Essence of Beauty Crease

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/15/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

These were some of my first makeup brushes and now that I have acquired a large variety, I still use these on a daily basis. I absolutely love love love this brushes and recommend them, even if you're a high-end brush user.

The smaller brush I use to smudge my lower lashline color and sometimes will also use to smudge my upper lashline color. Sometimes I even use it to back on the color on the lower half of my lid when I do a smokey eye. I use the bigger brush to concentrate darker colors right in my crease (which I then blend with a Sigma SS217). I would definitely repurchase these, especially since they kind of remind me of the bobbi brown brushes. If I ever lost them, no doubt I would immediately repurchase. I think you can find them at CVS but am unsure if you can find them elsewhere.

on 4/6/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works really well- does the job!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I thought these were eh. They are a bit scratchy and it sheds, especially during the first 2 weeks. They still shed once in awhile.

The smaller crease brush is really good for a super defined look and the bigger one is for a softer look and they both do a pretty good job on that.

I'm going to use these until I find something softer and hopefully as good.

on 3/9/2011 11:45:00 AM

I love theses brushes...I think I use them everyday! Excellent for your outter V! You cannot beat the price..I think I paid less than 5.00 for both.

on 2/19/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's too small to use in the crease. (Unless you're going for the cut crease look.)

Really soft brush. Best for smuging shadow on the lash line and high light in the inner corner.

on 2/16/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE these little brushes. They are the best crease brushes that I've ever found. I've had them for almost a year and clean them regularly and they are still in great shape. Such an awesome brush for so cheap!

I must've gotten a bad brush, because I hate this brush!!!

I got it in a pack that also had a dual-ended foundation/concealer brush, dual-ended blush/contour brush, and dual-ended blender brushes.

This sucker was so rough and scratchy, no matter how often I washed it. I tried it on my eyelids, I tried it under my eyes to blend out concealer or apply something like Benefit's Powderflage. No matter where I used it, it hurt! If I was able to stand the scratchiness long enough to get something blended, my eye area still hurt and was sore once I finished blending. This is an all-over horrible brush. :(

on 1/27/2011 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have had these brushes for more than 3 years and I love them. they are still firm and strong like when I first bought them. I use them for the outer V and to blend eye liner. Def a great buy and so cheap!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love these brushes and get pretty good results with them for the price and so far I can't find anything else as good!

on 1/22/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I'm always for getting the most price-efficient brushes possible (my love of my EcoTools angled liner brush is proof!) I would say that with these brushes, you get what you pay for. I've owned these for over a year, and the brush handle has fallen apart. It's nothing that a hot glue gun can't fix, but it's still disappointing when a product falls apart like this.

However, these are still a great first investment for beginners. They serve their function reasonably well, and between the two sizes, you can probably get your application and blending needs met. The design is also manageable, even if the brush quality and shape isn't *quite* top of the line.

brush when it's intact