Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

on 1/8/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Intriguing, full-on sexy smell. This fragrance is certainly a weapon in my arsenal!! Amber and sandalwood make this one overtly sensual and down dirty. Long lasting too. EDT and EDP are too different animals. While I own the EDP, I do prefer the EDT. Only purchased the EDP because it seems to last longer. The bottle is so ingenious. Looks great on my boudoir dresser. A lusty, busty woman figure, just like me!!

on 12/4/2011 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG!!! I have yet to smell a perfume I prefer to this. I love this EDT and the EDP they actually smell quite different but both HEAVENLY!! with FANTASTIC dry down that smells as good if not better than the frist spritz. I don't like florally fruity scents and so this one is perfect, rich and sexy. It has a slight cola scent which I LOVE! It smells classic but not "old lady" at all. Lasting power is ridiculously good my whole room smells like this after work when I spray it on in the morning.
PURCHASE IT FROM A REPUTABLE STORE ALOT ALOT ALOT OF FAKE JPG OUT THERE.

on 11/21/2011 2:20:00 PM

I hate this fragrance, since I first smelled it - so many years ago. I know guys, my opinion is not very important, but I have to write this review now and today, because I sprayed a little of this stuff on my hand while I was shopping - and I have to tell you: I can't stand it. Did I tell you already, that I can't stand it?
It smells cheap and vulgar to my picky nose. I think - the special, sexy bottle and the box, plus the smart commercial, makes this fragrance famous - not the juice itself.

on 9/6/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my best friends used to wear this, and it smelled great on her. This is a big, friendly, kind of bosomy perfume, very sweet and powdery with no sharp edges. It's also loud enough to smell across a crowded, smoky room, so apply lightly.

on 7/21/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I want to love this, I get many compliments and on the right person it is a very sexy scent but on me there is a metallic chemical note which just annoys me and gives me a headache, others compliment me on it but I personally dont like it on me. Faraway from avon has similar orange flower and vanillic notes without the chemical smell.

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

I have worn JPG Classique EDT on and off for years. My other signature scent is Chanel Allure. Lately, I have been searching for a new scent to replace it - but nothing really comes close. I always come back to it. It's soft but it lasts on your skin, it's sexy but not too 'in your face'. I get compliments from men and more often women when I wear it. Gotta say - it is my number 1 choice when it comes to perfume. Note - the EDP smells way different and I don't like it... gives me a headache and smells a bit off... stick with the EDT!

on 6/20/2011 7:07:00 AM

The bottle I purchased has a fancy, sexy pink lace wrap around it. I find the scent heightens the senses, in a very unusual way. Hm, and a very surprising hm too. This fragrance to me, is a work of art. I can tell a difference between this and other fragrances. The difference for me was how it makes me feel, not just how I technically smell.

on 5/4/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This little beauty has bumped out ysl's cinema to be my new favorite vanilla. It softens sooner to just a gentle gourmand vanilla on my skin after the initial blast of notes. Love it.

on 4/23/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love the Classique EDT! Interestingly, the EDP is too much on my skin- I can't stand it. However, the EDT is one of my favorite perfumes and it smells wonderful. It has a warm combination of vanilla, amber and rose, and I disagree strongly that it has a "brash" or "old lady" smell. The trail is great too: distinct but not cloying.

Luckily I just got a new bottle in a swap, so I will be happily spraying once more. Most of Gautier's scents seem to click with my chemistry, but in a more gourmand way than anything else. That's not to say they're too sweet, because they're not in my opinion, but they all tend to have a rice pudding drydown. (Not a criticism... I like that!)

on 4/2/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't see what the fuse is about over this perfume. It smelled like bug-spray to me, very expensive bug spray.

Popular Fragrances