Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

4.2

Ingredients: Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40 Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA 5/30/09

I caught this on sale for about $6 at Publix of all places. It's incredible! It leaves my skin incredibly smooth. And best of all? NO IRRITATION! I have super sensitive skin that reacts badly to some chemicals. Not so with this stuff!! Will repurchase!

on 7/18/2013 11:03:00 PM

I just have to say this is a jar and a bottle of gold! I have annoying skin, and by that I mean I have annoying little bumps that Do Not go away!!! I also have a few scars from acne in the past.
So I used this product and I absolutely love it. The smell is amazing, the texture of the scrub is perfect. I have seen a huge difference. Mind you I've only been using this for a week! It's amazing.
It really removes all the dead skin cells.
I also have pretty sensitive skin and this hasn't made me peel or break out or anything.
I love it!!!

I love this. This is probably the only Olay product I will rebuy.
The packaging isn't all that sanitary. You have to redip your hands in for the scrub. The second step is fine though.

I love how this smells and how my face feels after :)

You can get this for about $15 or less if you look and use coupons.

on 5/24/2013 1:31:00 PM

I couldn't live without this!!!!! It's amazing. It makes your skin feel soooo smooth. And it helps to fade the red marks that are left from acne. Incredible stuff.

One of my all time favorite repeat drugstore buys. Costs about $25 on average for 2.2oz of the dermabrasion crystals and 2oz of the activator peel serum. IMO this is pretty close to HG. I have tried countless others, and this does the trick for a lot less. I mainly use the scrub only and not the peel second step because I use RAM. I would love to try Exfolikate or Dr.Brandts Microdermabrasian and am curious how those work in comparison but haven't been able to take the plunge just yet :) Overall though, the Olay kit is a fabulous drugstore bargin buy.

UPDATE: I have now tried Exfolikate (.5oz for $22) (see review) and I still reach for this more. Part of the reason may be because the teeny tube of EK is so ridiculously priced, but I find I get similar results with the Olay Microdermabrasion kit (both scrub and peel) on my RAM off-days.

on 12/24/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin. I break out the minute I use something on my skin that it does not agree with. Worst of all I also had a lot of acne scars from my early teen years. It was dark red and really nasty. I had to hide my face a lot. I started doing some research on skin to see what products that could improve my skin condition. I came upon this product. I went on their website and I saw reviews from people that have used this for acne. I tried it and OH MY DEAR LORD it was worth every penny I spent on it. Normally I don't spend this much on a product (did I mention it was 32 bucks? D:) but I don't regret it the least bit. My acne scars aren't as visible as they used to be. They have dramatically faded and my skin feels so incredibly smooth. Not rocky road lane any longer. For it to take effect, be sure to follow ALL instructions as the box directs. It slowly takes effect so you have to be really patient. I know I wasn't. I thought it didn't work and I wasted 32 bucks on it. But my disappointment was short lived and I started noticing how soft my skin was and the clearer it became.

The microdermabrasion treatment in the small flat round container contains little crystals. It feels a bit rough massaging it on your face but I do love its citrus-like smell. Then you apply the step 2 peel activation serum, which smells lovely as well. You wait awhile and then you wash it off. I'd recommend this to anyone that needs some acne scar fading or just a good ol' facial. Because I can tell you, the minute I washed this product off my face, my face felt so REFRESHED and energized! I just love this product.

on 12/6/2012 3:54:00 PM

Thumbs up on this for a drugstore, not too expensive exfoliation system. I went through one kit and I've been without it for a few weeks and I find I'm missing it! I used to only use it about once a week or as needed if I felt build-up on my face. It's easy to use, smells and feels good, lasts a while. It's not a miracle product, the results are clean, smooth, lightly resurfaced skin. I'll rebuy until I find a perfect at-home peel system for me.

on 12/5/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this when doing facials on myself and I use it with the recommended serum. It did absolutely nothing for my acne scars but I will continue to use because it exfoliates wonderfully and leaves my skin baby soft!

on 11/24/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really love this kit. It always makes my skin so smooth and soft and just radiant! Its one of the few exfoliating systems that works for me, at least at the "drugstore" level. The only downside is that its very messy, and I'm never sure if I'm using the correct scrub to peel ratio, as I ended up finishing the scrub much sooner then the peel. I haven't repurchased in a while because I'm using professional strength peels at the moment, but, I think I will repurchase for maintainence once I acheive the results I'm looking for.

on 11/15/2012 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have combination skin, blackheads around my nose, very fair, and get new pimples on my cheeks and jaw about every 2 weeks. Alas, because I still get acne and my skin is very fair, while I have very smooth skin, I need a decent foundation to cover the scarring. So I bought this product in the hopes of 1. speeding up the removal of my acne scarring and 2. polishing my skin and improving it's texture (although not that necessary) as my skin is tough and loves a good scrub every so often.

I have tried using it as directed by Olay (scrub first, then lactic peel). I have tried using it with the peel first, scrub second (see review below about the scrub neutralizing the peel before it reaches your skin). I have even tried using a head of my toothbrush instead of my fingers to give myself a "at home facial" as suggested by Michelle Phan.

All in all, I used this once a week for 2 months. The last 2 times, I used it on my dec (see if it removed some layers of minor sun damage) and my arms (for KP). Using it on my body certainly increased how much product I used (duh).

The night after I applied this, I would need to follow up with the Mario B healing mask (to calm down redness) and massage a thick layer of moisturizer into my face (using a serum comprised of a blend of oils).

Results: my acne scarring has faded some, but because I still regularly have pimples, it's just a continual "clean up" job. While I have seen results, meaning my acne scars have shrunk in size by about 40%, I think my skin is tough enough to handle a stronger peel with better results.

This was a great first peel, but really I look at it as a very good exfoliation for drugstores. It just didn't seem to remove a layer of skin like a peel does, but it did seem to wake my skin up with a good scrub, especially when I used an electric toothbrush head to apply!

Another issue, that others have pointed out, is that I ran out of the scrub portion before the lactic acid part.

I am on the fence as to whether I would buy this again at this price. I wish I could get the scrub by itself, instead of having to buy the kit. I will probably use a home made sugar scrub instead, and try a stronger peel to have the faster scar removing effects I want.