September 2, 2014 | 1205 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by maraunmpiphi

I first tried Sheer Cover about 7 years ago, and I really liked it, but stopped using it primarily because I didn't like the automatic monthly shipments because when I would try to change the content of my order, it never worked, and they kept sending me my previous order, which annoyed me. Also, I am a very loyal user of a particular makeup brand, and when that company started offering a mineral powder foundation, I started using theirs. I did not like it nearly as much as Sheer Cover. I am 45 years old, fair-skinned with freckles and a lot of "splotchiness." I need good coverage. But, my fave brand's version of mineral powder foundation did not last the way Sheer Cover did. I started to think that a "woman of my age" needed liquid foundation, so I switched back to that, but I have very sensitive eyes that are easily-irritated and whenever I wore liquid foundation, my eyes would water incessantly and all of my eye makeup would disappear by noon. As a fair-haired woman with blonde eyelashes, eye makeup is critical! I do not have this problem when I use mineral powder foundation, plus it is so much easier to apply! My biggest dislike about liquid foundation is that it doesn't matter if you use your fingers or a sponge to apply it, about half of it gets washed down the drain. I have tried 3 other brands of mineral powder foundation, but none of them worked as well as Sheer Cover, so I went back to their website to order a kit, and I will try harder to customize the monthly order to better suit my needs (don't need their other products, just the foundation and maybe the concealer and primer.) I do like their other products, especially the eye shadows and lip glosses because they come in subtle, neutral colors which are age-appropriate for me, I just don't need to receive them every month. The automatic monthly shipments are the only drawback, so I am hoping the customization option will work better than it did for me previously. Also, their makeup brushes are really good quality and last forever. I still use the ones I bought 7 years ago, because you can clean them without half the bristles falling out!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't really impress me. Despite using a good moisturiser and primer underneath it looked really cakey on me. Usually powders don't work very well with my dry skin, however, I haven't experienced the same problem with my Nude by Nature loose powder.
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

No review but caveat re the 3 reviews below, they're fake. Either no other reviews or just another for Proactive. Similar language, yet dissimilar to language used in every day casual speaking. Read em' and see if your bs meter doesn't go ding, ding, ding!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by meswetaraj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I like to dress up in the best possible way every day and the mineral makeup I purchased from the Sheer Cover website helps me to look perfect. Earlier, I had thought that the Sheer Cover products wer very expensive but actually they are not. I tried sheercover for teh first time a few weeks ago after usung their online store and catching up the product at a great price. I would surely recommend to all you ladies

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Amyj94

I have fair combination skin, and I am very acne prone, my face has quite alot of reddish marks from spots and where spots have been. I ordered the entry kit from sheer cover in light that consists of the base perfector, the concealer in two shades light/medium, two mineral foundations in two shades bisque/nude, a colour palette, mascara, concealer brush and mineral brush. Price wise, for all of this, although you do not get large quantities, it's pretty good, it cost £19.99 however if you include delivery it's £25.94. So i'll begin with the base perfector, personally i really don't feel this does anything for me, infact my pores looked more visible by the end of the day when the makeup had actually melted away almost you could see my pores filled with conclealer...lovely. The concealer comes in a container with the concealers side by side so you can mix them to get the shade you wish which is quite handy, however the concealer does not feel light at all on my skin, they said it feels like you're wearing nothing...no, it feels horrible and it doesn't look like you're wearing nothing either, it's very cakey and thick and this also makes it difficult to rub in well and spread and makes the drier parts of my skin look and feel even drier. The mineral foundation itself however is nice and light, but it doesn't appear to do much, as far as coverage, i think that's mostly down to the cakey concealer...plus it makes my skin look flakey and dry especially in the eye area, which makes lines more visible, however that might be down to the mixture of both the concealer and mineral foundation together, but the mineral foundation alone, does bare minimum, it looks natural, but it doesn't have great coverage, not for my spot/red prone skin anyway, and doesn't last all day it, lasts a couple of hours out, my skin becomes all shiny and oily looking within a few hours and what's more it has actually made my skin break out even more, i put this down to be most likely the concealer though because it's quite clearly very pore clogging and cakey. I don't recommend this product for people with combination spot prone skin. I was very disappointed, they made out it was really good for red or spot prone skin, on tv it looked like it really made a difference, but I didn't notice anything, and it's just made my skin worse now :/. Silly me for believing what I see on tv! haha

