Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.6

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/19/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I probably would've smelled better if I didn't use this deodorant. It didn't prevent my body odor at all and I'm convinced that it made it worse. It also made weird spots and rashes on my armpits, just like a lot of the other reviewers said. Sorry, but I have nothing good to say about this product. Definitely not worth the price.

on 7/2/2013 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate this deodorant when applied it feels really wet and when it dry it gets very sticky.I. also burn under your arms especially if it freshly shaved.If your a person that have sweaty armpits I don't recommend this.Honestly I really think that I would not recommended this to anybody.

on 6/20/2013 4:12:00 PM

Sorry Tom, my underarms gave you a week to try out this product and I've just bought my old brand as I can't use yours one day longer. Within one week of use I've developed a painful red rash under my arms, most likely caused by the excess moisture as opposed to the ingredients. It is instantly damp when applied, which turns to sticky shortly thereafter. Reapplying mid-day is futile. To qualify, I'm not a big sweater, but I'm also not one of those people who can get by with applying deodorant just now and then.

Every negative that others are posting here rings true for me as well, with the top negative being the b.o. it seems to GIVE you. I've been meaning to try making my own deodorant based on on-line recipes, but in the meantime, have gone back to my old brand.

on 6/20/2013 12:46:00 AM

Besides making me smell terrible and worst than if I had not used anything, it created huge dark spots in my armpits. It looks like it's burned all around. It was not itchy, the stains just appeared... I have used this thing for 3 weeks and only noticed these stains today... I wish I had read the reviews before. I just saw the "natural" propaganda and... now am here, with these stains. I'm going back to Dove.

on 5/13/2013 12:15:00 PM

Made me smell worst than normal BO. I could smell my own BO after 3 hours. When I don't use anything at all, I smell fine.
Don't buy!

on 3/22/2013 8:29:00 PM

General highlights: natural, aluminum-free, nice smell, sticky, doesn't last long, doesn't stop sweating |||||
--Don't expect this all-natural deodorant to work as well as other products. I wanted a deodorant that was aluminum free, and this is my main option. Take note that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. You will still sweat a little when using it. Anti-perspirants use tiny particles of aluminum that clog pores to prevent sweating and have been linked to breast cancer. Tom's doesn't use aluminum, so you will still sweat. I like that this doesn't contain aluminum, artificial fragrance, or any other "bad" chemicals.
--I use the lavender scent and it smells nice. I like that it goes on clear so I don't have to worry about annoying white deodorant marks. This stuff is actually cheaper than the old clinical strength deodorant I used to use.
--My only complaints are that it's sticky at first, so I have to wait a little while before putting a shirt on. It also doesn't last nearly as long as other deodorants. I don't usually have to reapply deodorant, but I do have to reapply with this brand. But it's not a big deal. I can get a good 4-5 hours without having to reapply, and for me a simple reapplication is worth not risking cancer from aluminum. I'm looking for a sample size I can carry around with me to make reapplication easier.

(((Update: This started drying out my skin and turning it red after about a month of use. I made my own deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, and beeswax and it works much better and lasts all day! If you want a natural deodorant, try making your own. It's really easy. Sorry, Tom's, I still love your other products!

on 2/27/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My body overheats easily so I sweat more than most people...even in the winter. I wasn't expecting something to stop perspiration, just to control any scent if their was one.

Con
This deodorant barely lasted half the day and once it wore off it amplified the B.O smell which made me rather go deodorant-less or use body spray.

Pros:
Aluminum free at least and...nice packaging?

Works for some people not people who sweat lots unless you plan on doing multiple applications throughout the day,

on 2/23/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Honeysuckle rose.....Horrible-made my pits smell like stinky socks. It's going in the garbage.

on 2/2/2013 11:36:00 PM

This deodorant sucks. I was hopeful, wanting something more natural, and I like Tom's toothpaste. This was almost like not wearing any deodorant, perspiration and BO smell-wise. Worst of all is that it made my armpits ITCHY. so itchy. So much so that after about a week and a half of use I looked at my armpits in the mirror and they were completely discolored and red. I am not a person who puts much time into reviewing products....ever. But I just had to leave my 2 cents on this one. Don't waste your money.

on 10/16/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was surprised by the bad ratings on this stuff. I don't have a problem with sweat, just the smell. I have purchased this twice in the lavender scent and used it for the past year or so. It's perfect for my everyday use to cut down on any, ehem, odors that might occur and I feel fresh all day. If I wear a tighter fighter shirt on the underarms I have to use an anti-perspirant, but otherwise this stuff is great!

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products