April 20, 2014 | 1500 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jillrp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just picked up this moisturizer 2 weeks ago after becoming disenchanted with my Clinique moisturizer that I've used for over a year. My skin was always breaking out and red and splotchy. I had had it. So far I love this stuff. It has SPF, which is great, as well as being suited for those, like me, who have sensitive, over-worked skin. I've been adjusting my whole skin care regimen to combat the bad acne I've been experiencing over the past few months and this moisturizer has really made a noticeable difference in a few weeks. My skin is brighter, smoother, and less irritated. My acne hasn't stopped but it doesn't seem as bad. My one complaint is that it makes my eyes a little itchy when it gets too close. But that doesn't last long. It seems a little oily when first applied but dries down very nicely. I've even noticed my skin is less oily throughout the day! Would highly recommend if you need to take a break from harsh skin products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by aatus

I have used Aveeno moisturizers on my extremely acne-prone, sensitive, and sometimes dry skin (awesome combination - I know. We have fun.) for about 5 years now. In years prior, I have loved it to death and it worked flawlessly with my skin. Never broke me out, stayed moisturized, didn't get oily, makeup worked great over it. Holy grail. But lately my skin is changing and I'm finding this moisturizer is not doing it for me. Even when I put on 2 or 3 or 4 pumps of it, my skin still has dry areas. WHAT?! HOW?! I don't know how this is even possible. I've recently switched to Alba Botanicals Acne Dote... we will see how that goes -- I haven't given up on Aveeno completely. I am sure I will find a way to keep it in my regimen, but for now, Aveeno's getting tucked away in the back of my medicine cabinet. It's kind of expensive (4oz. for 18$) but it is worth the money in my opinion. Even though we aren't getting along, I would still recommend this to anybody. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent moisturizer and its SPF 15 so that's a definite plus. It's light and has a pleasant scent. It goes on really well. You don't have to use a whole lot as it spreads really well. For the price, $14, I would expect a little better. I think the pros outweigh the cons but I have one issue with this product. It doesn't seem to moisturize well enough. Once it sinks into my skin, it's just not moisturized enough. I have to apply my make up almost immediately or my skin will look flaky with powder. Ido like to mix it with liquid foundation. Works great like that. The packaging is definitely the biggest issue I have with this product. I've been purchasing this for years and its been inconsistent and sometimes faulty. When the product gets low enough( not even close to empty) it will not pump out anymore. Very annoying. I've had pumps that didn't work at all. The sides cave in and it's a very awkward shaped bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

I bought this because Aveeno gives off an image of a very natural, very calming product. Unfortunately, this didn't do ANYTHING for my skin. It didn't moisturize, it definitely didn't take away any redness, and it gave me more blackheads. Sucks, because it really seems like such a great product for me. :( I even threw it away, and bought it again a couple of weeks later because I wanted it to work so much. Eh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

OILY SKIN CAUSE! Ugh, I can't confidently put this moisturizer on, without my T zone drenched in oil. It's disgusting, I know. This is my second time getting this and I'm horrible at seeing what products do what to my face because I put a lot on. But I noticed that no matter what, this moisturizer triggers oils. Baaaad. I like the fact that it "calms" which is the reason I bought it in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by hmagoun7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my go-to SPF moisturizer ever since my friend let me try some of hers in Cape Cod last summer. The smell is lovely, not too sunscreen-y like some others are. It does not leave my face oily - I usually use one pump onto my fingertips before putting it on. A few minutes later my face is baby soft and protected from the sun. Yes it's expensive for a smallish dispenser but I will repurchase when I run out because to me, the positives outweigh the negative price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before I bought this, I was using a sunscreen that made me red and shiny. I had to use oil-blotting sheets before I put on makeup, it was that bad. Of course I didn't like this, so most of the time I just skipped sunscreen. So I knew I had to get something different. I came across a recommendation for the Aveeno product in a book by a dermatologist; I figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt. I have been really pleased -- my skin is not red or shiny after I put this on. However -- I wish it had a higher SPF. I will probably have to find something new for summer. And the packaging is a little weird -- I think the hose for the pump is too short, because I can't get anything out of the pump anymore but there is a ton left in there. I will buy this again, for winter, but it's not the HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

I love this moisturizer. My skin is so dry from the winter and wearing makeup. It is a little pricey but it's definately worth it plus a little goes a long way. This makes my skin so soft and the smell is nice and doesn't give me a headache since I am sensitive to different smells. I will definately buy this again but for as little as I use at a time it will be awhile before I have to restock.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by rosepolymath

I used to have the Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer, which I really liked but for some reason when I ran out, I bought some Neutrogena moisturizer instead (was not a huge fan). I recently bought the Ultra Calming version and I love it. I have pretty sensitive skin that is prone to redness when I apply lotion, but I don't get any redness when I apply this product. It is extremely smooth, lovely texture, and does have a bit of a fragrance but my skin is apparently not sensitive to that. As others have said, it is pretty pricey (~$15 US) but a little goes a long way-- the last 4 oz. bottle I had lasted me for months upon months. If you have sensitive skin that tends to look greasy or red after applying other moisturizers, I'd give this one a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mositurizer is Amazing! I have been looking over a year for a good moisturizer that won't break me out and moisturize my very dry skin. My skin is VERY sensitive and I can't use just anything. I've been using this for a few days now and it has worked wonders on my face! The first time I applied this it was very light and silky. I woke the next morning and was surprised how soft, smooth and bright my skin looked. I also use the Ultra calming facial cloths which really make my skin soft and it cleanses very well. This is a bit pricey, but you don't need alot at all. I don't even use a pea size amount, it's that moisturizing, and I have VERY dry skin. I will definitely keep using this and will post an update in a week or two :-)

Update! I have been using this moisturizer along with the ultra calming face wipes by Aveeno as well, my skin has never looked or felt better! It was cleared my skin if the tiny red bumps on my forehead and keeps my skin moisturized! My boyfriend comments on how soft my skin is :-) I will definitely keep purchasing this!!