December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by pattykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Besides making me smell terrible and worst than if I had not used anything, it created huge dark spots in my armpits. It looks like it's burned all around. It was not itchy, the stains just appeared... I have used this thing for 3 weeks and only noticed these stains today... I wish I had read the reviews before. I just saw the "natural" propaganda and... now am here, with these stains. I'm going back to Dove.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by mmerachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made me smell worst than normal BO. I could smell my own BO after 3 hours. When I don't use anything at all, I smell fine.
Don't buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

General highlights: natural, aluminum-free, nice smell, sticky, doesn't last long, doesn't stop sweating |||||
--Don't expect this all-natural deodorant to work as well as other products. I wanted a deodorant that was aluminum free, and this is my main option. Take note that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. You will still sweat a little when using it. Anti-perspirants use tiny particles of aluminum that clog pores to prevent sweating and have been linked to breast cancer. Tom's doesn't use aluminum, so you will still sweat. I like that this doesn't contain aluminum, artificial fragrance, or any other "bad" chemicals.
--I use the lavender scent and it smells nice. I like that it goes on clear so I don't have to worry about annoying white deodorant marks. This stuff is actually cheaper than the old clinical strength deodorant I used to use.
--My only complaints are that it's sticky at first, so I have to wait a little while before putting a shirt on. It also doesn't last nearly as long as other deodorants. I don't usually have to reapply deodorant, but I do have to reapply with this brand. But it's not a big deal. I can get a good 4-5 hours without having to reapply, and for me a simple reapplication is worth not risking cancer from aluminum. I'm looking for a sample size I can carry around with me to make reapplication easier.

(((Update: This started drying out my skin and turning it red after about a month of use. I made my own deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, and beeswax and it works much better and lasts all day! If you want a natural deodorant, try making your own. It's really easy. Sorry, Tom's, I still love your other products!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Meiimoo

My body overheats easily so I sweat more than most people...even in the winter. I wasn't expecting something to stop perspiration, just to control any scent if their was one.

Con
This deodorant barely lasted half the day and once it wore off it amplified the B.O smell which made me rather go deodorant-less or use body spray.

Pros:
Aluminum free at least and...nice packaging?

Works for some people not people who sweat lots unless you plan on doing multiple applications throughout the day,

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cbot1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honeysuckle rose.....Horrible-made my pits smell like stinky socks. It's going in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by daysixaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This deodorant sucks. I was hopeful, wanting something more natural, and I like Tom's toothpaste. This was almost like not wearing any deodorant, perspiration and BO smell-wise. Worst of all is that it made my armpits ITCHY. so itchy. So much so that after about a week and a half of use I looked at my armpits in the mirror and they were completely discolored and red. I am not a person who puts much time into reviewing products....ever. But I just had to leave my 2 cents on this one. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by the bad ratings on this stuff. I don't have a problem with sweat, just the smell. I have purchased this twice in the lavender scent and used it for the past year or so. It's perfect for my everyday use to cut down on any, ehem, odors that might occur and I feel fresh all day. If I wear a tighter fighter shirt on the underarms I have to use an anti-perspirant, but otherwise this stuff is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by fauxfur

Absolutely the worst deodorant I can think of. I gave it many chances but on me it gives a rancid lemon-y smell worse my own natural b.o.

Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hikkikillerbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for both the unscented and the apricot one.
First, let me start with the Apricot version. I have been using the Apricot version for a year now and it's always worked really good for me as far as being a natural deodorant. It keeps my armpits smelling like apricot but doesn't have a strong smell to it, unlike Arm & Hammer's Baking Soda Aluminum -free deodorant. Arm & Hammer's natural deodorant has a strong "guy perfume" smell, & assuming that the company intended it to be a unisex deodorant, I think it's more intended for men.
Now on to the unscented one. Unfortunately, I don't think the unscented one is working for me. I'm starting to smell my B.O. after about 4 hours, so I don't think it's helping control the smell. I don't know if I will keep using it, but I would hate to waste a new bar of deodorant. I will probably just use it in the upcoming winter days, when I hardly sweat.
I haven't tried the Jason one, so I will try and see if that works good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tstymctst

I've tried this in the apricot a couple of years ago and in the lavender recently, and I just threw my lavender one in the garbage. I honestly smell a hundred times better at the end of the day if I *haven't* worn this crap!