LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 3/1/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not the best cuticle cream I've used.
It smells really lovely but it has a weird texture, a slightly stiff and grainy texture though it seems to smooth out and melt into skin when applied so it's not terrible by any stretch, it's just...odd.
And OK, so it's expensive but the tub is HUGE and there is no way I can use it all before it expires so I really don't see the point - it's not great value if you end up wasting it, regardless of the volume for price.
And, it really doesn't seem to moisturize that well on me, I still have dry, flaky cuticles even if I apply this twice a day so the moisture level seems to be superficial at best and doesn't appear to penetrate beneath the top couple of layers of skin. I've had better results using pure jojoba oil which seems to absorb better (but is way oilier, obviously and doesn't smell as delicious) but YMMV.
This just doesn't work for me, sadly. I can see why a lot of folks like it and if you want to split a tub with friends then yeah, absolutely go for it but I'll use my regular shea butter lotion in the meantime.

on 1/25/2014 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Been using for a few weeks. Vote is still out on use for cuticles. However, I saw immediate difference on heels! Nothing. Ever. Works. On my crusty heels! This was a first! I also have dry eyelids. I've been using it there as well, and while I still see some fine bumps, my eyelids remain moist all day, which is also a first. Will update in a couple months, especially on cuticles. Right now they're great as long as I use this cream daily. The minute I miss a day, the peeling returns. I guess this is normal, but I was hoping to not have to add another thing to my "daily" routine, especially at $16.95 USD a pot. However a little goes a long way. I would hardly have made a dent in it if it wasn't for my crusty heels. I like the pot as it is easy to open. I don't do well with tins like the ones Bert's Bees comes in. Other than cost- downside is expiration date - ~ 1 year, ease of melting (I would not recommend traveling or putting this in your purse), and smell (Lemon pinesol smell- not bad but not good, but goes away after a few minutes). Overall I recommend, especially for crusty heels!!

on 1/20/2014 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this cuticle butter. The skin on my hands and cuticles is very dry, and this was perfect! The only thing is the problem I have with most Lush products- I worry about contamination in tubs like that so I remove a small amount of cream with a cotton swab.

on 1/18/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Wow, this is heavy duty cuticle cream! I don't see myself using this during the day since it is quite oily and....fragrant. Some say they hate the scent, but I like the herbal lemon fragrance. I bought cotton gloves especially to use with this cream at night. Thick creamy texture that melts onto my skin. Perfect for those of us with dry peeling nails. As always check the expiration dates on Lush's products. Mine is good for one year after date of purchase. Make sure that you are not getting a product that is too close to an expiration date.

on 1/17/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the best cuticle product that I've ever used. I will never go back to using messy oils again.

Very little goes a long way with this stuff. Even the tiniest dab will often be too much product. It is easy to rub into the cuticles and sinks in very quickly. The moisture lasts a very long time. I only have to apply this stuff twice a day for beautiful, moisturized cuticles. If it's really dry out, I'll apply it more, but the moisture lasts a long time, even through washing hands. Like the name suggests, it smells very heavily of lemon.

I also like to use this on very dry spots on my body. Because the butter is so thick, it penetrates the dry spots easily and relieves some of the pain.

What I don't like about this product is that I can't take it with me! Bringing around a giant pot is really inconvenient and not practical. To take this with me, what I did was take an empty LUSH Honey Trap lip balm container, and filled that with the Lemony Flutter. It's really easy to carry around like that! I think LUSH should sell a version like that in their stores. I love the product and I wish that I could bring it everywhere. Now I can!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is great for using on my nails before and after I paint them. It smells like a lemony cocktail and has a really thick consistently which is great but unlike other thick creams it doesn't just sit on my skin it actually sinks in. I also use this on my elbows as I have a weird skin condition (where I have goose bumps constantly that get really dry and sort of crack). It's great but really expensive for what it is to be honest.

on 12/26/2013 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

First of all I love lush all together but this is the product that influenced my love for lush. I really really like this product I use it on my cuticles, dry skin and on the ends of my hair to prevent split ends in my opinion it is the best product in lush so I would 100% recommend this product to anyone .

on 10/12/2013 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I work at a supermarket where the air is very dry. This in combination with the work itself being a strain for the skin on my hands (especially the cuticles) is not ideal for wanting soft skin. I went to the LUSH-store and explained my problem and this is what the lady recommended. I worked wonders for my hands. It also works great for other dry spots such as elbows and feet (especially heels and ball of the foot).

It appears to be absorbing in turtle speed, but when I touch my hands I find most of it to just be a shine from the oils in the product, and my skin is as soft as a baby bottom.

I have used this about once a day for about a week and has just begun to scratch the surface, so this is going to last a long time and has already proved to be a good value for the money spent.

Since it can be slow-absorbing I usually apply this before going to bed, and wake up with the softest hands and feet I have ever had.

on 10/2/2013 11:18:00 AM

After reading the reviews, I had to try this for myself and I've been using it for a couple of weeks.

My job requires a lot of hand washing and I tend to use some form of cuticle and hand treatment each time but a major issue is that most cuticle treatments leave a greasy residue over paperwork. But I was pleasantly surprised that Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter did not. It soaks in very quickly.

I don't find the faux Lemon Pledge furniture polish smell too bad - I've had worse on my cuticles.

My cuticles are definitely less dry and it's the bomb on dry skin on my feet and elbows too.

It will never take the place of my nighttime regime of Mavala's Cuticle Cream or Lansinoh but I'll definitely continue to use the Lemony Flutter during the day.

Initially, I though the price was a little steep but given it's 1.5 oz and how little you need, this is going to last a long time.

I'll definitely buy it again.

on 9/17/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This stuff is fantastic. It's wonderfully thick, moisturising and smells good. The packaging is not bad - a tube with a small nib (like L'Occitane's cuticle cream) would also be nice but this isn't messy, unlike creams or oils that you have to brush on.

However, it is a bit on the greasy side and can take a while to absorb. I wear cotton gloves after I put Lemony Flutter on and it helps immensely with the absorption.

Video Reviews & Tutorials