October 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Cleansers - Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford - Skin Softening Cleanser ( aka Nettoyant Adoucissant)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thiagotbjj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!! The downside is I cannot buy it in the store :( I have tried to replace it with Cetaphil but it is not the same. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin so soft. I really think it has helped with my breakouts too. It is a little different then I am used to because you use it on a dry face and wash with a warm washcloth or just tissue off. Took me a little getting used to but once I did I was good to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lsmith9898

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. I wear face and eye make up everyday and it does remove my makeup. I massage it on my face dry and use a wet washcloth to remove the cleanser and it does remove everything. I tried putting it on my face while it was wet and it did not work as well. I also have oily acne prone skin and I have noticed a difference in my complextion. You dont know how happy I am. I can finally say I am done buying cleansers that dont work. Fingers crossed that they dont bump the price up. It is expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Nelliebelle1197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered this on a business trip, alone in a hotel without my baby! They got me at a weak moment. I haven't tried most of the products yet, thus the lower rating, because they are apparently on back order. However, the customer service thus far has been great. I haven't had to sit on hold at all when inquiring about my order, and they overnighted me without charge the small bottles of cleanser and night moisturizer. The packaging recommends using the products every other day if skin may be sensitive. That's what I am doing, just in case. I am happy thus far and will update when everything else comes in (if it ever does).

UPDATE: Still haven't gotten my stuff but the customer service line has been great to me. They are sending me another sample pack 9.02.08.

11/08/08
Have been using for about 6 weeks. Products are not worth the wait other customers are reporting or the price for quality. I love the way the cleanser and toner make my skin feel, but the moisterizers are so so, and I hear that the company is sooo far behind on shipping. You can get twice as much in a Philosophy kit for the same price and actually get it delivered.

1/11/09
Do not buy this junk. Kept wanting to like it because I fell for an infomercial! But my normally great skin was decimated by this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by curren3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cleaner. A reveiwer commented that it was like cetaphil which it does feel like, but it has different ingredients and works way better. I am not a cetaphil fan. The way you use the cleanser-on dry skin-in similar. But, although this cleanser is really gentle feeling, it rinses off really clean and doesn't leave a film, just soft nice skin. I have not tried with make-up, but I think it would be good for that. The smell is ok...it seems unscented to me. The 30-day supply size squeeze bottle sometimes shoots way too much out, which is frusterating. I have not tried with a washcloth yet, as suggested in the instructions for exfoliating, but I think that would work well. This cleanser has been fine without a toner (which is available after you have ordered your first time, through the catalog, to add to future shipments). I don't know if I will try the toner in the future or not. On a side note, that is so annoying about Guthy-Renker- you can't see the full product line until you order and get the catalog..the website is just an ad for the one special offer. And, you can't check your account and customize online. When I asked the people on the phone, they were kind of vague and said yes, I could do that, but there is no link to log-in etc. But, the products are amazing so far, so I can deal with that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I have one major complaint about this whole product line - IT'S NOT MOISTURIZING ENOUGH. This cleanser, specificially seems pretty average to me. Kinda drying and just not something I would repurchase again. I recently tried the Reclaim line, and not only do I like the entire line better, but I like the cleanser much better than this one. The Meaningful Beauty line ruined my skin and it's still recovering from it's dry scaliness. Dry skinned girls beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pethikemou

i have used the whole meaningful beauty line for over 6 months now and the night fluide is my favorite product. cleanser is also awesome - removes all my makeup in one easy step and even though my skin is on the oily side, it cleans it completely and gently (my only complaint is that they just changed the delivery of this product from a pump dispenser to a flip top cap - i liked the pump better). my nose used to be covered in blackheads...now they are completely gone and my pores are noticeably smaller. my whole face feels more firm, smooth, clear, and glowing. the masque is good too, really refreshing. the day fluide is a little on the greasy side though...i am considering just using the night fluide under my makeup for daytime too. okay, now for the eye cream -it stings my eyes! i don't mean the just the skin around my eyes, i mean it gets in my eyes and it really smarts!!! i am careful when applying it, but somehow it almost always seems to wick into my eyes and causes redness, tearing, and burning. it also does not seem to mousterize this area well at all! i am currently experimenting with some other products for my eye area (clarins, lancome, arbonne). so - except for the eye "cream" i LOVE this product line - best facial skin care i have ever used!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by AnnieMay

I adore this cleanser. It's my go-to daily cleanser because it's so gentle and not drying at all. It totally removes makeup, but doesn't strip my skin. I use the entire Meaningful Beauty line and this has to be my favorite product in the kit (I also love the mask as well).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am sensitive to this product, it burns around my nose and lips severly, so I can't use. But the one time I used it I was light and silky, cleansed well, and I thought it smelt gorgeous. I think this range is more for normal to slighty oily skin, dry skins will definitley need more moisture than this. NOT for sensitive skin like mine, the AHA's are strong! The white bottle with the purple writing and silver pump was so stylish I wanted to like it...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The cleanser was okay. I like the DHC oil cleanser better.
Nothing in this line did much for my skin, except make it more dry, because the lotions aren't moisturizing enough for dry skin. It didn't make me break out, which is a huge plus.

I dropped my rating to a 1 because of their customer service. They make it seem easy to get a refund, but they gave me the runaround. I ordered the package online through the website, so I went online to cancel the package. It gives you a phone number or an email to do so. I emailed them to cancel my membership and asked that they send me instructions for returning what I had. After a few emails, they never responded, and sent the big package anyway, and charged me for it. I emailed them a few more times, and threatened them, all with no response for a month. I finally called, and they said that you can't cancel online, you have to call. Why did it give me that option, then? Then she tried to tell me that it was too late for me to get credit back on the first package. I verified that it was a 60-day guarantee, then asked her the date I received the package. It WAS within the 60 days.
It was a huge pain in the ass, and they were very snotty about it.

Terrible customer service, and a high price for a mediocre product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Sevign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE! I think the best cleanser I've ever used. Now, this may just be for my skintype but I love it. Love the whole line. I was not expecting it to be this good of a line. I really thought at best meadiocre and at least a change in skincare routine,(of which I am a big believer and doer of and therfore tried beyond belief of product lines), of which I'm alway's on the prowl for the next. I was flippin' blown away by this cleanser it leave's my very dry sensative skin clean and so soft with the absolute best light fresh scent,(not fragrance...just kind of Kassaba melony like?), it does even take of my water/weatherprof mascara although beit a couple time's but it leaves my lashes very soft and supple which makes it now possible for me to wear water-proof mascara daily.
Even the neck/decllotee cream is fabulous. I think the eye cream/gel is the best I've ever used and I have used $200ea types this is 100% better than any of those ever were. I just hope they keep selling this line?
BTW I got my meaningful beauty from European market so, I dont' know if there is a bit of difference visa/vie factories where there made causing a difference in product??? Just throwing that out there :)