April 18, 2014 | 1996 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Jelyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ALWAYS have this on hand. This product is so versatile. I use it diluted with water in a spray bottle in the shower to clean my piercings and fresh tattoos, to clean my makeup brushes, as nighttime wash for my nephew. I've even heard it makes a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sigi999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on line at iherb. I love it. A litttle goes a long way. I love that it is made of organic oils, and that it gets a very good safety rating online at ewg.org/skindeep, and it is lso evironmentally friendly. I use it as both a body wash and a face wash. As a face wash, use 4 parts water to 1 part soap, and dispense from a stainless steel foaming face wash dispenser. It cleans without drying. As a body wash, I just use a few drops. A little goes a long way. Do not expect tons of lather, as it does not contain lathering chemicals. I also use this to clean my make up brushes with great results. If you want to buy it on iherb, you get free shipping with orders over 20 dollars and no sles tax. You can use referral code NIB514 to get 5 dollars off your first order.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is amazing.
I'm a Vegan a major Girly-Girl, I'll be completely honest in saying it's very difficult to find high-quality and effective Vegan Beauty Products, Most soaps don't lather or clean, moisturize or smell good and are 3x as expensive with half the product.
This isn't the case for Dr. Bronners; I use this stuff in the shower, bath, on my face, as shave-gel and as deodorant(It works better than all the other vegan deodorants I've tried). It's saved me a LOT of money because I can buy one bottle and use it for SO much. It's only about $10 for 16oz and you don't need a lot at all so it's a major value.
It leaves my skin feeling so clean but doesn't strip it, it's great on my face (and my face is VERY moody) and it does keep me moisturized. I really feel good about giving my money to a really great company with ethics and principles I can respect. I'm really excited to try out other Dr. Bronners Products. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Easily the best smelling dr. bronner's soap. At first when I smelt it in the bottle, I thought it was too ick but when you dilute it, it smells magical. Squirt a bit in a bath and your skin will smell so delicious after wards.

The lavender smells super luxurious and is soothing and comforting. I use it to shower with and a tiny bit to wash my face, keeps acne away like no other.

The perfect bath mate and costs peanuts. Definitely HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I found out by using this product that I am allergic to lavendar oil. Using this diluted, my face and body broke out in a painful rash.

I love the peppermint, tea tree and the baby-mild Bronner's though and have had no issues using those.

I'm trying to use this up by washing the floors with it but I don't even know if I want to smell the lavendar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very finicky skin and Dr Bronner's soaps are just way too harsh for me, but I use the lavender version to clean my makeup brushes and it works great for that. I bough a small travel bottle and since you literally need about two drops to clean the biggest fluffy brushes, this is going to last me forever. I wet the brush, put two drops on my hand and then just swirl the bristles until there is a lot of foam, which I then rinse and repeat once, and then I'm done. Easy and fast.
The soap foams up very easily, it gets rid of all the grime in the bristles, it washes out completely and it smells nice to boot. :) I recommend this highly for your makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I alternate between this product and this peppermint-scented version of this soap. I use it for everything: body wash, shaving, shampoo.

It has a nice , natural lavender scent.

You can purchase it on iherb.com and use referral code KOP962 for $5 off your first order.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FishFam

I purchase the unscented or lavender version of this soap by the gallon!
I discovered it 3 years ago and now use it for EVERYTHING....to give my dog a Bronner's wet towel wipe down with a dab of Bronner's, to remove my make-up, to remove any protein or oil based stain from laundry, to wash my floors (hardwood) to make diaper or wet wipes for camping etc. etc. etc.
I love how it cleans. It is tough on dirt but it is not harsh and doesn't smell like cleaners or soaps with harsh chemicals.
I have found that it is not the best choice for shampoo as it tends to strip the hair color more quickly. I attribute that to its exceptional cleaning ability. :-)
It works like magic to remove grease splatters out on my BBQ, or add a dash to a bowl of water and microwave on high for 3-4 min. and then simply wipe out baked on food including cheese and eggs!

Ok, I went way past a beauty product review but I just couldn't help myself!

Don't be caught without this amazingly humble superhero of soaps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This stuff is amazing for cleaning my makeup brushes. I also tried cleaning my toilet and sink and it did a decent job and left my bathroom with fresh and pleasant smell. Since I'm so impressed with this cleaner, I'm definitely going to experiment as shampoo, body wash, laundry, and for dish washing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dr. Bronner's lavender liquid soap
My Skin type is Normal

I remember Dr. Bronner's way back when I first when to health food stores years ago. But I think I wasn't keen on it due to the smell. So glad they came out with Lavender.

Here's my review:
Texture: Foams up nicely.
Performance: Cleans well and seems to moisturize well as there is oil in the soap.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with snap top to dispense.
Odor: Clean scent of lavender.
Cost: Low to middle range.
Bought at: Lazy Acres (a local health food store)
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I use this to wash my body and shave my legs. It works so well. I do highly recommend this product.