April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this to set my liquid foundation! However, like everyone else mentioned, this offers very little, if any coverage. However, if you use a sponge you might be able to get a light medium coverage from this. I do like that its quite sheer because I don't want a powder that would drastically change the color of my foundations. I still love my Lancome Dual Finish Powder, but the NARS Powder is just as great. They both are my HG in setting powders. I love the packaging for NARS as always, and would probably pay the extra $10 for another compact instead of just buying a refill...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I like this more than I did initially (when I found it to be too drying); I find that it comes in handy for touch-ups and leaves a nice finish on its own, but I definitely have to agree with the below poster regarding coverage. To me, this offers only slightly more coverage than a finishing powder or mattifying powder; it does not cover nearly as well as some powder foundations (which is fine with me, but if you need the coverage, you might want to avoid this particular version).

I do find that it can be a bit drying -- but I love it for the color match. NARS Siberia is one of the few colors that actually matches my skin (NW5-10ish). I prefer Sheer Glow or Firming (liquid) foundations, but I keep this in my bag for post-gym touch ups (or touch ups in general). While the Powder Foundation in Siberia runs darker than the liquid, it still works for me. It does not leave the flawless finish that other powders do, but it does mattify and leave my skin looking more even-toned. It's a bit expensive, but I would probably buy it again. I do like that refills are available from NARS (albeit for not much less than the entire compact), which makes me feel less wasteful than having to repurchase the entire thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by missshari

This is more of a powder than a powder 'foundation' as it doesn't offer very much coverage espescially in comparison to mac studio fix powder. I use it to set my foundation as it's not enough by it's self. Don't like the rubbery packaging either as it gets dirty. I like that it has spf12 but wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by pearce38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use NARS products a lot as I have olive skin found them best brand for colur match and excellent quality so to me somewhat explains price tag. Purchased powder foundation in Syracuse gave skin nice warm colour slightly darker than my natural colouring but looked fine. Did apply with brush found need to use sponge provided to give extra coverage on my open pores on cheek /nose/chin. Very good covering under eye circles as well result. I agree with others say could be cheaper do not get much product for money but can get refill think 10.00 less. In good sturdy compact dropped it and phew not cracked! I find best to use primer underneath as quite dry I use Laura Mercier at present and use with nars catus flower cream blush amazing colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

For me this is more of a full coverage powder rather then a powder foundation as described. I used to use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in light medium before transitioning to this in. This says powder foundation but i find it rather sheer and lightweight and very light and natural almost medium coverage this is why i prefer it over my foundation or concealer on hot sweaty days. This powder however is amazing for absorbing oil and sweat on hot days and is great for combination/ oily skin. (my mom has dry skin and she uses it and finds it works well too for shine). This powder is very expensive thought at $45 +tax a piece but it seems to last a while and the quality and result are great especially for summer where you don't want to cake your face with foundation and just want a natural concealer and powder coverage. Lastly just for referance if your ordering online. I'm asian and Nw20-Nw25 in MAC and for this i use fiji, sweden, and laponie. Laponie and sweden are made especially for asian skin tones and are sold on narscosmetics.com only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a big problem trying to find a powder that works well with my skin. This one has really been working quite well for my oily skin. I dust this in Fiji over my Punjabi sheer glow foundation and it looks beautiful. I have had a number or comments on how good my skin looks over the past week that I have been wearing it. The powder is about a half shade, or shade lighter than my foundation, but the look is very natural. It also photographs well. I'll be interested to see if I continue to love the colors when I need to transition to a darker shade this summer. It is pretty expensive for a pressed powder, but when it works, it works. And I'm a happy customer!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by addiegodwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love NARS. It leaves a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by akamariabella

I was using a different product that went into serious backorder issues (like 6 months) - so I decided to try NARS after reading many, many reviews.

And I have to say - I prefer the NARS. I am back to using the other product as I just got it and it is expensive as hell - but I really do actually prefer the NARS. Once the other runs out - I am back to NARS!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS really does no wrong......with that said I am just getting into their products in the last few months. This powder foundation is pricey at $45, but I liked it. This powder is a light to medium coverage but doesn't control the oil in my t-zone very well. I wear Syracuse which is actually a shade and a half lighter, but will be pretty in the summer. So you can wear one shade all year. I apply it with a powder brush and wear the NARS Primer with SPF underneath. I like the color, matches nicely so because of that I will continue to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use the Desert shade. I hate NARS liquid foundation, but I quiet like their pressed powder foundation. This shade is one of the best match powder foundation I've got in my collection, most are either too light or way too dark for me.
I like how this is more of yellow base/tone, it sets my liquid foundation very well. Blends very well, doesn't look cakey (but then that depends on how heavy you apply it), doesn't look dry or oily, and very durable.
This is a very matte foundation, so if your looking for that glowing/dewy sort of finish, then its best to avoid this.
I think the best thing about NARS foundation, whether it is liquid or powder, their shades are very suitable for asian skin, the shades tend to all have yellow base/undertones, which for me is awesome because it matches me better then any other brand of foundation.