April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally, something that actually works.

My nails constantly peel and break, despite taking the right vitamins, using gloves to wash dishes, etc. Usually, I get at least one nail that breaks every few days, even using some super expensive pink gel stuff I got from Sephora that everybody seems to swear by.

I started using this as both a base and top coat (sometimes applying the Nails, Inc. Kensington top coat on top of that in case I'm in a hurry to get out the door) and it really, really, really works. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't had a single nail break on me. My nails are getting long without breaking for the first time in ages.

I only wish this came in a full sized bottle...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by xloveleighx

I bought this after reading all the great reviews on here. My nails were thin and would peel as soon as the whites of my nails started to grow. I've been using this nearly every day for about 6 weeks now. At first i didn't think it as working for me, it took about 3-4 weeks for me to start to see a difference in my nails. Now they are much stronger, they still occasionally peel but no where near as much as before. The product does tend to build up around the top of the bottle, but it can be removed with nail polish remover. The packaging says to apply one coat every day for a week, but i find it tends to peel off after about 5 days so i removed it and started again when it started to peel off.

I would definitely recommend this product, although it is quite pricey but it is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Good product. At first, I didn't think this was working. It takes time, effort and patience for this to work it's miracles. You MUST follow the instructions on the package. You have to apply one coat daily and not exceed more then one coat daily.
Description: Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus - Treatment for excessive, problem nails. Nailtiques nail protein was created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.
Directions: Apply daily. As nails respond, decrease application. Once nails have improved, return to Formula 2 until nails are healthy. Formula 2 PlusŪ may be worn alone or with color polish.
Experience: My nails are always weak, short and thin that break and peel. Rarely, do I have all nails with even, pretty and noticeable white tips. I find nail treatments that work for a while but only medicore because I will always break a nail or the product gets too goopy and it ends up being a waste. I can honestly say that this *holds breath* IS my HG for my problem nails. I purchased this products based on it's glowing reviews here on MUA. When I say this takes effort, you still have to do your part in protecting your nails such as using a cuticle oil and hand lotion daily, wearing cleaning gloves and filing any rough edges daily to prevent splitting. This review is special because I'm a person that did everything to get strong growing nails. I tried all the treatments, I took supplements, I ate certain foods and all to be left with crappy nails. I feel that Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus really is a miracle for my pathetic nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always had weak bendy nails that would chip off nail polish within literally an hour of putting it on. After going through a whole container (0.25 fl oz) putting a coat on every single day like the instructions say my nails are actually really strong! The aren't getting splits or peels as soon they usually do, now I can grow them out nice and long before I have to cut them, and I only have to cut them because they are getting too long and not because they are peeling! I had my mom get this too and her nails have always been worse than mine and now shes been able to grow them out for the first time in her life! It makes my nails whiter too. It works really well just for a nail polish base, it makes nail polish last much longer than with other bases. I recommend this to everyone who has had problem nails.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My nails were splitting horizontally at the sides. I used Formula 2 Plus as base and top coat, since Formula 2 wasn't helping. It seemed to work for a few weeks, but then my nails started breaking again. Nailtiques contains formaldehyde, which is drying, so that could be the cause. The strong odor could also be due to formaldehyde.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nails crack and always have. After starting to use this a few years ago, the cracking has stopped. It really is amazing and I highly recommend it. For pedicures, I use it as a base coat and for manicures I just use two coats. I only have to get my nails done every other week, so it has staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by cvalencia817

So I've been using this product for a week and a half and I've already grown white tips!! Something I've never been able to do on my own! I'm happy with this formula, and I think it even helped a little with my cuticles, not sure, but what I am sure about is that my nails look 90% better! ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Mita0309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product yesterday, so I cannot comment whether this works yet. I got this after reading the positive reviews. I was trying to decided between Formula 2 and 2 Plus. I had gotten an Axxium Gel manicure about 1.5 months ago and after removing it, my nails were horrible! They were thin and splitting apart. Even after 3 weeks after removing the gel and letting my nails grow without applying anything on them except nail oil to keep them moisturized they kept breaking and splitting. They were so weak that they would hurt when I used my nails/fingers for anything. I decided on Formula 2 Plus since I figured my nails were beyond just weak. I put on a coat last night before bed and applied a bit on cuticle oil around the edges to keep my nail beds from drying out. I was happy how fast it dried unlike regular polish. I washed my hair this morning and got dressed and by the time I got to work they were peeling pretty badly. But as others said I think washing hair or using your nails directly on things will make them peel regardless. I applied a coat right on top at work and the peels disappeared. There aren't any drastic improvements to the deep splits yet (I wasn't expected a miracle overnight but I figured atleast they should bond the splits a bit so they wouldn't snag that easily). I will use for a few weeks and see if there is any improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY PROBLEM - I always had nice nails but occasionally have an issue with reoccurring flaking and weaker nails on my right hand index and middle fingers. About a year ago the flaking became significantly worse and affected more nails. In addition, two of my nails were barely growing past the base. Finally, my right hand middle finger nail was constantly tearing about halfway down the nail bed, resulting in painful weeks of growing out and filing. After about 3 cycles of the middle finger nail breaking I finally bought this product (after a failed attempt with some Sally Hanson product and nail hardener).

Does this work? Absolutely! After about 7 weeks of use everyday my nails are almost perfect and growing beautifully. The worst nails still look like they could flake a little but have not and my nails are generally looking health, long and even. They're even getting the fake nail look! You have to use this product exactly as directed (there's a little insert in the box with directions) -

1) Everyday! For the first two weeks I was varying how often I used it and it did nothing. About 3-4 weeks after I started using it everyday I noticed a significant improvement. I usually keep the bottle by my bedside and put on a coat before bed. It dries very quickly.

2) You have to remove it every 3-4 days. I don't get peeling but it definitely starts looking crusty. Also, it makes your nail yellow but that is easily fixed by buffing the nail when you remove/reapply.

3) Try to not wear nail polish until your nails start looking healthy. The dual purposes of this are to give your nail breathing room and allow you to apply Formula 2 everyday (it has to go under nail polish). Now days I don't even want to wear nail polish because my bare nails look so nice!

Bottom line - It works and is worth the price if you use it everyday, as directed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No