Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 11/25/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year and have no complaints. It is very difficult to find a moisturizer that is nonirritating for my sensitive skin. This is also great since I am also experiencing pinkness in the cheek and around the nose. This is very good- not to heavy, nonirritating and yet moisturizing with SPF!

UPDATE: Ultimately gave up this moisturizer as it wasn't hydrating enough, then I discovered that it has a 0--the very worst --rating on the Goodguide site. I refuse to knowing use anything on my face with such a low rating. Note, the ultra calming cleanser also has a 0 rating! But more importantly, after I stop using the ulta calming products and gave my skin a week to clear up it was less red!!! So it turns out that the products I thought were helping me with my redness were in fact contributing to it.

on 11/22/2013 5:01:00 PM

I have red cheeks that i am getting fed up of, it is only on my cheeks and can vary over the day. A lot of things trigger it so it was getting very irritating and being young i didnt want this to develop anymore as it was killing my confidence and self esteem. Ive been looking everywhere and i cant find anyone explaining the same as mine, it is not too bad but it really affects me. I was searching all over the internet for something to help and found this, i was willing to try anything. it was expensive and i ordered it from america so it took ages to come. After a few days of no results i stupidly put it on 4 times in one day to 'try and make it work faster' BIG MISTAKE my skin went red raw and dry and porey, but it cooled down after a week. Still using it every night but not seeing any difference, very disappointed after the price and i was really hoping for this to work.

on 10/22/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What drew me to this product: Ultra-Calming. Just hearing that makes me smile. My skin is mildly oily, but very sensitive. I have had a lot of problems finding the right moisturizers because the ones I would try would make me red, itchy, or break me out. Queue the-best-thing-that-happened-to-me music.

The use:
This moisturizer has a pale color to it. It smells a lot like sunscreen (well, duh) and goes on smoothly. It feels slightly heavy, but not really "heavy"; about the same as if you were wearing sunscreen: to let you know it's protecting you! This product was the first moisturizer that worked for me. Not only did it not break me out, but it helped level out my skin sensitivity issues. I wore this moisturizer for years, and was willing to swear on it! I felt like it really improved my skin, and helped with my acne and redness.

The pros:
SPF 15! (I do have one of the SPF 30 ones, before it was discontinued :[)
It smells nice.
It helps "relax" sensitive skin.
It did not break me out, or cause any problems.

The cons:
The SPF is a little too noticeable in this product, but that's alright.
The price is not as nice as some moisturizers. (14-16$)

Overall: I used this, happily, for years. Nowadays, I have branched out my attempts to find another good moisturizer. It's not that I don't like this one anymore. I just would like to find the same kind of moisturizer, but with some acne-fighting qualities as well, for a lower price.

on 9/23/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this Moisturizer! It totally saved my skin this past weekend when I had a bad reaction to another product.. Luckly I didnt buy it someone gave it to me.. It is pricey yes.. For me so worth it since my skin is sensitive and this calms it.. Will most definately repurchase once i run out!

I got this on sale for 10 bucks in superstore, normally cost 20.00. it is thick and greasy, and does not make my skin soft. i like that it has 30 spf but it makes your face greasy. the price is terrible because it is a very small bottle (73ml) for 20.00. It is also no good under makeup and had no effect on calming my skin.

on 9/18/2013 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is a usual in my beauty routine. It's always moisturized my skin and I like the smell. My problem with this moisturizer is I don't see a reduction in redness, not only that but lately I've been drier than usual (a result of using the Clarisonic Mia 2 too often) and this is just not cutting it. I would repurchase it unless I find something better.

on 8/22/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product out of necessity while on vacation; I had run out of my travel-sized version of the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer (which I've used for years) and had to buy a new moisturizer -- this was the one of the few choices available in the closest drugstore so I went with it. And I'm glad I did! Generally, I've found it absorbs better than the Dramatically Different gel and it calms my sensitive skin. My skin is also on the dry side, and I find it leaves it soft and velvety hours after putting it on. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product, but it's a great, everyday staple and works well as a base for foundation.

on 8/7/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in my glossybox, but I can't remember which month. It's an ok product. I love the fact that it is SPF 30, and that it is not irritating to the skin. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave a white mask like some other products with SPF (some Paula's choice product do that :*( ) and I also like that it lasted me a while... almost 9 months I think! However, sometimes I feel like it's not moisturizing enough, and I get some dry patch on my skin through the day. It's not unusual because I do have a really dry and sensitive skin, but this was not happening with my La Roche-Posay Moisturizer.

I will not repurchase just because I'm still searching for my HG, but if I'm in a hurry in vacations or something I'll probably purchase this one, because I know it works well and it's easy to find. :-)

on 8/5/2013 12:57:00 PM

I have acne prone skin, hormonal acne for the most part. This product would be great for a person that doesn't have any issues with their skin. I was surprised at how badly this blocked my pores and didn't moisturize my skin at all...I love Aveeno products but this is a bust. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PARTICULAR PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE/ DRY SKIN! The product states that it brightens the skin, not true in my case. It does have pretty packaging but who cares about packaging when what you want is a product that works :) Back to cetaphil! WARNING!!! if you have black heads...be ready to see those suckers multiply using this product! Aveeno, please reformulate this product!

on 7/21/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I just picked up this moisturizer 2 weeks ago after becoming disenchanted with my Clinique moisturizer that I've used for over a year. My skin was always breaking out and red and splotchy. I had had it. So far I love this stuff. It has SPF, which is great, as well as being suited for those, like me, who have sensitive, over-worked skin. I've been adjusting my whole skin care regimen to combat the bad acne I've been experiencing over the past few months and this moisturizer has really made a noticeable difference in a few weeks. My skin is brighter, smoother, and less irritated. My acne hasn't stopped but it doesn't seem as bad. My one complaint is that it makes my eyes a little itchy when it gets too close. But that doesn't last long. It seems a little oily when first applied but dries down very nicely. I've even noticed my skin is less oily throughout the day! Would highly recommend if you need to take a break from harsh skin products.