December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Highlighters - Stila - All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I received several tiny samples of this with a Sephora Beauty Insider purchase, and I took it with me when I went to my 10-year class reunion. Hey, if there was ever a time for my skin to glow, it should be after seeing my high-school classmates, right! :) I used it after applying liquid fdtn (MUFE F&B), and before blush and powder...I just painted two stripes on my cheeks and blended them in, then dotted some on my forehead, chin and nose, and blended those as well. I didn't really notice much of a difference until later that night at dinner, when someone else's DH (!!!) told me my skin glowed. :D I save this product for special occasions so I haven't used it much, but if I ever run out of my little samples I'd probably hit Sephora and get some more. ;) I like this product a lot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Samples do work! I never had interest in trying this until accumulating a few samples of AOS #3--a few packets and tiny tubes. I love this product, but only use it mainly on my eye (brow bone or alone or over shadows), as I'm not a fan of shimmer on my face. However, it looks very natural on my face when mixed with my moisturizer. The color complements my medium skintone perfectly. I'd rate this a five if the full-size product came in a smaller bottle with pump, or if a handful or mini tubes were packaged in a set. As is, it's not the most portable or hygienic of products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I got this as a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora, and have used it for "going out" nights as a mix-in to my liquid foundation. A little goes a long way, and I am pleased with the look it gives me. However, the terrible packaging is enough that I wouldn't buy a fullsize, especially for the price. It seems to me that this stuff should be in a pump bottle or even a tube. I rather hate the nail-polish applicator. I suppose that some people would find this convenient, but since my purpose would be to mix it in with my foundation, for me not so much. I think I'm better off with my Vanilla pigment and moisturizer as a luminizer than re-buying this product. Nonetheless, this is a very nice product that does what it says it does, and gives the skin a believable, luminized finish. A good product. I just hate the price and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by zazzle86

Best highlighter product ever!! There is nothing bad to say about this at all! The gold shimmer is amazing! I use it to highlight my cheekbones, one the bridge of my nose, chin and on my cupids bow. I personally think its a bargain for the price you pay as it lasts ages!! The brush is similiar to nail polish brush what i tend to do is dot it on my face and blend it in rather than streak it as sometimes it can dry quick fast and you are left with a gold streak on your face. The only problem with the product is sometimes when you open it some of the product is round the neck of the jar and its become hard, I dont know if thats happened to anyone else but I just clean it off. A bit annoying as its bacteria can bread there but I use this daily so its never left like that for a long time. Otherwise I definately give this product a five out of five!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by amariethompson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

awesome!! I got this as a sample awhile back (running out now, so I have to actually buy it). I use it on my eyelids and under my eyebrows every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by vallerina5chu

I actually got this at the CCO near me, hence the rating on the price ... I use this to mix with my winter foundation to give me a dewy look, which looks great in photos. It looks as if I'm radiating from the inside out; it really enhances my medium complexion with golden undertones. My only complain is the weird nail-polish style dispenser. I would prefer a pump for sanitary reasons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a rule I'm not a fan of gold with makeup (my skin is neutral toned, so the only colours I usually have trouble pulling off are those at the extreme ends of the warm and cool spectrums, which are invariably golds and silvers), but as I love Stila's Peach Liquid Luminizer so much and the reviews here were so good I decided to take the plunge.
I usually just apply it around my orbital bone (I already use Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation so I don't need to mix it with my base). Application is really easy with the oversized nail polish-like bottle and the product blends easily and smoothly. The result is more of a glow than a shimmer which gives it a big advantage over powder highlighters which can tend to look glittery in artificial light.
The colour is a soft pale gold, so it's really flattering on me, and makes my skin look luminescent. This shows up more on my skin more than the Peach, especially on my brow bone, so I tend to wear it more for evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful sheer gold highlighter in a bottle similar to that in which nail polish is usually packaged. The little brush is awesome, because it prevents me from globbing on too much - I just put a little dab on my cheekbones, then blend in with my finger. It makes my skin glow without looking gaudy or glittery. There are no chunky particles in this, just a fine, pretty sheen. It also goes on right over my sunscreen without smearing it around or sheering it out, which is a problem I've had with cheaper highlighters. Basically, this is just a great product and I'd buy again if I ever ran out, which is pretty unlikely given the generous amount you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I mainly use this to highlight my brow bones. I love how it cools my skin. It's very soothing. The color is more silver than gold and is pretty sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this product! I mix a little with my foundation and it gives me a nice dewy luminous glow. Its beautiful of the eyelids, and I also really like to put some on my legs whenever I feel the need to show them off a bit. The color is also ideal for anyone. Its nail-polish-like packaging also really helps to make sure that you don't end up adding more than you really need (I had a sample pouch of this before, and although I liked the product, squeezing made it impossible to get just the right amount). This is a great highlighter for anybody new to contouring, too. Basically, anything that works well and is multi-purpose is good for me!