April 16, 2014 | 1374 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this kit. It always makes my skin so smooth and soft and just radiant! Its one of the few exfoliating systems that works for me, at least at the "drugstore" level. The only downside is that its very messy, and I'm never sure if I'm using the correct scrub to peel ratio, as I ended up finishing the scrub much sooner then the peel. I haven't repurchased in a while because I'm using professional strength peels at the moment, but, I think I will repurchase for maintainence once I acheive the results I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have combination skin, blackheads around my nose, very fair, and get new pimples on my cheeks and jaw about every 2 weeks. Alas, because I still get acne and my skin is very fair, while I have very smooth skin, I need a decent foundation to cover the scarring. So I bought this product in the hopes of 1. speeding up the removal of my acne scarring and 2. polishing my skin and improving it's texture (although not that necessary) as my skin is tough and loves a good scrub every so often.

I have tried using it as directed by Olay (scrub first, then lactic peel). I have tried using it with the peel first, scrub second (see review below about the scrub neutralizing the peel before it reaches your skin). I have even tried using a head of my toothbrush instead of my fingers to give myself a "at home facial" as suggested by Michelle Phan.

All in all, I used this once a week for 2 months. The last 2 times, I used it on my dec (see if it removed some layers of minor sun damage) and my arms (for KP). Using it on my body certainly increased how much product I used (duh).

The night after I applied this, I would need to follow up with the Mario B healing mask (to calm down redness) and massage a thick layer of moisturizer into my face (using a serum comprised of a blend of oils).

Results: my acne scarring has faded some, but because I still regularly have pimples, it's just a continual "clean up" job. While I have seen results, meaning my acne scars have shrunk in size by about 40%, I think my skin is tough enough to handle a stronger peel with better results.

This was a great first peel, but really I look at it as a very good exfoliation for drugstores. It just didn't seem to remove a layer of skin like a peel does, but it did seem to wake my skin up with a good scrub, especially when I used an electric toothbrush head to apply!

Another issue, that others have pointed out, is that I ran out of the scrub portion before the lactic acid part.

I am on the fence as to whether I would buy this again at this price. I wish I could get the scrub by itself, instead of having to buy the kit. I will probably use a home made sugar scrub instead, and try a stronger peel to have the faster scar removing effects I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by oysterriver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up on a whim & SO glad I did! Super easy to use and my skin is as soft as a newborn's tokhis. Better results than my last professional facial.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by wround525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this off and on for two years, and about to buy my third set. Sometimes I use on a regular basis, sometimes not. But everytime, it leaves my skin silky smooth and fresh looking. Lately, my skin had been pretty drab. Maybe from sun damage, stress, and lack of good habits for my skin. Last night I had just enough to do one treatment and my skin looks like new. I'll be buying a new set this week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have horrible acne scars left on my forehead and chin. And this is the perfect solution for that! I'm currently on Retin-A micro, I do this every four days and every day I put on MRM MSM cream (look into that cream it's incredible lotion) and my scars are slowly fading away. I love how my skin feels after using this product... my skin feels so much softer and makeup goes on much clearer. My face does get a tad bit red after using it but I do a raw honey face mask for about thirty minutes or more and it's perfectly fine then. Such a cheaper away of doing a microdermabrasion plus a peel compared to a doctors office. Try it out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am OBSESSED with this product! I was researching good "at home" microdermabrasion and chemical peels because I use to get them both done regularly at a dermatologist's office. But I am a college student now living on her own, so a girl has got to save when she can! I found this website (http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/best-microdermabrasion/p47482/page10) and thought, "Heck, I can buy that at Target! And it's only $20...wow okay let's try this!"
I just used it for the very first time, and just the scent was intoxicating! Imagine mango, and pineapple goodness. I was also immediately nuts about the perfect grittiness, sugar and salt can be VERY harsh and actually tear the skin. This was like perfect little crystals scrubbing the yuck out of my acne prone pores! It did get warm (like the label says it should). I don't have highly sensitive skin so I did not turn red after. I plan on using this twice a week like it suggests and I'm crossing my fingers it helps my skin clear up!
Even if ALL of my little spots aren't gone, I would definitely purchase this product again because of the perfect exfoliation it gave. My skin was soft and clean after, I even think my milia and tiny bumps were dramatically smaller. LOVE LOVE LOVE at first use :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by stagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG facial exfoliator. I use it once a week or once every other week and it makes my skin incredibly smooth. I would recommend using this at night as it does make my skin redder immediately after use. My skin is calm and back to normal by morning. You barely need to scrub with this product, just lightly rub it into your skin. It does all the work for you and gets your skin to perfection in one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by BritsyBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this kit! I have suffered with acne since I was a teenager, and although it has cleared up somewhat now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I was never able to achieve completely clear skin. I started using this kit twice a week, and in just the last two weeks I see such a difference. My skin is smooth and clear! Thank you, Olay!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by green25

After reading glorious reviews about this product, I decided to give it a try, big MISTAKE for me, I have acne prone skin and this gave me large cyst and a break out I have not had in quite some time. Even worst it did not even make my skin soft or brighter, I get better results just using St. Ives facial exfoliator which makes my skin very soft and gives it a little glow for $4.00 unlike this product. I think this is just an over priced exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this product. It helps improve the overall appearance of my skin. I bought the product to help with dullness and uneven complexion. It has done all that and more.

I only use this product every other week or as needed. I would caution those with sensitive skin that this may be too harsh. My skin does sting slightly while using but nothing terrible. Afterwards, I typically follow up with a hydrating night cream.