October 24, 2014 | 1692 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Heavenly Face Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

Uh, I can't believe I used this brush on my face. It's made of goat hair, which - ethics of the cosmetic use of animals aside - reacted with my skin, making it itchy and blotchy. I didn't even realize it was the brush until I switched to a synthetic, cruelty-free one. The brush also sheds, so I ended up having to wipe tiny goat hairs off my face. Hardly attractive and on second thought, also somewhat upsetting.
The brush is also completely over-priced at $30. For a much cheaper ($6-$10) synthetic alternative, I'd recommend looking into the Ecotools line.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't even know if I like how this brush works. I bought it a couple weeks ago and stupidly used it without washing it first. I got a nasty rash. So I washed the brush with shampoo. When it was dry, it smelled bad. So I washed it again. And again. It still smells bad. Will probably return it to ULTA if they let me.

Update: Brush definitely smells bad but the rash was probably caused by Ulta cheek color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

WOW- what a waste of money. This is your typical flat kabuki style brush. It does not blend very well and the hairs fall out a few very few days. I will not waste my money on this again. PS-I have the orange handle one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by evabigman

This use to be my favorite face brush and I still use it from time to time (when my HG face brush is drying- flattop buffer from Everyday Minerals). It provides good coverage and it's dense enough to really buff the minerals in. It can be a little scratchy but overall it's a good buy--I don't regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this today from a swap. As soon as I took it out, I went to wash it with my J&J baby shampoo and oh my....this brush sheds like none other. I think I washed it about 5 times already and it lost hair in equal amounts all 5 times. So far, I really regret swapping for this. I will wash the brush a few more times and see if that makes a difference. I would not buy this product.
_________________________________________________________
Edit: I have had this brush for some time now and I have washed this brush so many times that I have lost count. The brush still sheds like crazy. I am so disgusted by this brush that I don't even touch it anymore. As far as the softness of the brush,I do not feel this brush is soft at all. This may be due to the fact that it has been washed numerous times by me and the swapper I received it from. I own over 10 MAC brushes and this does not even compare to any of those in terms of softness. Please do not waste your money on this brush. There are many great brushes out there. Removing one lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

I <3 this brush. It's soft and great for light application of products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by SwtxSeri

This brush is amazingly soft even after many applications of cleansing ( which is a must have in good quality brushes). I use this brush to apply my powder and it blends the power into my skin so evenly and it is amazingly soft!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is the best! So soft & silky. Don't even bother with the face brush in the starter pack, this one is the best for even, buildable coverage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by user1988

I bought this originally because the girl that did my makeup at sephora used this to apply my BE makeup. I returned the foundation but kept this brush, one day I was out of time so used this brush to apply my liquid foundation. I love it for that very reason, it quickly applies foundation evenly and flawlessly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

This is one of the softest BE brushes for applying minerals. Reminds me a lot of Stila's #21 brush in size and shape, but this one is goat hair and Stila's is sable. Stila's is about $15.00 more expensive and is now very hard to find. The Heavenly brush by BE is a good substitute. If you want a little more coverage when applying minerals, try this. Also this brush is good if your skin is sensitive. I wonder if sometimes it's the brushes and the buffing that makes people's skin itch and not the bismuth oxychloride. I gave this 4 lippies because my brush shed initially. EDIT 6/25/2009. After I washed this, it shed even more and emitted a black dye - I had to wash and wash and wash it until it finally stopped bleeding. It also lost it's softness. I ended up throwing it away! Very disappointed.