September 23, 2014 | 1701 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Meiimoo

My body overheats easily so I sweat more than most people...even in the winter. I wasn't expecting something to stop perspiration, just to control any scent if their was one.

Con
This deodorant barely lasted half the day and once it wore off it amplified the B.O smell which made me rather go deodorant-less or use body spray.

Pros:
Aluminum free at least and...nice packaging?

Works for some people not people who sweat lots unless you plan on doing multiple applications throughout the day,

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cbot1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honeysuckle rose.....Horrible-made my pits smell like stinky socks. It's going in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by daysixaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This deodorant sucks. I was hopeful, wanting something more natural, and I like Tom's toothpaste. This was almost like not wearing any deodorant, perspiration and BO smell-wise. Worst of all is that it made my armpits ITCHY. so itchy. So much so that after about a week and a half of use I looked at my armpits in the mirror and they were completely discolored and red. I am not a person who puts much time into reviewing products....ever. But I just had to leave my 2 cents on this one. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by the bad ratings on this stuff. I don't have a problem with sweat, just the smell. I have purchased this twice in the lavender scent and used it for the past year or so. It's perfect for my everyday use to cut down on any, ehem, odors that might occur and I feel fresh all day. If I wear a tighter fighter shirt on the underarms I have to use an anti-perspirant, but otherwise this stuff is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by fauxfur

Absolutely the worst deodorant I can think of. I gave it many chances but on me it gives a rancid lemon-y smell worse my own natural b.o.

Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hikkikillerbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for both the unscented and the apricot one.
First, let me start with the Apricot version. I have been using the Apricot version for a year now and it's always worked really good for me as far as being a natural deodorant. It keeps my armpits smelling like apricot but doesn't have a strong smell to it, unlike Arm & Hammer's Baking Soda Aluminum -free deodorant. Arm & Hammer's natural deodorant has a strong "guy perfume" smell, & assuming that the company intended it to be a unisex deodorant, I think it's more intended for men.
Now on to the unscented one. Unfortunately, I don't think the unscented one is working for me. I'm starting to smell my B.O. after about 4 hours, so I don't think it's helping control the smell. I don't know if I will keep using it, but I would hate to waste a new bar of deodorant. I will probably just use it in the upcoming winter days, when I hardly sweat.
I haven't tried the Jason one, so I will try and see if that works good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tstymctst

I've tried this in the apricot a couple of years ago and in the lavender recently, and I just threw my lavender one in the garbage. I honestly smell a hundred times better at the end of the day if I *haven't* worn this crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a natural deoderant, for all the people who can't get enough of organic products, this is the best. For those who don't know, most deorderants have antiperspirant in it aka, little shards of aluminum to clog your pours so you don't smell when you sweat. This is why deoderant is believed to be linked to cancer and alzeimers, fyi. When using this product, you most likely are going to smell fresh for a few hours then if youre like me, stink like hell. I love this deorderant because of its all natural and has no antiperspirant. So, I carried around my stick of Tom's and when I felt I needed to reapply I did so. Yes it was wet for a minute and must be dried before putting on clothes and eventually re-applied, but if it is linked to cancer I think it is better to be a little smelly than take a risk

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lalaladylauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This deodorant is the pits (har dee har har). I've been a longtime user of the Dove clinical protection deodorant, but I let my mom talk me into using the Tom's "Naturally Dry" Deodorant that promises 24 hours of wetness protection. The first time I wore it, I wore a black sweater, and the fuzz clung to my armpits. That should have been a warning sign to ditch this deodorant immediately, but I continued with various methods of application: once at night, again in the morning. However, by the end of a six hour work shift I end up smelling as though I haven't bothered to put on deodorant at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that the scent ("natural powder") is subtle and not overpowering the way many other deodorants are, and that Tom's is a cruelty free brand. Shame that you can't recycle the container, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something natural. Doesn't work at all, in fact it smelled worst but in a different way.