July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I kinda hate this stuff. I really wanted to try Cover Fx after hearing great reviews and I thought the powder formula would work well w/ my acne-prone oily ass skin. I tried using this w/ and w/o primer and w/ and w/o setting powder and can't get this work for me. My skin still gets super greasy and when this mixes w/ grease it looks soooo awful, like plasticky, cakey, and slimey at the same. It looks ok after I blot, but I can't be constantly checking and blotting. It's not cheap, so I am still trying to use it once in a while. One good thing is that I have not noticed it aggrevating my acne, but this is definitely NOT meant for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

I bought the natural fx first and thought it was amazing, but I didnt want to put a liquid foundation on everyday, so the sales lady at the drugstore recomended this one for everyday wear. The first month I thought it was fantasic (apart from it being a little lighter than my skin, but that was my fault for not trying it before i bought it). But after a month it started to look flaky and started to look kind of grey. Upon closer examination I noticed it made my pores look HUUGGEE and made acne really stand out! It sucks because I thought I had found the perfect foundation for my skin but turns out I'm still on the hunt. I was thinking about purchasing the creme cover fx but after the dissapointment of this product I don't think I will be :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best coverage powder!
- Unbeatable coverage
- Fine powder/blendable
- Great staying power
- Great for Asian skin tones
- Expensive (but worth it)
- Under-rated
- Covers without drying or flaking
- Not oily
- Skin can still breathe

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is CRAP!!! I usually wear MAC StudioFix, which looks a lot nicer and covers more than this overpriced, chalky waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover FX specializes in products for people with problematic skin - and I have acne prone skin. I needed a powder that not only had good coverage and good oil control, but I also needed it to not break me out. This powder did all of these things.

I am shade NC25-30 in MAC, and I was matched to M40 in this powder. The compact is very light and comes with a puff, but it's really cheap and useless. After foundation, I apply this powder with a kabuki brush in a rolling motion all over my skin, and it gives extra coverage and oil control while setting the foundation. Even though I have sensitive, acne prone, dry combination skin, this powder didn't dry out my skin or irritate it. My only gripe with this is that I can't use this powder foundation by itself because it doesn't adhere to my skin well and therefore doesn't give much coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by shanatock

When I first bought it I was so excited. The lady at Sephora matched me wrongly. Its way too dark as she matched me under a yellow light. LADIES make sure to go outside into the natural sun, if its at night, take a photo with flash. Don't be in haste to get it. It is not Cheap!

Back to product. I loved that it is not powdery looking. it gave me a very nice coverage almost full but without the powder looking. But it broked me out and gave me two cystic pimples. I double cleanse my face with an oil cleanser and a milk cleanser and religiously use my skincare often. So I know my break out is from that powder..

If I were in a rush I would probably use that but since the color match is wrong, the powder is just lying on my dresser. I used the sponge that comes with it. I won't buy it again coz of the price and it broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I prefer powder foundation over liquid foundation but I need something full coverage. I tried this because I hated the Cover FX Cream foundation. First of all, I think these colors run so oddly. The E40 made me look like a ghost(& I'm very pale skinned) & I was then given the E50 which is completely too dark for me. I found this to offer no coverage at all for my scaring. My scars literally were seen right through the foundation & that's after continuing to apply to try to build coverage. This all around is just a complete disappointment for me. I may try to set my Cover FX Natural FX with it & see how that works but I don't even want to being that the color is noticeably darker on me(yes I was matched at Sephora..TWICE). That's 2 foundations from this line I am completely not pleased with. Hopefully the Natural FX works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by SayItLoud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is more of a draft than a real review. I needed something to do to keep busy.

Anyway, I'm on my second of these. It's a good product that does what it's supposed to do. It's a powder foundation that pretty much covers everything. It might look a little flat at first but after a few minutes it looks a little bit more skin-ish. And no irritation or breakouts. The spf is pretty low, but I'm glad that it's there. If you wear a sheer liquid or cream foundation, this product is a good topper for extra coverage.

Okay, that's about it for now. This might even stay as is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this powder foundation when it first appeared on the market here in Canada quite a few years ago now. I was fortunate enough to be matched by someone who'd been trained by Cover/FX and so I got a perfect match (there are fewer colour choices in this formulation than in their very heavy 2-step cream foundation). I was instantly in love with this - it made my pores vanish, covered my under-eye circles fairly well and felt like NOTHING on my face and looked like I was simply blessed with near-perfect skin. Other products have won my heart since then (both powder and liquid foundations) but I still keep this beauty on hand because it is such an excellent product. The sponge it comes with is effective enough but it falls apart (the top come apart from the "business end" - far better to include a sponge without a "topping" - just a 2-sided sponge), and the compact doesn't have a separate compartment for the sponge - unless they've changed this in recent years - instructions say to keep the clear plastic disc to separate the product from the sponge, which is just stupid - a compact like they have for the heavier foundation or like MAC has for Studio Fix would be a lot more practical. But this is a great "foundation" if you don't need heavy coverage and if, like me, you hate the feeling of a heavy product on your face. When I purchased mine, it didn't contain SPF but I think the newer version does, which makes this just about perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the M60 and I've definitely been matched wrongly by the Sephora SA as this is too beige, pink and orange on my yellow-olive skin. Even if the color is not a match, the formula is very thick and cakey and will accentuate every dry patch or wrinkle when applied with the cheap, foam sponge, esp. around the eye area so it's probably best to use a brush although you won't get the same coverage as with the sponge. The packaging is very cheap and light. I have been using a brush now that I hit pan. If you're looking for something to cover up, this does it well. I wore this today to make sure it wasn't my color for about 6 hours at night. I used an oil-based MU remover + a soap cleanser and I could not remove all traces of it so this is has some heavy-duty staying power that's great for oily skin.