L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

on 4/9/2014 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I use this color, #417 Peach Fuzz, and #754 Sugar Plum, as eye shadow, as concealer, and blush. Crazy, right?

Hear me out, ladies. For reference, I have NW20-25 skin, and these colors together look great, NEVER CREASE and last all day. And you will go months without using them up. Sound good? These three lipsticks, along with MAC studio finish concealer in NW20 and NW25, along with some chapstick and brow pencil are all I need. I have rosacea AND melasma, so I need cover, but have always hated the heavy feeling that I get with foundation. Believe or not, this does the job! You may need to experiment with the colors that work best for your skin.

My process:
1. After moisturizing and priming your face (hopefully your moisturizer has a sunscreen), apply a swipe of Peach Fuzz to your undereyes. Wait a few second and pat gently. This is especially important if you have dark undereye circles.
2. Apply MAC studio finish NW20 on your eyelids, up to the brow and in those dark inner corners. You can also use it down the middle of your nose, and lower forehead (area between brows and over brows. What's on your brow will serve as your base for what's to come.
3. Roll some MAC Studio Finish NW25 on your undereyes, over the peach fuzz lipstick. I am pretty sparing with this.
4. Dab your Studio Finish in NW25 on any areas of your face where you have redness or discoloration. Because I have rosacea and melasma, this is a step that I absolutely need to do. I also apply some on the "outline" of my face and down the sides of my nose, kind of a mild contour, if you will.
5. Apply the Fairest Nude lipstick to your eyelids, up to the brow, and blend. This gives the most beautiful nude pink glow to your skin. It never creases, and it lasts until you take it off.
6. Apply the Sugar Plum lipstick to your cheekbones, and blend.
7. Do you brows, curl your lashes and apply mascara, if you choose.
8. Apply chapstick to you lips. Apply lipstick on top, if desired.
9. Spray and set (I use ELF setting spray).

Once you get it down, this is very fast, and the products fit in a small makeup bag. So far it is the most natural look that I've been able to come up with that also minimizes my skin discolorations. The Studio Finish can get a little pricey; however it's slightly cheaper on Ebay ($15) and one of those little pots will last you for months, easily. You can "subscribe and save" on the lipsticks, which brings their cost down to about $6 each, and they will also last for months.

on 3/19/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted this. so freaking badly. I hardly wear nudes actually, and I see how hard it is for a nude to be 'right'. I previously bought Nyx Pure Nude and it just was NOT doing it, so I returned it. This looked nice in swatches and was highly regarded, so I waaaiiiteed for a good sale and picked it up. I *am* happy with it, but since nudes are so tricky I will pick on a few things. It's not concealer-y, which is great, but because of that, it's also a subtle nude. It's kind of like a MLBB, and either I have dark lips or it's just very taupey pink in itself that it almost doesn't show. But at the same time, it does just enough to give a nude look without making me looking dead, and after all that is the challenge. Subtle but something....I almost notice it more from a distance than up close. This is a nice cream (my favorites) with a good consistancy. It's not dry or chalky overkill when you put too much BUT I still felt the need to blot or the lightness of it accentuates the lines in your lips and too much build up looks obvious. Again, issues with light lip colors. (I don't have to blot many corals for example, or some other shades, but do blot many reds and random other ones that are either too light or too thick.) Once you blot, you get that kind of matte settled-in look that isn't overly shiny or waxy like the Nyx one was. I'm not a fan of gloss, but this lip color is great because you can add it on top or have a more subtle shine-free matte look.

on 2/20/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have soooo many different lipsticks that I like, but this is the one I consistently come back to. Like others have said, it's a nude that has just enough color. It makes my lips looks naturally fuller. Most nudes wash me out, but this one doesn't even though it's pretty light. It's opaque, so I kind of dab it on. I'll put gloss on top if I want it shinier. Alone, it's just so pretty! Definitely worth a try, especially at this price. I see people hate the scent, but I love it! I pair it with au naturale liner, which I also love.

on 2/4/2014 4:24:00 PM

Really enjoy this!!! the color is really pretty, and honestly very flattering on olive/ tan skin! :)
this is the first nude that i truly enjoy. I find it is not very drying which is always a great thing

..the packaging looks really nice, but the cap only goes on at a certain spot, which can be annoying...also the smell is just horrible! D;
its like a classic plastic floral lipstick smell, and its quite strong!
feels super lightweight and doesnt transfer that much :)

on 2/2/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this bcuz so many YT beauty gurus rave about this lip color. I like the color just hate the scent. It reminds me of my mom's lipstick back in the 80's scent, that chemical scent. I would rather have it unscented than have that kind of scent.

on 1/21/2014 1:10:00 PM

I hate this lipstick! I'm sorry to bring down the ratings down but the colour did not suit me. It was my fault because I didn't test it out before buying it. I bought it since the reviews were so high on this. I don't have really pigmented lips and it made me look dead! even my boyfriend said "ew, you have the lips of a dead person". Maybe it will be well suited with smoky eyes but on a daily basis, with neutral make up, the colour did not suit me. On top of that, the scent is sooo hard to bare. I can't stand it! It's so strong that I had to wipe it off after five mins. I'll probably be throwing this away...I've been a bit lipstick obsessed lately and this was my first letdown :(

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite nude lipsticks. It compliments every skin tone nicely. It is not too pale or dark. This color can be worn with every makeup look, from the darkest smokey eye to the simple neutral eye. This lip color is your lip color, but better.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is literally the *perfect* nude for me. I've been searching for a nude lipstick to match my very fair skin for about 4 years and this is definitely the one. It is a lighter, pinky nude shade and it just looks so natural. It's a 'your lips but MUCH better'. The shade is super moisturizing, has a nice fragrance/flavour and goes on smoothly. My only complaint is that without a nude lip liner or clear lip liner underneath, the wear time is very underwhelming- maybe 2 hours if I'm eating and it's off in seconds if I'm necking. The colour is flawless, the formula leaves room for some improvement but overall I love it and I would repurchase!

I will give marks to L'Oreal on the color in their Colour Riche line but the formula could use a little work.
It's too greasy and really doesn't last that long so I can't recommend it. Plus it has the same smell as perfumed clay. Funny that Maybelline's Color Sensational line is the same but not surprising because L'OREAL owns it.

on 12/21/2013 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have warm-toned, light-beige but very fair skin. My cheeks have some brown freckles. I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes. My only gripe: my super pigmented lips. They are bright cherry red, all the time. I don't know why - my cheeks have no color and I can't blush. My lips are just very red.

My obsession with the nude lip began a few months ago. I tried every nude lipstick, balm and gloss under the sun. Too brown. Too pink. Too chalky. Just....not good.

But this babe? Nice job, L'oreal. The perfect nude. Cancels out the redness in my lips and leaves them soft, semi-matte, and flatteringly pale. The perfect shade, with a hint of pink - not too much. Not brown either. Just perfect. Plus, the packaging is too cute - a classic. Love. This is my go-to lipstick for the everyday makeup look. Xoxo!

Recommended for Medium Skin