite out of all the one that I have and used. The color 22 Beige Rose match my skin perfectly. I will called this my HG powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GoldenPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Exactly what I want in a powder. I was afraid of the "matt" term but it is not cakey or pancakey. It looks very natural and sets my foundation perfectly. I tried this alone and I got a little breakout so I won't use this on bare skin anymore. It is very expensive but its Chanel so I expect to pay more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yeah, this stuff is really good. Since Dior changed their Forever compact powder foundation and it didn't suit my needs, I thought I would try Chanel before I dove into the REALLY expensive ($100+)stuff.

I'm a "soft beige" and the color is perfect (NW20), the coverage is medium but natural (I use a brush to apply), it does not settle into lines and it lasts longer than any powder foundation I have ever tried, and I must have tried 30 at least. I only need to blot once a day - practically a miracle.
I will continue to buy this - making it one of only 5 or so powder foundations that I have ever repurchased.

I'm going back to cleaner products, so I would not purchase this again, but it's a fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Chanel Double Perfection Compact is a charm. I did not have to keep re-applying this powder compact. You only need a small amount to set your makeup and not look overdone. Even though the powder compact is in a matte format, it does not look to thick or too matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful finish and lasts all day. I apply sunblock, then dust this over my face using an ecotools powder brush. It's wonderful, no caking, great color match and gives decent coverage for uneven spots on my face. When I don't want to wear heavy foundation but still want to look "flawless" I use this and it lasts from 7 AM until I get home around 5 or 6. Haven't had to use it in humid weather yet. Price isn't that great but as a woman of color I don't have many options for high quality makeup lines that perfectly match my skin tone and also perform to my expectations for my skin type, so it is what it is. This replaced my Bobbi Brown powder, as it looked beautiful at first but would later oxidize and melt off through the day because I don't think it was intended to be long wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have never been more disappointed in a Chanel product than I was when I started to use the Chanel Double Perfection Compact. I must admit that I am very fair, I normally wear 10 Beige but the lightest shade of this product is 20 Clair. I really do not see why they do not have this foundation in more shades. Apart from this, I also have to mention that in my opinion, this product is neither good as a powder, nor as a foundation. On its own, it's not enough for the day and it is impossible to build makeup on it. On top of the foundation it is too much.
The packaging and the box is beautiful though, its mirror is the great Chanel quality, so I will just keep having it in my purse for applying my lipstick in the office. But I so regret buying this product and it was quite expensive. Although I received both a sponge and a brush with the product and with using the brush, it is appropriate for minor touch ups on the nose during the day. But if I used it all over on my face, I would just look ridiculous.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Iroman

is this really a powder-foundation?

or only a touch up powder?

I bought in on ioffer.com in 17.00 !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

Expensive, but has lasted me over 4 months with heavy, daily use. covers all my acne and scars but still leaves me looking fresh, luminous and natural. Doesn't break me out either. The only thing that sucks about this product is the price, but it pays for itself after you start wearing it and feel more confident because you look so sexy!