September 3, 2014 | 1363 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. It gives my skin quite a natural glow and although it is expensive ($45, $35 for refills), you only have to use a minimal amount to make a difference. I have no issues about buying it again, because I know it will be a long time before it finishes up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by danaedwards

I really like this foundation, it goes on very smooth and helps even all of the skin imperfections on my face. I can really notice the higher quality after switching over from department store brands. I did get this at a cheaper price since I shop on a military base, but I'm not sure if I would pay the full price for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

I read the reviews for this product after an SA at Sephora already recommended I buy it and matched me with the right shade (Cadiz), and I was so surprised at all the negative reviews. There's a lot that I love about this powder, so here's a summary based on the things everyone seems to be disagreeing about.

Coverage: Unlike many of the other reviewers, I found the coverage to be excellent for a powder foundation. Since it is a powder, I don't expect a completely flawless face from it -- for that, I would need both liquid and powder combined, possibly with a little concealer underneath. I have some acne, quite a few acne scars, and my skin tone is slightly uneven. This powder gets rid of roughly 95% of what I want covered, and that is perfect for the everyday wear that I need from my foundation.

I should also note that when I tried applying this with my kabuki brush, the coverage was almost nonexistant. It was only by using the sponge that comes with the compact that I was able to get the coverage I wanted, and after that, it was smooth sailing. I applied a thin layer to my entire face, then went back and added more to problem areas that needed extra coverage, and it adapted to that without caking up or making me look overdone.

Oil Control: I have VERY oily skin that destroys any foundation I attempt to put on my face, whether it's liquid or powder. This powder did pretty good with oil control and didn't melt away when I was sweating (and believe me, I sweat a lot). There was some oil breakthrough after 2-3 hours, but I didn't look like an oil slick, or even feel the need to really touch up. The oil combined with the powder and made my skin look dewy, not greasy. There was also surprisingly little transfer, and for once I got the feeling that if I hugged someone, I wouldn't leave half my makeup on their clothes.

Lasting power: The lasting power on this is also pretty good, considering how oily my skin is. I LOVE that it does not oxidize, something that every foundation I've tried seems to do at some point. Cadiz is a perfect match for my skin tone, and it stays that way all day instead of getting 2 shades darker out of nowhere. Touch-ups are required after about 3 hours if I want to keep every last acne scar covered, but the overall effect of the powder lasts all day, and it doesn't disappear and show everything by the end of the day.

Price: This is probably the only downside to the product. It is very expensive, and the refills other reviewers have mentioned are no longer available. Whether or not I buy this again will depend largely on how long it takes me to hit pan -- if it happens quickly, I may need to search for a cheaper alternative, and if it takes awhile, I might be willing to shell out the $45 when the time comes. My skin is a medium/dark brown with yellow and red undertones, and this is the ONLY powder I have tried that perfectly matches that description and gives me the coverage I want, so if that is still true when I run out, that makes it very much worth the extra money I spent on it.

Overall, this is a great product that does everything I expected it to do. It's light, comfortable to wear, hasn't broken me out like my last powder foundation (a review on that is coming shortly), matches my skin tone, looks natural, covers what I need to have covered, and is perfect for both everyday wear at school and work and for a night out. I will continue to use it and most likely repurchase,

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by zigglemonster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has too light of a coverage for me. It doesn't even cover redness on the cheaks. The finish isn't that great either as I find this clings in patches around different areas of the face, probably the dry areas. Would not purchase this, and its ridiculously expensive for something so light.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this to set my liquid foundation! However, like everyone else mentioned, this offers very little, if any coverage. However, if you use a sponge you might be able to get a light medium coverage from this. I do like that its quite sheer because I don't want a powder that would drastically change the color of my foundations. I still love my Lancome Dual Finish Powder, but the NARS Powder is just as great. They both are my HG in setting powders. I love the packaging for NARS as always, and would probably pay the extra $10 for another compact instead of just buying a refill...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I like this more than I did initially (when I found it to be too drying); I find that it comes in handy for touch-ups and leaves a nice finish on its own, but I definitely have to agree with the below poster regarding coverage. To me, this offers only slightly more coverage than a finishing powder or mattifying powder; it does not cover nearly as well as some powder foundations (which is fine with me, but if you need the coverage, you might want to avoid this particular version).

I do find that it can be a bit drying -- but I love it for the color match. NARS Siberia is one of the few colors that actually matches my skin (NW5-10ish). I prefer Sheer Glow or Firming (liquid) foundations, but I keep this in my bag for post-gym touch ups (or touch ups in general). While the Powder Foundation in Siberia runs darker than the liquid, it still works for me. It does not leave the flawless finish that other powders do, but it does mattify and leave my skin looking more even-toned. It's a bit expensive, but I would probably buy it again. I do like that refills are available from NARS (albeit for not much less than the entire compact), which makes me feel less wasteful than having to repurchase the entire thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by missshari

This is more of a powder than a powder 'foundation' as it doesn't offer very much coverage espescially in comparison to mac studio fix powder. I use it to set my foundation as it's not enough by it's self. Don't like the rubbery packaging either as it gets dirty. I like that it has spf12 but wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by pearce38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use NARS products a lot as I have olive skin found them best brand for colur match and excellent quality so to me somewhat explains price tag. Purchased powder foundation in Syracuse gave skin nice warm colour slightly darker than my natural colouring but looked fine. Did apply with brush found need to use sponge provided to give extra coverage on my open pores on cheek /nose/chin. Very good covering under eye circles as well result. I agree with others say could be cheaper do not get much product for money but can get refill think £10.00 less. In good sturdy compact dropped it and phew not cracked! I find best to use primer underneath as quite dry I use Laura Mercier at present and use with nars catus flower cream blush amazing colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

For me this is more of a full coverage powder rather then a powder foundation as described. I used to use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in light medium before transitioning to this in. This says powder foundation but i find it rather sheer and lightweight and very light and natural almost medium coverage this is why i prefer it over my foundation or concealer on hot sweaty days. This powder however is amazing for absorbing oil and sweat on hot days and is great for combination/ oily skin. (my mom has dry skin and she uses it and finds it works well too for shine). This powder is very expensive thought at $45 +tax a piece but it seems to last a while and the quality and result are great especially for summer where you don't want to cake your face with foundation and just want a natural concealer and powder coverage. Lastly just for referance if your ordering online. I'm asian and Nw20-Nw25 in MAC and for this i use fiji, sweden, and laponie. Laponie and sweden are made especially for asian skin tones and are sold on narscosmetics.com only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a big problem trying to find a powder that works well with my skin. This one has really been working quite well for my oily skin. I dust this in Fiji over my Punjabi sheer glow foundation and it looks beautiful. I have had a number or comments on how good my skin looks over the past week that I have been wearing it. The powder is about a half shade, or shade lighter than my foundation, but the look is very natural. It also photographs well. I'll be interested to see if I continue to love the colors when I need to transition to a darker shade this summer. It is pretty expensive for a pressed powder, but when it works, it works. And I'm a happy customer!