November 23, 2014 | 1807 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a good highlighters, it doesn't grease nor sits on my fine lines. It doesn't conceal anything, you must use a concealer and this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 19 April 2013:
I got a Teint Eclat foundation because I liked the highlighter so much. I se the foundation over my eye-area - it works well. I will reserve the cliker pen for on-the-go.
END OF UPDATE
UPDATE 05 March 2013:
Today I got a fake Touche Eclat from ebay. You can read about it at the end of this review. I have actually gotten fakes from there TWICE - I wouldn't recommend trying to get Touche Eclat from Ebay - many sellers sell fakes or seem to not be aware of selling fakes. If you absolutely want to get it on ebay, show the seller the photos from this review first and ask if what he sells actually is the real deal.
Also: if you want a cheaper alternative to Touche Eclat, try the Prep + Prime Highlighter from MAC - it's much bigger, has a little more coverage and might be a better alternative :)
END OF UPDATE
I bought this for lightening up undereye circles just slightly. I don't need much coverage because I first use a BB cream (Skin79 Gold) all over my face, including the whole eye-area, and there isn't that much to conceal after this. I also prefer to not cover up everything as I want to cover imperfections without having to go back and add colours to "unflattify" my face again. UPDATE: I now even wear this by itself, with nothing under - it has enough concealing power for me even on it's own :)
My skin is very light olive - about NC15. In concealer I usually like peachy or orange shades to cover up my greenish veins, but in this concealer I actually had to choose nr 2, which is a very light yellow shade. Nr 1, which was a light pink, made my undereye area look a little bit purple. Nr 3 is a peach colour better suited for darker skins. Nr 6 (?) was... quite strange to me - it was an almost greenish yellow that probably should suit those who have pink undereyes.
The qualities I want the products for my undereyes to have are:
- longevity - I'm NOT going to reapply during the day
- not be drying, as I have dry skin and not wanting to cause wrinkles
- not crease or minimal creasing
- light coverage
I like this because I can easily use it to cover a little without it being noticeable in any way, it doesn't crease, it's not drying and it doesn't seem to disappear during the day (although my BB cream does work like a good primer). It makes my undereye area lighter and fresher looking. When I was looking for a new concealer in the store, the sales assistants kept telling me that this isn't a thick concealer, but a highlighter and that it's not going to cover much. I take that as most people are actually looking for something different than this - for more coverage when they are searching for concealer. This is a highlighter, but it does have enough concealing power to me (again: I need VERY little).
BTW: the way I apply this is smear a little under my eyes and use a beauty blender-sponge to spread it and even everything out. I don't think I waste that much product and the very even results are worth it for me.
The cons of this is the price, especially because it takes a little bit of product to cover everything ("cover" as in "apply to whole area to be highlighted"), so I don't know how long this will last. I also don't like the packaging - it's quite big for the little amount of product you get and it's not sturdy at all compared to my Kanebo concealer.
I DO like the product - it looks very natural on, but don't know if I'll repurchase again because of the price - it costs $50 here. I'll update this later on how long the amount of product lasted.
FAKE TOUCHE ECLAT:
Don't know how to add pictures to a review (mail me if you know how), but I have included the links for my pictures. Fake smells roses, while real doesn't smell anything. The brush on the real one is much softer and won't thug the thin skin under the eyes. The product comes out much easier for the real one. The real product is quite liquid, while the fake one is kinda goopy. In general, the packaging for the fake one looks really, really good, so I think not many people would even suspect it to be a fake.
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399033.JPG upper one is fake - it's more shiny than the real one
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399034.JPG upper one is fake - the knob is way longer than on the real one
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399035.JPG right one is fake - it is a little thinner
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399036.JPG left one is fake - look at that poorly fitted sticker
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399037.JPG lower one is fake
http://img.makeupalley.com/5/5/3/4/2399038.JPG right one is fake nr 2 - it has a pinkish colour, very close to real nr 1

