April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is CRAP!!! I usually wear MAC StudioFix, which looks a lot nicer and covers more than this overpriced, chalky waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover FX specializes in products for people with problematic skin - and I have acne prone skin. I needed a powder that not only had good coverage and good oil control, but I also needed it to not break me out. This powder did all of these things.

I am shade NC25-30 in MAC, and I was matched to M40 in this powder. The compact is very light and comes with a puff, but it's really cheap and useless. After foundation, I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in a rolling motion all over my skin, and it gives extra coverage and oil control while setting the foundation. Even though I have sensitive, acne prone, dry combination skin, this powder didn't dry out my skin or irritate it. My only gripe with this is that I can't use this powder foundation by itself because it doesn't adhere to my skin well and therefore doesn't give much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by shanatock

When I first bought it I was so excited. The lady at Sephora matched me wrongly. Its way too dark as she matched me under a yellow light. LADIES make sure to go outside into the natural sun, if its at night, take a photo with flash. Don't be in haste to get it. It is not Cheap!

Back to product. I loved that it is not powdery looking. it gave me a very nice coverage almost full but without the powder looking. But it broked me out and gave me two cystic pimples. I double cleanse my face with an oil cleanser and a milk cleanser and religiously use my skincare often. So I know my break out is from that powder..

If I were in a rush I would probably use that but since the color match is wrong, the powder is just lying on my dresser. I used the sponge that comes with it. I won't buy it again coz of the price and it broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer powder foundation over liquid foundation but I need something full coverage. I tried this because I hated the Cover FX Cream foundation. First of all, I think these colors run so oddly. The E40 made me look like a ghost(& I'm very pale skinned) & I was then given the E50 which is completely too dark for me. I found this to offer no coverage at all for my scaring. My scars literally were seen right through the foundation & that's after continuing to apply to try to build coverage. This all around is just a complete disappointment for me. I may try to set my Cover FX Natural FX with it & see how that works but I don't even want to being that the color is noticeably darker on me(yes I was matched at Sephora..TWICE). That's 2 foundations from this line I am completely not pleased with. Hopefully the Natural FX works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by SayItLoud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is more of a draft than a real review. I needed something to do to keep busy.

Anyway, I'm on my second of these. It's a good product that does what it's supposed to do. It's a powder foundation that pretty much covers everything. It might look a little flat at first but after a few minutes it looks a little bit more skin-ish. And no irritation or breakouts. The spf is pretty low, but I'm glad that it's there. If you wear a sheer liquid or cream foundation, this product is a good topper for extra coverage.

Okay, that's about it for now. This might even stay as is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this powder foundation when it first appeared on the market here in Canada quite a few years ago now. I was fortunate enough to be matched by someone who'd been trained by Cover/FX and so I got a perfect match (there are fewer colour choices in this formulation than in their very heavy 2-step cream foundation). I was instantly in love with this - it made my pores vanish, covered my under-eye circles fairly well and felt like NOTHING on my face and looked like I was simply blessed with near-perfect skin. Other products have won my heart since then (both powder and liquid foundations) but I still keep this beauty on hand because it is such an excellent product. The sponge it comes with is effective enough but it falls apart (the top come apart from the "business end" - far better to include a sponge without a "topping" - just a 2-sided sponge), and the compact doesn't have a separate compartment for the sponge - unless they've changed this in recent years - instructions say to keep the clear plastic disc to separate the product from the sponge, which is just stupid - a compact like they have for the heavier foundation or like MAC has for Studio Fix would be a lot more practical. But this is a great "foundation" if you don't need heavy coverage and if, like me, you hate the feeling of a heavy product on your face. When I purchased mine, it didn't contain SPF but I think the newer version does, which makes this just about perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the M60 and I've definitely been matched wrongly by the Sephora SA as this is too beige, pink and orange on my yellow-olive skin. Even if the color is not a match, the formula is very thick and cakey and will accentuate every dry patch or wrinkle when applied with the cheap, foam sponge, esp. around the eye area so it's probably best to use a brush although you won't get the same coverage as with the sponge. The packaging is very cheap and light. I have been using a brush now that I hit pan. If you're looking for something to cover up, this does it well. I wore this today to make sure it wasn't my color for about 6 hours at night. I used an oil-based MU remover + a soap cleanser and I could not remove all traces of it so this is has some heavy-duty staying power that's great for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by tcgGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best face powder I have used! I am on my 5th pan... It's just fantastic. It has great coverage, without looking the least bit mask-y. Great staying power. It can be applied with a brush for a more sheer, daytime application or with the puff it comes with for very high coverage... (I usually set my powder with a light mist of facial toner or thermal water)... I use both M60 and M80 shades, depending on the season and whether or not I have a subtle tan. I LOVE THIS PRESSED POWDER!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't say enough good things about this powder!!