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Sheng315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why people buy products from the company and get stick in the billing thing. I usually purchase off ebay or amazon bc there's no contract and the prices, although a little more expensive; I believe it's worth it.
Anyway, I wanted to start by saying I loveeee this product. I have oily, combination skin. And this product is best for that. If you're dry to medium combo, don't get this, you're better off using creams and liquids. Anyway, back to the product, i've read the ingredient list and it doesn't bother me about the bismuth, etc, people do worse like smoke, etc.
I'm Mac nc30, mehron celebre hd foundation in ME2, Nars Sheer Matte in Ceylan, and Loreal True Match in Sand beige or w4, for reference. In the sheer cover colors, I am latte in winter and buff in summer. Perfect color selection for me. Glides on smooth and doesn't settle in my pores. I also use C.O. Bigelow vitamin Boost afterwards to set and hydrate. This product does not break me out and in actuality neither does Bare Minerals. But I switched to sheer cover from using bare minerals for like 8 years. Been using sheer cover in the summer for three years and my skin has never been better. No cysts, no bumps or breakouts. I only get an occasional pimple from my period. Sheer cover is worth a try. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupmonarch17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to wear this but I switched because it didnt give enough coverage and felt hard on my skin so I switched to foundation. It was the first makeup I ever used and my Mum introduced it to me. I don't perticuarly like it but it is quite good for covering imperfections. What I hated about it was how long it took to be delivered. AROUND 7 DAYS! So I had to buy in advance if I was running short. I think that liquid foundations are better than powder but I think that sheercover are a company you can trust.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Cddam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair, dry, extremely sensitive skin and find that the mineral powders don't break me out like other foundations. It does a good job at covering my skin. I do agree with other reviews that it shows of pores and lines more so then liquid foundations. However with my skin liquids can dry my skin out more which leads to break outs for me. It also shows of my dry patches, but liquid foundations do that to me too. I've read reviews and tried both sheer cover and bare minerals, and I have to say that I prefer the sheer cover, to me it just felt lighter, but I think that it's an individual preference thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When you get your color shade correct, this is really a truly wonderful product. As a matter of fact, all of the products from Sheer Cover seems to be fantastic. I can't stand liquid foundation, I just can't tolerate it any more. As I spread that liquid across my face, I feel like I look like the joker. When I use sheer cover, it is so light and covers unlike any other mineral foundation I have tried. The whole shebang kit is great.

My only gripe, and it is a biggie- the fact that one has to go though obstacles to get your hands on this stuff. I usually turn to ebay because I hate dealing with the company. If they would sell this like bare minerals, I am sure their business would boom.

Like I said, extraordinary makeup. I always get complimented when I wear it. I work outside all day long. I wear this, it never melts. It looks better and better as the day goes. It doesn't even sweat of in the summer. But dear mauve, why is it so hard to get this stuff. I soooo wish they would do away with that damn order my mail crap and make it easily available.

I have slept in this, sunbathed in this (by the way, I sunbathed with this stuff on once, my whole body was sunburned but my face...so I know the spf holds up).

Well anyway, this is my favorite foundation of all time, but I just despise that I have to search ebay for what I need because I hate dealing with mail order club crap.

But the products are so good....guess I will just continue to go through the hurdles...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by janefrazer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is MEANT to cover flaws and minimise pores. It enlarges pores and wrinkles. It is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL I hate Sheer Cover.

Do not buy this product as you will be disappointed and broke.