September 23, 2014 | 2098 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I got this as a sample from Sephora in three shades - No. 1 is too peachy-pink but No. 2 is the perfect shade for my light complexion (the third shade was way too dark for me).
I don't really understand why this is supposedly a cult favourite - in my opinion, it's overrated and overpriced. My Magic Lumi highlighter pen from L'Oreal does the job just as well, at a fraction of the price. And as other reviewers have noted, it is a highlighter, not a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, let me just say that this IS NOT a concealer. I don't even know why it is in the concealer category, because it is a highlighter, and an awesome one at that. I have seen many negative reviews, b/c people think it's going to cover their dark circles & blemishes, but that is not what Touche Éclat is made for. I am in love with this product & it's a staple in my daily beauty routine. It highlights beautifully. I put it under my eyes to highlight as well my the top of my cupid's bow, along my marionette lines & inner corners of my eyes. It does a great job at brightening shadows on my face. I have heard some also put it along the outside of their lip line to make their lips look plumper. This shade, No. 2 Luminous Ivory, is perfect for my LLL skintone. It also looks just as great when I have a tan in the summertime. The first time I tried this product, I bought No. 1 Luminous Radiance & I was not happy with the results as it didn't show up at all on my LLL skintone. Thankfully, I gave it another chance & bought this shade and I'm so glad I did. I completely understand why this product is so popular! My only complaint would be the packaging. It is quite beautiful and I like the brush ok, but I absolutely loathe having to click it to get enough product on the brush. Sometimes I have to click it 6 or 7 times. It takes time for the product to get on the brush, so it's more like: click a few times & wait...click a few more times & wait....well, you get the picture. It's impossible to see how much or how little product is left in the pen & you can't get every last drop. Because of this, I'm deducting one lippie. Despite the unfortunate packaging, I still adore this awesome little highlighter & I will continue buy this again & again & again. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by teaghanlc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just don't understand!
The packaging is gorgeous.
The product has a beautiful texture.

But It doesn't do anything! And it's crazy expensive! And the brush is ridiculous!
Originally I bought it, as the sales assistant had recommended, as a concealer.
This product conceals nothing.

It's single function is as an illuminator.
I'm completely disappointed as that's not the purpose I intended to buy it for..
I needed a concealer. I asked for help. I didn't get a concealer.

I rated it only two lipsticks because it's not what I wanted, but as a cheek bone highlight it isn't too bad! It you pop a thick strip along your cheek bone and let it dry for 10minutes or more, until it become tacky the product is easy to work into the skin and not as much is wasted on your finger!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

I loved this product when I first bought it...but now....not so much. After using it for quite some time I was not so impressed as I first was...

First of all, this is a great highlighter. But as a concealer, it didn't do much for my dark circles. I much prefer the MAC full coverage concealer.

It may be that it's because I've had it for awhile it dried up? I'm not sure, but there is still product left inside but doesn't do much for me anymore. May try this again, but not in the near future.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Fizzabella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this product is really pretty and easy to carry! However, it is really expensive. I probably would buy it again though, as i like knowing that i have one in my make up kit.
In terms of the product, it doesn't do a very good job of concealing under eye bags which is what i was hoping it would do the most.. however it does 'brighten' the area.

I don't really know how to use the product as i don't actually notice the difference on my face but the make up artist who sold it to me said that it made my face look much lighter and brighter (but maybe she was trying to sell it to me.. hmmm -__-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I wasn't very impressed with this product - I was disappointed and looked for others. But after trying several others I understood it's actually better than I first thought and actually very good - it is not the most pigmented but it doesn't crease and it brightens up your face and makes it look fresh like others don't and if you don't have big under eye issues the pigmentation is just fine. Plus, the packaging is beautiful and easy to carry anywhere. It is always in my purse. This #2 has pink undertones so it suits my pale cold pinky toned skin well, but maybe #1 would hide blue better but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bellezatigresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing I can say that has not already been said about this miraculous product. I always keep one in my purse to "brighten" up my face. It is really amazing at concealing blemishes too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This and Dior Skin Flash is a regular in my makeup bag. This one is a classic, enough said. It belongs in every womens home!!!

This is a little magic wand that brightens up your face when you need it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by amndajohnson87

Love it as a highlighter!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by marianty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

A big no for me. Perhaps a yes for those who don't have a really really dark under eyes circle