July 29, 2014 | 2040 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a usual in my beauty routine. It's always moisturized my skin and I like the smell. My problem with this moisturizer is I don't see a reduction in redness, not only that but lately I've been drier than usual (a result of using the Clarisonic Mia 2 too often) and this is just not cutting it. I would repurchase it unless I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

I bought this product out of necessity while on vacation; I had run out of my travel-sized version of the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer (which I've used for years) and had to buy a new moisturizer -- this was the one of the few choices available in the closest drugstore so I went with it. And I'm glad I did! Generally, I've found it absorbs better than the Dramatically Different gel and it calms my sensitive skin. My skin is also on the dry side, and I find it leaves it soft and velvety hours after putting it on. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product, but it's a great, everyday staple and works well as a base for foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in my glossybox, but I can't remember which month. It's an ok product. I love the fact that it is SPF 30, and that it is not irritating to the skin. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave a white mask like some other products with SPF (some Paula's choice product do that :*( ) and I also like that it lasted me a while... almost 9 months I think! However, sometimes I feel like it's not moisturizing enough, and I get some dry patch on my skin through the day. It's not unusual because I do have a really dry and sensitive skin, but this was not happening with my La Roche-Posay Moisturizer.

I will not repurchase just because I'm still searching for my HG, but if I'm in a hurry in vacations or something I'll probably purchase this one, because I know it works well and it's easy to find. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Poppyscott30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have acne prone skin, hormonal acne for the most part. This product would be great for a person that doesn't have any issues with their skin. I was surprised at how badly this blocked my pores and didn't moisturize my skin at all...I love Aveeno products but this is a bust. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PARTICULAR PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE/ DRY SKIN! The product states that it brightens the skin, not true in my case. It does have pretty packaging but who cares about packaging when what you want is a product that works :) Back to cetaphil! WARNING!!! if you have black heads...be ready to see those suckers multiply using this product! Aveeno, please reformulate this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jillrp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just picked up this moisturizer 2 weeks ago after becoming disenchanted with my Clinique moisturizer that I've used for over a year. My skin was always breaking out and red and splotchy. I had had it. So far I love this stuff. It has SPF, which is great, as well as being suited for those, like me, who have sensitive, over-worked skin. I've been adjusting my whole skin care regimen to combat the bad acne I've been experiencing over the past few months and this moisturizer has really made a noticeable difference in a few weeks. My skin is brighter, smoother, and less irritated. My acne hasn't stopped but it doesn't seem as bad. My one complaint is that it makes my eyes a little itchy when it gets too close. But that doesn't last long. It seems a little oily when first applied but dries down very nicely. I've even noticed my skin is less oily throughout the day! Would highly recommend if you need to take a break from harsh skin products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by aatus

I have used Aveeno moisturizers on my extremely acne-prone, sensitive, and sometimes dry skin (awesome combination - I know. We have fun.) for about 5 years now. In years prior, I have loved it to death and it worked flawlessly with my skin. Never broke me out, stayed moisturized, didn't get oily, makeup worked great over it. Holy grail. But lately my skin is changing and I'm finding this moisturizer is not doing it for me. Even when I put on 2 or 3 or 4 pumps of it, my skin still has dry areas. WHAT?! HOW?! I don't know how this is even possible. I've recently switched to Alba Botanicals Acne Dote... we will see how that goes -- I haven't given up on Aveeno completely. I am sure I will find a way to keep it in my regimen, but for now, Aveeno's getting tucked away in the back of my medicine cabinet. It's kind of expensive (4oz. for 18$) but it is worth the money in my opinion. Even though we aren't getting along, I would still recommend this to anybody. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent moisturizer and its SPF 15 so that's a definite plus. It's light and has a pleasant scent. It goes on really well. You don't have to use a whole lot as it spreads really well. For the price, $14, I would expect a little better. I think the pros outweigh the cons but I have one issue with this product. It doesn't seem to moisturize well enough. Once it sinks into my skin, it's just not moisturized enough. I have to apply my make up almost immediately or my skin will look flaky with powder. Ido like to mix it with liquid foundation. Works great like that. The packaging is definitely the biggest issue I have with this product. I've been purchasing this for years and its been inconsistent and sometimes faulty. When the product gets low enough( not even close to empty) it will not pump out anymore. Very annoying. I've had pumps that didn't work at all. The sides cave in and it's a very awkward shaped bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

I bought this because Aveeno gives off an image of a very natural, very calming product. Unfortunately, this didn't do ANYTHING for my skin. It didn't moisturize, it definitely didn't take away any redness, and it gave me more blackheads. Sucks, because it really seems like such a great product for me. :( I even threw it away, and bought it again a couple of weeks later because I wanted it to work so much. Eh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

OILY SKIN CAUSE! Ugh, I can't confidently put this moisturizer on, without my T zone drenched in oil. It's disgusting, I know. This is my second time getting this and I'm horrible at seeing what products do what to my face because I put a lot on. But I noticed that no matter what, this moisturizer triggers oils. Baaaad. I like the fact that it "calms" which is the reason I bought it in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by hmagoun7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my go-to SPF moisturizer ever since my friend let me try some of hers in Cape Cod last summer. The smell is lovely, not too sunscreen-y like some others are. It does not leave my face oily - I usually use one pump onto my fingertips before putting it on. A few minutes later my face is baby soft and protected from the sun. Yes it's expensive for a smallish dispenser but I will repurchase when I run out because to me, the positives outweigh the negative price.