December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover FX - Cover FX - Matte FX

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bohochic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for touch-ups throughout the day, whenever my skin starts to look oily (with or without makeup). I also use it to set/mattify my liquid foundation if looks too dewy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I like this powder. It's great for on-the-go touch ups, and I used to set liquid foundations with this because it had a great finish. The finish is hard to describe. When I used the Laura Mercier Silk Creme then topped it off with this, I could instantly see the finish of my makeup going from dewy to matte- in the most natural way.

Now, I have an oily t-zone, soIwill have to touch up throughout the day. This works as well as any other pressed powder does- it's not a miracle product. But the finish- the finish is my favorite out of all of them

I got the powder in light, and it is pretty sheer. I don't find that it turns me orange.

I love this for a blot powder! Quicker and simpler to use than oil blotting papers (especially when you're in a car with ppl).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by madaba

Ugh, can't believe I spent $22 on this. My Clarins anti-shine powder broke, so I was at Shoppers looking for something new. The SA talked me into this powder and it is just awful. I was told that it was just a blotting powder, but it leaves a tonne of colour on my skin. I took the medium, and I get this cakey orange look every time I use it. Plus the packaging is awful -- I could have done better with a straight drugstore brand like Revlon. Will go back to Clarins or something similar -- I feel like I really wasted my $$. On the plus side, it DOES get rid of shine :) and it doesn't smell. But this is makeup (cheap makeup) and makes my face look like orange construction paper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by babysparx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't realize how much I needed this powder until I stopped using it. A sales person at Murale suggested this powder to me because we had our first heat wave a few months ago and my oily skin was going haywire. I'm loyal to my ColourStay foundation, so I just wanted something else to keep the oilies at bay.
I was very pleased that this powder is very light and didn't add any colour to my face, and had a matte finish. I hit the pan & then the rest broke a few weeks ago, & it was cool & my oilies weren't bad, so I purchased a different (non oil absorbing) powder. We got another heat wave this week, and I ran to repurchase!!
After being outside and sweating, my ENTIRE face stays shiny and oily and disgusting. With this powder, the sweat goes away, and then I'm left with my makeup in place and very little oil, and I can easily touch up. With this powder, my makeup stays in place all day because it keeps the oil from making it slide right off.

Thanks, MatteFX, I will never stray again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by varmintrifle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder two days ago and it really is translucent. I am a powder-holic and usually end up looking cakey in a few hours of constantly powdering my nose. While I didn't have to powder my nose any fewer number times using this powder than any other, it did keep my face looking very fresh for all 15 hours that I was wearing my makeup yesterday. The color I bought was light. I am an E0 in Cover FX's foundation and the powder was not too dark (although it doesn't show on your skin so anyone who is light but a darker shade shouldn't worry about looking like a ghost). I recommend purchasing a separate setting powder as this won't work as one. This also works well to mattify skin to look fresh if you're not wearing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by prblms4loki

True translucent coverage. I bought it because all other finish powders I found were loose powders and I wanted a portable compact to carry with me throughout the day. I like the CoverFX powder foundation and this definitely lived up to the expectations. It didn't keep my oilies from appearing but definitely lent a mattified appearance to my skin after foundation and set my foundation nicely. Plus, reapplying throughout the day with the puff works great and doesn't feel like I'm caking up my skin! I just wish the price was a little more palatable and maybe it shouldn't be so difficult to pick up with a brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use MAC blotting powder medium or CoverFX matte FX. The Mac one is a little less expensive.

I only use it when my skin is sensitive with some redness on my face and I did not want to cover up with foundation.

I really like it. It won't look powdery at all.

Probably not suitable for very oily skin.

I have normal/dry skin. I apply very sheerly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by masutaichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to mattify my forehead and nose when it gets a bit oily. When i use the puff that comes with it, it barely soaked up the oil. It was more effective when you use a powder brush. There's nothing special about this. I got this in the summer when i was a medium, but now i'm borderline between light and medium and it still works fine. It's very sheer so it doesn't add any colour, so your foundation is safe.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I love the Powder Fx pressed mineral foundation... This, not so much.

As far as blotting powders go, in my opinion, this one is really not that great. It is really hard to get the product on a brush or sponge. I tried it all. I basically found myself scraping the powder so that my brush could grab onto something.

I find I like the MAC blotting powder, the MUFE HD or BE Mineral Veil for oilies during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this over the Coverfx cream foundation. I like it because I have never been able to find a powder that didn't look too pink or too dark against my pale skin. This one, in Light, is the perfect pale neutral shade. Not too pink or yellow or dark. Before I found this I was using a transparent (white) loose powder by cinema secrets, but I wanted a compact powder. Provides no coverage, but I just wanted this to set my foundation. Overall, I like the color, but I don't like how difficult it is to sweep the powder onto the brush. I feel like with some powders you barely have to touch the brush onto the powder to pick it up, but with this I have to work to get any powder onto the brush. I tried using my finger, and barely any powder went onto my finger. It's like it's too dense in the compact or something. Or like it got wet and dried and now you can't pick up any powder (that didn't happen though). I tried using different brushes, all with the same results. Very little powder will pick up. Too much work! Will return and keep searching for a good compact powder.