September 17, 2014 | 1302 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by mcadams908

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on the reviews here and had high hopes for it, but alas, have been rather disappointed. I don't mind the smell too much - to me it's sort of like dried up grass or straw, but it doesn't bother me. And I do love the texture - it feels rather like mousse, is easy enough to spread and does soak in fairly well (I can't stand creams that sit greasily on my face!). The problem is, after almost a whole jar, it really hasn't made any difference to my skin that I can see. I guess I am a little less oily when I get up in the morning, which is a plus for me, but other than that...nothing. Sadly, my brown patches, large pores and fine lines are all still there. Am I being impatient? Do I need to use it for much longer in order to see results? I'd appreciate other reviewers advice on this, as I don't know whether I should bother buying another jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Maya05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading several reviews from this product, I wanted to give it a try. I have very acne prone skin, and my skin has several red marks left from past acne. I tried before several products such as Alpha Hydrox souffle, and they usually gave me good results at first, but after two or three months they stop working, maybe my skin get used to them.

I`ve been using Anew Alternative every night, for almost three months, and I still see these amazing results, my red marks are a lot less noticeable,and I use less concealer and foundation to go out than before. I dont mind about the odor, its kind of strange, but, after seeing the great results, it really doesn`t matter.

I must say I broke up a little, at beggining, but this problem disappear after a few days. I am definitely going to buy this again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

reasons i wouldn't buy again:
    * chemically nauseating odor
    * harder to spread than lard
    * causes breakouts
    * leaves residue/grease stains on pillowcase
    * no results
    (cheap price = cheap quality)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BellaDiva

I don't mind this product - I don't mind the smell, I like the texture and I can put up with the tingling effect because it goes away quite quickly. But I haven't seen enough results from this that I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by annie7270

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff STINKS - as in, gave me a full migraine within 15 minutes stinks. Avon describes it as a "natural, plant-based" scent but it has the stench of cheap, knock-off perfume to me. Whole Foods and Sprouts markets spell natural - all I could smell in this were chemicals.

I tried only once, and it did seem fabulously moisturizing - however I couldn't fall asleep with the horrid, lingering stench and ended up washing my face to get it off, only to find that my pillow was imprinted with the stench... flipped it over and was able to sleep but had to wash the sheets the next day to get rid of the putridness.

I would have loved to use this, but I wish Avon would make it scentless - it's really offensive! Not everyone wants to smell this!! And FYI - their day cream in the same line has a different but just as strong smell - stay away from it if you don't like overpowering, chemical smells!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by aki30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I have tried an Avon product (why dont they sell them at Boots anyway??) and I am pretty impressed.

I have been using this cream for about one month and its all results, results, results. From the second it goes on to the skin to the next morning when I find my skin nourished and fresh and very, very smooth with a much more even tone. I think i can also notice a very subtle lift effect. The improvement on pores and orange peel is great, never had this with any cream. I like the smell but really who cares!!! I have been using this with Avon's retexturising peel pads and with the combined effect I sometimes dont recognise my skin. It was full of deep, wide open pores and scars and its all disappearing fast. Wish i had known about these products earlier and not wasted money on prof. microdermabrasion and other stuff that nearly ruined my skin permenantly!

Word of caution, the cream can sting a bit on the application, for me it goes away in seconds and doesnt make my skin red but it might not be for the very sensitive skin. Otherwise buy away!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND IT IS SO INEXPENSIVE TO WHAT I WAS USING!!!! i used to work at a very reputable department store line and i have to say i am prefeing Avon results!!! It smells great but even better i am seeing real results with this i use the vit c serum ( whidch is also awesome) and then layer it with the night cream and my skin looks fantastic in the morning!!! I am so pleased

Update---UHHHH gross the smell totally grossed me out after a bit. Started gettting rashes (due to being Prego--not the products fault)Switched to Kinerase--love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, this line can be expensive, but I can always find it on ebay for half off. I LOVE anew alternative. I've used the SPF daycream for over three months, and now I've been using the eye and night cream for a month already. One, it doesn't break me out, it smells great, and it moisturizes beautifully! I have oily, acne-prone skin, but these products do not irritate me at all. I put it on my dry patches, and it feels like butter. I have not been able to find any other drugstore or high end product like anew alternative. I only have to replace the products twice a year, so the whole skincare system costs a mere $70-100 year, which is pennies compared to my makeup expenses:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by angelaj75

I am 32 and have always had oily acne prone skin. I also had some major sun damage in the form of dark patches around my nose and cheeks. I have literally tried EVERYTHING that there is out there to battle my acne and NOW the sun damage. Well, about six months ago I tried this product and over time it has brought tears of joy to my eyes. Never have I had skin as good as I have now. It has dramatically reduced my acne and after only the first month my sun damaged spots was gone. That amazed me the most. I know that for some this product can be too strong...but if it isnt...continue to use it especially for sun damage, because it took me along time to find a product that will work for me...and I finally found it. I NEVER go without makeup, but when my sis saw what my face looked like without it, she was so shocked. I got her some too so she could tryi it. That made me feel so good! I use it at night before bed only and it has changed my life! It works. Try it. It is worth the money it costs...and you can find it cheaper on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Anbreen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never liked Avon, before. Butm this IS the Holy Grail!

I have the WORST skin! It's super oily, with large, oil-blocked pores, and outbreaks of adult acne with pitted scars. I have rosacea, which leaves blotches and broken veins under my paper-thin skin.

After a month of use, wrinkles are much diminished, and my skin has "plumped up" significantly. The pores have cleared and shrunk, there are no more acne breakouts. The old scars have mostly faded. Almost all of the broken veins and all of the blotches are gone.

I no longer wear make-up, and I am mistaken for 15 years younger!

As for the color and scent-- I LOVE the woody, botanical scent. And, what's wrong with a sepia-colored skin cream? Do ALL skin preps have to be white?

It's WELL worth the expense, even of it wasn't available for much lesa on eBay.

I don't know WHAT I will do if Avon ever discontinues this! Nothing else has ever worked this well!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No