Hard Candy 10 Years of Gloss

4.4

on 4/10/2006 11:39:00 AM

This is a pretty, sheer, neutral pink gloss that smells divine -- really like lemon/vanilla/raspberry cake. And the huge, glam pot is oh so tempting. The gloss itself, however, is really average. It will stay on my lips as long as I'm not eating or drinking anything, but after a few sips of soda or bites of a granola bar, it is almost all gone. For someone like me who is constantly drinking and snacking throughout the day at work, this is not exactly ideal -- anything I wear on my lips really has to have at least some MINIMAL level of lasting power.

on 2/23/2006 4:10:00 AM

My best friend got this for me at Urban Outfitters for $2 and I love it. I have medium warm Asian skin and this is the perfect warm, sheer pink with subtle gold sheen and it tastes and smells like candy! It's also a big .49 oz jar with a sweet blue heart shaped jewel on the lid. SO COOL! I was about to give up on Hard Candy stuff because it seems cheap and corporate ever since the original owner sold it (she now started Goldie). I have renewed faith in this line. LOL.

on 2/20/2006 10:34:00 PM

I was very surprised at how much I love this gloss. I really wasn't expecting it to be as big as it is.
I can't stand bad smelling glosses, but this scent is perfect. It's a cake batter/vanilla smell that reminds me of MAC lipglass. It's not too strong and sugary, and there's no chemical smell at all.
The gloss itself is very pigmented. I do wish this had a mirror in the lid, because it's easy to over apply this one. You only need a tiny dab or you get frosty 80's Barbie lips.
Normally I like sticky glosses for their staying power and moisturizing feeling, but the slickness of this is great. My lips feel moisturized, and the color lasts a decent amount of time.
The only thing I don't like is the tub. I hate using fingers or a lip brush for application. Oh well though, I would definitely buy it again.

The packaging on this is incredibly adorable! I love the big heart on this! The product is alright, cute color and smells okay (I'm still on the fence about the scent). Unfortuantly, I'm not a huge fan of finger/lip brush applied lipgloss, but this is still very cute.

on 1/25/2006 5:24:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely fabulous! Really. First off, the pot is huge! It is 0.49 oz. and just to do a size comparison, a NARS lip lacquer is only 0.14 oz. The pot is also really cute. It has a flat top with "Hard Candy is Yummy" written around the edges in sky blue. In the center there is a large faceted blue heart gem. The product itself is a medium, neutral toned bubble gum pink shade...with shimmer. Last, but not least, it smells devine! I think it smells like cake batter, marshmallows and strawberries! Absolutely delicious! This is supposed to be limited edition to commemorate Hard Candy's 10th Anniversary. So, I bought a backup already...and at only $10, it is affordable enough to stock up!

on 1/24/2006 1:04:00 PM

This gloss is awesome!!! It smells AND tastes amazing...better than anything I have ever tried. It really is like cupcakes or something. The color is like a candy/bubblegum pink. SOOO pretty. It comes in the cutest container and is dirt cheap relative to the amount of product (You get a TON). I really think this gloss WOULD last me for ten years. LOVE IT!

on 12/27/2005 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

10 Years of Gloss is just too cute. The big blue heart shaped jewel on top reminds me of the projects you would make in school that were decorated with glitter and little plastic jewels (like cardboard picture frames, greeting cards, and such.) The gloss itself is very nice. It is smooth, non-sticky and that perfect medium thickness that I enjoy. The colour is great too, shimmery candy-Barbie pink that is much more flattering than it sounds. What I most enjoy about 10 Years of Gloss (besides its exceptional value- $10 for a 14g pot!) is the lovely scent. Some have called it cotton candy, and the packaging describes it as being cake, but to me it smells like yellow cake with raspberry filling and vanilla frosting with a hint of lemon. Absolute deliciousness! If you have not picked one of these gems (literally) up yet, run out now, I believe 10 Years of Gloss is limited edition. You will not be disappointed if you’re a lover of gloss (and cutesy things :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE 10 years of gloss!!! first, the packaging is just so cute! second, its such a great price!!!!! third, i LOVE the color. yes, it really is a barbie-like pink, shimmery (not glittery). very light, non-greasy, easy to apply. i do agree with another MUAer that its a very "sexy" color with the light shimmer. its innocent and sexy at the same time and i love that! it smells great as well. but be careful about what eyecolor u use with it! im wearing stila shadow pot in mist today. i used 10 years of gloss just for kicks, and turns out that the shimmer in both products are competing with eachother, not to mention that this barbie-pink doesnt go well with the grey/purple color of stila's mist. if i wear this 10 years of gloss, i will definitely use a neutral color eye (oppsy!) even though the gloss goes on so light and sheer, it just commands so much attention that for some reason i have to downplay my eyes. overall i love this and will repurchase if i ever run out! i heard its limited edition because of hc's 10 year anniversary. make sure to grab one while u can!!

on 12/11/2005 12:31:00 PM

I love this lipgloss! I really love the pink-coral color and the fact it smells like cotton candy. This is a very large pot of gloss for only $10. Great buy!

on 12/6/2005 6:09:00 AM

I couldn't believe how big this was when I first saw it. The pot is HUGE (I think it is even bigger than the BB lip balm tin) and the jewel on the lid is soooo cute!(though it makes it look a bit like an accessory that is included in a doll) The gloss itself is slick texture, not sticky at all. It glides on very easily but doesn't last that long. Which is why I gave it 4 lippies, and it also isn't very much pigmented. It only added a very slight hint of shimmery pink, but then again maybe my lips are more pigmented than other girls. I love the shimmer(NOT glitter) in it. Considering the amount I get, I'll probably never run out since I have about 30 other glosses, but if I do run out, I'll repurchase it. :)

Recommended for Medium Skin