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I got this as a sample from Sephora in three shades - No. 1 is too peachy-pink but No. 2 is the perfect shade for my light complexion (the third shade was way too dark for me).
I don't really understand why this is supposedly a cult favourite - in my opinion, it's overrated and overpriced. My Magic Lumi highlighter pen from L'Oreal does the job just as well, at a fraction of the price. And as other reviewers have noted, it is a highlighter, not a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, let me just say that this IS NOT a concealer. I don't even know why it is in the concealer category, because it is a highlighter, and an awesome one at that. I have seen many negative reviews, b/c people think it's going to cover their dark circles & blemishes, but that is not what Touche Éclat is made for. I am in love with this product & it's a staple in my daily beauty routine. It highlights beautifully. I put it under my eyes to highlight as well my the top of my cupid's bow, along my marionette lines & inner corners of my eyes. It does a great job at brightening shadows on my face. I have heard some also put it along the outside of their lip line to make their lips look plumper. This shade, No. 2 Luminous Ivory, is perfect for my LLL skintone. It also looks just as great when I have a tan in the summertime. The first time I tried this product, I bought No. 1 Luminous Radiance & I was not happy with the results as it didn't show up at all on my LLL skintone. Thankfully, I gave it another chance & bought this shade and I'm so glad I did. I completely understand why this product is so popular! My only complaint would be the packaging. It is quite beautiful and I like the brush ok, but I absolutely loathe having to click it to get enough product on the brush. Sometimes I have to click it 6 or 7 times. It takes time for the product to get on the brush, so it's more like: click a few times & wait...click a few more times & wait....well, you get the picture. It's impossible to see how much or how little product is left in the pen & you can't get every last drop. Because of this, I'm deducting one lippie. Despite the unfortunate packaging, I still adore this awesome little highlighter & I will continue buy this again & again & again. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by teaghanlc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just don't understand!
The packaging is gorgeous.
The product has a beautiful texture.

But It doesn't do anything! And it's crazy expensive! And the brush is ridiculous!
Originally I bought it, as the sales assistant had recommended, as a concealer.
This product conceals nothing.

It's single function is as an illuminator.
I'm completely disappointed as that's not the purpose I intended to buy it for..
I needed a concealer. I asked for help. I didn't get a concealer.

I rated it only two lipsticks because it's not what I wanted, but as a cheek bone highlight it isn't too bad! It you pop a thick strip along your cheek bone and let it dry for 10minutes or more, until it become tacky the product is easy to work into the skin and not as much is wasted on your finger!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

I loved this product when I first bought it...but now....not so much. After using it for quite some time I was not so impressed as I first was...

First of all, this is a great highlighter. But as a concealer, it didn't do much for my dark circles. I much prefer the MAC full coverage concealer.

It may be that it's because I've had it for awhile it dried up? I'm not sure, but there is still product left inside but doesn't do much for me anymore. May try this again, but not in the near future.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Fizzabella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this product is really pretty and easy to carry! However, it is really expensive. I probably would buy it again though, as i like knowing that i have one in my make up kit.
In terms of the product, it doesn't do a very good job of concealing under eye bags which is what i was hoping it would do the most.. however it does 'brighten' the area.

I don't really know how to use the product as i don't actually notice the difference on my face but the make up artist who sold it to me said that it made my face look much lighter and brighter (but maybe she was trying to sell it to me.. hmmm -__-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I wasn't very impressed with this product - I was disappointed and looked for others. But after trying several others I understood it's actually better than I first thought and actually very good - it is not the most pigmented but it doesn't crease and it brightens up your face and makes it look fresh like others don't and if you don't have big under eye issues the pigmentation is just fine. Plus, the packaging is beautiful and easy to carry anywhere. It is always in my purse. This #2 has pink undertones so it suits my pale cold pinky toned skin well, but maybe #1 would hide blue better but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bellezatigresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing I can say that has not already been said about this miraculous product. I always keep one in my purse to "brighten" up my face. It is really amazing at concealing blemishes too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This and Dior Skin Flash is a regular in my makeup bag. This one is a classic, enough said. It belongs in every womens home!!!

This is a little magic wand that brightens up your face when you need it!