It covers extremely well without appearing heavy or caky. I have very acne prone skin and since switching to this powder I have not had a bad break out once!

This is definitely my HG foundation!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of powder foundations at heart, but I have to set this one aside as a notch above the others I have tried. I have used and liked Studio Fix, Clinique Almost Powder, and Physicians Formula talc-free powder makeup, but this is significantly better than all three.

I am NC10-15, very pale with yellowish undertones but with some surface ruddiness, and sensitive skin that's combination in the summer. I don't have a lot to cover up most days but I do need some coverage- tinted moisturizer isn't enough for me most days to cover my redness, pores, and slight melasma patches (left over from taking Yasmin-watch out for these if you're taking it).

The texture of this powder is more similar to Clinique's than Studio Fix. It provides the pigmented coverage that Clinique gave me, and is also powdery like Clinique when it first goes on. I use a small powder brush to apply it in small buffing motions, but I have also found that even using a sponge when I am in a hurry works well too, surprisingly. The powdery finish, oddly enough, settles in a few minutes and then starts to look much more natural and skin-like. Using this also made me realize not only how powdery Clinique stayed, but how chalky Studio Fix was on me too. I had the right shade of SF but it applied a little masklike and seemed to reflect light oddly, making my face look a little pasty, and it would gum up around my nose sometimes. This has never done that! I like that my brush picks up just enough powder to sweep across my problem areas and dab where needed. I just dip my brush in the pan and sweep very lightly across, and this is enough for one cheek. Unlike Physician's Formula, it never picks up too much and doesn't make a swirly mess.

It seems to be lasting long in the pan, and on my face too. It lasts as well as the PF did too, and longer than Studio Fix ever did. It seems to stay fresh for as long as I have it on, but it does need a primer. Without a primer, it doesn't look bad at all, but after a few hours during the summer it fades. But it still doesn't look gross, which is a plus. And my T-zone can be pretty oily, especially during my TOTM, and with a primer this lasted beautifully all day.

Now, let's talk about colors. I was matched at Sephora to E20- peaches and cream. Being one of the palest people I know, and usually the lightest shade in ANY makeup line, if not too pale for all the shades, I would have thought I needed E0, but it turned out the Sephora SA was totally right. E20 works beautifully with my skin- just right in shade and the undertones are completely neutral, so it accommodates my yellow undertones while still covering my redness, but at the same time I don't look sallow either. Truly neutral, which to me means it would work for many different undertones. All the shades marked with E are like this. I'm not familiar with the other colors as much but from what I saw they also have shades that skew more yellow or more pink depending on your skintone. And a wide range of colors too! But I would recommend getting matched, as I did. If I hadn't, I know I would have bought E0 and ended up looking pasty!

This is great for sensitive skin, by the way. My skin is incredibly sensitive (I couldn't wear Bare Minerals, for example, and I can't use retinol, or any chemical sunscreens, bleh) but this has never irritated it. In fact, it seems to soothe it a little bit. And while I think SF was breaking me out a bit, once I started using this most of my (minor) chin breakouts cleared up.

So, it's HG for me. It's a little pricey but it seems well-worth it if you're looking for a good, non-irritating compact powder foundation in a natural shade with very good coverage and staying power. An extra bonus- according to the website, it has SPF 10. So you get a little sun protection too! Love <3

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No