NARS Honolulu Honey

4.1

on 1/20/2011 5:39:00 PM

I seriously love this. Great coverage and pigmentation. It's the perfect daytime peach nude color and goes with every look. I love that it isn't too dry but not too creamy either. It has great staying power. This is one of my favorite lipsticks!

on 1/10/2011 8:54:00 PM

I really love this color. i love more peachy/slight orange toned nudes rather than pinks and this is my favorite everyday lipstick!
at first i was a little disappointed b/c it looked like nothing on my lips but i realized that it nudes it out but doesn't look overly nude AT ALL.
also, precaution is that you have to be careful b/c it's a bit on the dry side so if your lips aren't well chapsticked and moisturized, it's gonna look really crappy.
I think I would definitly get this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really beautiful peachy-apricot nude colour. However, the texture of this lipstick is very thick and a little bit dry; it's simialr to Revlon's matte lipsticks, even though NARS claims this is only a half-matte finish. My lips are sensitive and have a tendency to become irritated if they are too dry, and this lipstick accentuates any flaw you have on your lips. If you don't have any problems with dryness or peeling than this could work for you.

Also, I'm a NW20 and this shade in certain lightings looks quite flattering: a peachy, slight orange tinted nude, however in other lightings this can take on a dull, almost grey tone and completely wash me out.

Regardless, of lighting I can't imagine such a pale shade being flattering on anyone who has more pigmented, or like me, rosy lips to begin with. This could work if you have a darker skin tone, or if you are porcelain?

I must say the packaging is very young and chic in an industrial sort of way. It's a different kind of "luxury", very New-York.

on 12/19/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I wanted to love this because the color is perfect for my skintone. However this lipstick didnt go on smooth for me. I don't have this problem with any other lipstick/formulation. I haven't had success with any NARS product that I have purchased except the Nars sheer matte which I am currently testing out; so far so good. Oh well,

on 11/30/2010 1:28:00 PM

My perfect peach! At first I thought this shade is way too pale but when I saw my photos wearing this with MAC's Ember Glow layered on top.. t'was just phenomenal. I'm now crazy 'bout this and is super thankful that this is easily available from my local NARS counter. Would repurchase once done with my tube! Love love!

on 11/23/2010 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Finally bought this during Sephora's VIB sale and so glad it has worked out on my NC30-ish skin! Have to agree with previous reviewer's excellent review as this too shows on my lips more peachy than ash beige like most "nudes." I love to pair this with fully lined eyes and my lips are downplayed but without that sickly cast or looking too retro...hmmm, now I'm curious about the other famous nude, belle du jour.

on 11/15/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am an NC42 with warm yellow undertones. Nars describes this lipstick as a 'flesh toned beige'. It's a satin finish so it's more long wearing.

On my pigmented lips this colour shows up as a beige with peach undertones. It covers up the pigmentation in my lips really well, without leaving a brown or muddy cast and for my complexion this is a true nude. I love it and would highly recommend it for NC42's and higher. I think it may look orange-ish if you're any lighter.

I've tried out a few other nudes recommended for my skin tone by different brands, but none have really worked out for me.
Mac-Cherish: very beige with brown undertones on me . Makes my face look dull. Quite cakey too.
Mac- Freckletone: Peachy beige, would look fantastic on lighter skin tones. Makes my lips look a bit muddy.
Nars- Belle du Jour: No regrets buying this. Looks fantastic, but that's another review!

on 11/5/2010 7:39:00 PM

I haven't been ble to ever purcahse a color closest to nude because it wouldn't go very well with my skintone but I accidentally came across this color and loved it!!! I would definitely buy it again even though I think it's a bit pricey for a lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

nw 45 here! because ima NARS junkie and love all his products this is def my daily lipstick. paired with giza and u got the perfect nude lip! worth the $$

on 9/15/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I discovered this one trying to swap for another Nars Lipstick (cat-fight which I still want) that would be nude. traded for this one and my only downside on this is the price . OMG that's a lot for a former drugstore Diva . anyway the color is lovely though you will probably have to play with it a bit if you are darker than say NC40 or so , I have to line it or cover it with my Jemma Kidd Pret a porter ( which is clear on me but makes this lipstick perfect) but it is very pretty , drying but makes that sexy Angelina pout . so over all i love this one . SWAPS anyone ?

Popular Lipsticks