Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my FAVORITE foundation brush. It's highly versatile. I use it dry for an everyday look and wet for times when I will be wearing makeup for an extended amount of time. The bristles are very soft...feels almost like a feather grazing my face. The coverage is much better than the kabuki or any of their full flawless brushes their starter kits come in. If you really want to invest money into a nice foundation brush for your BE foundation, this is the brush to get! I do admit that the price is a little up there but it's such a good brush, I don't really mind. Just make sure you sanitize your brush after every use and deep clean it with a gentle brush shampoo at least every week. I also JUST realized that the brush that they are selling now is black...I don't know if this has anything to do with the bad reviews lately but mine is made with light goat hair. I bought this about 2 yrs ago (I think) and it hardly EVER sheds. Really! I guess I don't know if I'd buy it again in the future if the new black goat hair one sheds as much as people are saying on here.

on 1/24/2010 4:29:00 PM

Uh, I can't believe I used this brush on my face. It's made of goat hair, which - ethics of the cosmetic use of animals aside - reacted with my skin, making it itchy and blotchy. I didn't even realize it was the brush until I switched to a synthetic, cruelty-free one. The brush also sheds, so I ended up having to wipe tiny goat hairs off my face. Hardly attractive and on second thought, also somewhat upsetting.
The brush is also completely over-priced at $30. For a much cheaper ($6-$10) synthetic alternative, I'd recommend looking into the Ecotools line.

on 12/10/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't even know if I like how this brush works. I bought it a couple weeks ago and stupidly used it without washing it first. I got a nasty rash. So I washed the brush with shampoo. When it was dry, it smelled bad. So I washed it again. And again. It still smells bad. Will probably return it to ULTA if they let me.

Update: Brush definitely smells bad but the rash was probably caused by Ulta cheek color.

on 10/6/2009 2:18:00 PM

WOW- what a waste of money. This is your typical flat kabuki style brush. It does not blend very well and the hairs fall out a few very few days. I will not waste my money on this again. PS-I have the orange handle one.

on 9/11/2009 6:21:00 PM

This use to be my favorite face brush and I still use it from time to time (when my HG face brush is drying- flattop buffer from Everyday Minerals). It provides good coverage and it's dense enough to really buff the minerals in. It can be a little scratchy but overall it's a good buy--I don't regret it.

on 8/13/2009 7:26:00 PM

I received this today from a swap. As soon as I took it out, I went to wash it with my J&J baby shampoo and oh my....this brush sheds like none other. I think I washed it about 5 times already and it lost hair in equal amounts all 5 times. So far, I really regret swapping for this. I will wash the brush a few more times and see if that makes a difference. I would not buy this product.
_________________________________________________________
Edit: I have had this brush for some time now and I have washed this brush so many times that I have lost count. The brush still sheds like crazy. I am so disgusted by this brush that I don't even touch it anymore. As far as the softness of the brush,I do not feel this brush is soft at all. This may be due to the fact that it has been washed numerous times by me and the swapper I received it from. I own over 10 MAC brushes and this does not even compare to any of those in terms of softness. Please do not waste your money on this brush. There are many great brushes out there. Removing one lippie.

on 6/3/2009 5:19:00 PM

I <3 this brush. It's soft and great for light application of products.

on 5/13/2009 8:26:00 PM

This brush is amazingly soft even after many applications of cleansing ( which is a must have in good quality brushes). I use this brush to apply my powder and it blends the power into my skin so evenly and it is amazingly soft!!!

on 5/11/2009 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush is the best! So soft & silky. Don't even bother with the face brush in the starter pack, this one is the best for even, buildable coverage!

on 4/30/2009 2:12:00 AM

I bought this originally because the girl that did my makeup at sephora used this to apply my BE makeup. I returned the foundation but kept this brush, one day I was out of time so used this brush to apply my liquid foundation. I love it for that very reason, it quickly applies foundation evenly and flawlessly.

Popular Makeup Brushes