April 17, 2014 | 1353 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They're okay. I have one in Rhubarb, a mauvey red. It's fairly pigmented, does last for quite some time, and leave a nice satiny finish. However, these are not hydrating at all. As per usual, with a product that contains beeswax as one of the first five ingredients, it locks in moisture rather than providing it. It has a sharp peppermint smell, which I don't mind at all, but some will hate. Mine won't twist down unless I put my finger on it and gently push down while I'm twisting. Overall, I will not be repurchasing simply because they're not hydrating. I do like the color selection though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Boodababe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only lip color I use. I have dry lips & this is moisturizing. I have the Cherry, Rhubarb & Raisin colors. It even stays on during my hour long yoga/pilates class in the swimming pool. Can't beat the price at $4.99!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by teitei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Watermelon color; don't be mislead by that name. It is a soft medium-colored pink...darker than mauve, lighter than plum. It works very well with my very fair skin and has just the right amount of shine. The only reason I'm giving 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the kind of overpowering peppermint scent and it also sort of tingles your lips a bit. I can overlook those qualities due to the fact that it is made from natural ingredients (contains no phthalates or parabens).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently threw out all my make up and went to all natural products. I picked this up in raisin on a hunch and I am glad I did. It's a great natural lipstick replacement. Love the mint feel, love how I can control the color density, don't love the dryness. Raisin happens to compliment my complexion and blue eyes very well and works great for all occasions. I may try other colors later. For now, I love using this for every day. I docked a lippy for sort if cheap packaging. My balm won't twist down. Just up. And I feel like it's a little on the pricey side.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by somedancer125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happened to get this product with one other Burt's Bees tinted lip balm at Wegmans for under two dollars. I normally don't like Burt's Bees lip balm because of the minty feel. Nor do I care for tinted lip balms because I find they don't even tint my lips. However, for a Burt's Bees and tinted lip balm this product is amazing! The color pay off in 'fig' is almost like a sheer lip stick and not a tinted lip balm. I have only had a problem with the minty feel when it has been cold and windy, but I can deal for the color pay off.

I knocked off one lippie because of the minty feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the Lip Shimmer in the shade 'Champagne' as a Christmas pressie. I have to say that the shade doesn't suit me well at all (this shade is light/frosty shimmer-ish).
The lip balm is VERY minty- which is something people tend to either love or loathe! Personally I'm not a fan of lip balms that has that minty tingling sensation, it just gets a little too toothpaste-ish for my taste! :)
My lips don't appear any softer after having used this balm, so I'll stick to my old ones instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this product in watermelon and guava. My favs. I have one in every handbag and use them in the afternoon when my lippy has worn off. Gives great colour while making my lips soft. A must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ohthatskatherine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in champagne. It is just glitter in a stick form. It doesn't feel super pleasant on the lips and it feels almost gritty. Definitely not something for someone who has dry lips. The only thing I like is the mint smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. I own several of them, and my favorites are Cherry, Fig, Rhubarb, Papaya, and Nutmeg. I'm not a fan of the frostier pinks like Watermelon and Guava, but maybe they'd look good on you! I really wanted to love Raisin, but it's so opaque that it looks streaky and uneven on my lips no matter what I do. They leave a nice minty sensation and scent behind when applied, are hydrating and long-wearing, and many of the shades are very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ammyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is like literally the best thing ever. i'm almost obsessed with lip products and i love this so much ! it looks really sparkly, shimmery and pretty and it moisturizes my lips! it feels like carmex or burt's bees normal lip products where it feels like your lips are sort of minty. (i have the champagne one) (: