Urban Decay Eyeshadow (All)

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/5/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderful colors to choose from, very soft and silky, and blend so easily!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm kind of torn on UD eyeshadows. While I do have some that I like a lot, there have also been so many disappointments. I have the Book of Shadows II as well as the Hotpants single. I love Homegrown and Misdemeanor the most, as they are highly pigmented, beautifully unique colors, easy to blend, and the staying power is good with a primer. Colors like AC/DC and Ecstasy, however, I found to be such a disappointment. I love purples and was excited to wear these, but they are too sheer. I have to layer and layer and even then I don't get the look I am after. Gunmetal is a lovely color, but I hate the glitter fallout. Sellout is nice as an inner corner color, but as a lid color it is chalky ...I was most disappointed in this one, because I had heard so many good things about it.

Overall, I do wear some of my UD shadows, but I probably won't repurchase. Stila is lightyears better for me-- more reliable and consistent, better lasting power and no glitter.

on 3/12/2010 2:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE urban decay eyeshadows...it's definitely my favorite brand of eyeshadow!!! The pigmentation and quality are amazing, the color range is beautiful, it blends wonderfully and it stays! I can't say enough about their shadows, especially the deluxe ones...those are the BEST!!! This would definitely be on my list of "if you could only pick one, what would it be..." I haven't had to re-purchase any colors yet because you get a lot of product, however if there was something I ran out of, I would not hesitate to purchase again!!

on 2/20/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! The colours are just amazing, and they last the whole day! I usually don't wear eyeshadow but when I do, I only use Urban Decay :)
I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!

on 2/4/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If I could only own one brand of eyeshadow it would be Urban Decay. The pigmentation is excellent and it lasts all day w/ UD primer. The shades are all either vibrant, shimmery, glittery, or have a beautiful sheen all of which I love. They do not test on animals and I love the packaging of the palettes.

on 1/23/2010 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got the book of shadows for a birthday present last year... I used to wear UD, especially in chopper and midnight cowboy all through high school. Now that I am in graduate school, it's simply too shimmery for me to wear during the day. I might wear it when I go out, but to be honest, I don't know if my skin changed or what, but every time I wear it I get flakes of glitter and sparkles on my cheeks (which is not a bad look, just not me!). The color payoff is good, but a little too shimmery for me. Without primer, not very long lasting.

on 1/22/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I simply love my smoke out ju-ju eyeshadow. I think its the perfect compact for a nature smoke out. You should definitely
try this product it is a great travel purchase with a cute package it comes with mascara, liner, shadows, and brush. I really don't use the mascara but I use the shadows a lot, I mix and match all the time.

on 1/19/2010 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This review is for the Absinthe eyeshadow that is an exclusive for the first Book of Shadows palette. (I am new to this site but it seems weird that I can't create a category.)

I love this color! It's a bright green with yellow gold shimmer that makes it very vibrant. It's very similar to Homegrown from the Book of Shadows Vol. II, though this is brighter in the pan. I'm actually really happy they basically repeated the color in the other palette because I don't want to run out of this! :P

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought the new Urban Decay Stardust eyeshadow in Atmosphere. I was very excited when this came out, since i absolutely LOOVEE urban decay shadows. Once i received it, i immediately fell in love with the color in the pan. However, when i applied it, it appeared very sheer, and i had to keep packing on the color in order to get a desirable amount. The shadow is buildable though, which is good. It is also not as pigmented as i would have wanted it to be. But, i do love that the glitter in the shadow does not get all over the place, as do their original eyeshadows. Overall, i love it, and I'm lemming for Griffith (:

P.S.-the packaging is unique and the way to open it is cool!!

on 1/14/2010 6:19:00 PM

In general, Urban Decay makes the best eyeshadows out there. They are very diverse in color. You can find everything from wear-to-work basics to the wildest, tackiest shades you could want. And they always have smooth, velvety textures and a lot of pigmentation. I used to be a MAC shadow aficionado but after being burned by many horrible shadows, I made the switch for good to UD. I never have gotten a UD shadow that was chalky, too sheer, or hard to blend. If you love shadows and variety as much as me, go for the UD.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products