Lancome L -extreme Mascara

3.7

AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PALMITIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TALC, PTFE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, MYRISTIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, RAYON, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN, PANTHENOL, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, ACRYLATES/VP COPOLYMER, BHT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

on 12/4/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about two weeks. I switched over from Virtuose, because Virtuose was giving me a lot of volume (which I already have), but not enough length. Ehh, I like this mascara, it's good. But I can't help feeling that it's not the best I can do. The Virtuose dried out pretty quickly, but then again, it was a drier formula. I use the white primer part from L'oreal Double Extend, and then I use this on top of it. This can look really clumpy if not applied well. I don't know, it does give some great length, but to do so, I usually apply a coat and then about half an hour later, apply another one. A third coat later on really pops, but it's just too much work.

on 11/16/2011 12:26:00 AM

This is a good mascara in comparison to other Lancome mascaras and similar products in Dior and other brands. It is liquid enough to work in layers but it dries out quickly. If you have a lot of lashes this may not work for you unless you have naturally curled lashes. This mascara is good for length but does not hold curl very well. In addition, I would recommend dabbing some translucent powder in the under-eye area because the mascara may leave black residues after few hours.

on 11/11/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have short dark lashes that need lengthening and body. This does both. (as compared to Lancome Definicils which just gives length). This is my favorite mascara and I pair it with the lash primer Lancome sells. Lancome mascaras never flake off and land on your undereye, and they come off easily with remover.

on 6/20/2011 3:11:00 AM

Got this for a birthday gift from bff who knows I am a lash fanatic. Apparently a counter lady talked her into buying this. Totally not worth the money she paid for it... it smudges and does not hold curl. I have medium length straight asian lashes and it is very important for a mascara to hold its curl to brighten my eyes. It is definitely a better product than most drug store brands but there are way way way better high end mascaras and drug store mascaras out there.

on 6/15/2011 10:28:00 AM

I have limp, tiny Asian lashes and L'Extreme does wonders for lengthening them! I have the waterproof formula, and it's the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't give me the dreaded "raccoon eyes." They don't do much by the way of volume, but I usually wear it for work, so no need for full, dramatic lashes. The formula is thick, but not so thick that you cannot layer it a bit to add more drama before going out after work.

on 6/13/2011 3:51:00 AM

LOOOOOOVE this mascara. For the reviewers that commented on the lack of volume and therefore did not give it the highest rating please note that this NOT FOR VOLUME mascara. This is for LENGTH and it does deliver. I used my Shu eyelash curler and a coat of this mascara and it was fabulous. For evening or going out I do the same thing but do two coats of this and a coat of volumizing mascara and wow, I really get the false eyelash look. I have been asked twice already if I had false lashes on and I was so proud to indignantly say "NEVER" ! Remember to do the lenghtening coats first then the volume mascara for spectacular results.

on 5/30/2011 4:57:00 PM

I like this even better than Hypnose Drama which used to be my favorite. This does everything where Hypnose Drama only adds volume. The one lengthens, adds volume and curls my lashes. The length it gives them is very noticeable. Love it!

on 5/8/2011 10:24:00 PM

This is a good mascara, but when you take it out there is so much clumps!

on 5/2/2011 3:12:00 AM

Meh. The lengthening 'sticks' don't really adhere to lashes and I get a better lengthening effect from bourjois coup de theatre 2 in 1, or maybelline lash extensions mascara. This is an OK daytime mascara with one coat, not v dramatic. But it ends up massively clumpy if you layer. Think this will be my last foray into high end mascara once and for all.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

THIS is so far my HG. this mascara makes my lashes look fake. That is the look i try to achieve. My lashes are already thick and curly,but i longed for length and intense black, and this mascara gave it to me. It has superior stay power with out with out a primer. If you are looking for high drama lashes this is it. my only problem is the cost and the fact it so hard to get off... it takes awhile for me to get this off.