October 25, 2014 | 1119 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Bronner's but I found that I had a bad reaction to this particular one (lavender). Even with dilution it made my skin extremely dry and I felt a slight burning.

That being said I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the tea tee oil one which is odd because you would think that the tea tree would be more harsh for the skin.

I will still use the lavender to add to my bath water or for cleaning my sink/bathtub (does an awesome job at this) but I won't use it when applied directly to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lavender is another favorite dr b's scent, along with citrus and almond. Use it for shower, mopping floors, hand soap, cleaning surfaces. A little goes a looooong way, because it's so concentrated and needs to be diluted with plenty of water, as all dr bronners do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

This is easily one of the best purchases I have ever made. Not only is this great as an all-purpose household cleanser (diluted in a spray bottle with water), it's gentle enough that I use it to clean my makeup brushes and to clean my face. At best, most cleansers I've used have done nothing to my face. This actually seems to help it. A few drops of this with some warm water ensure a thorough cleansing, which I do twice a day. I follow this up with Thayer's witch hazel and rose petal toner. Ever since then, my skin has finally cleared up, and my skintone has evened out dramatically, to the point where I hardly feel the need to wear my tinted moisturizer.

The smell of this soap can be a little strong, but I love the smell of lavender, so it's very refreshing to me. If used for washing your face, this can be drying on its own, so you must follow up with some form of moisturizer.

I've been using a travel-size bottle of this stuff for several months now. I carry it around in my bag frequently, and it's gotten tossed around a fair amount among all of my junk in there. The cap has never come loose, and in fact closes with a satisfying pop that reassures me the bottle is shut securely.

The travel-sized bottle I have (two ounces) has been used for several months now--at least half a year--and it's only half depleted. For as much as you get for the cost, this is a great deal, and when I eventually run out, I'll definitely repurchase, albeit a larger bottle. I'm glad to have found a more natural household cleaner without tons of chemicals in it, and I'm glad to have found a great face cleanser as well. I never thought I would be able to use one product for both of those uses though!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I consider this my HG makeup brush cleaner, as you only need a couple of drops to clean the brushes. I sometimes put a few drops in the bath when I want to relax at the end of the day, and my skin smells so nice when I get out. As you don't need to use a lot of this soap, one bottle lasts a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I think if you have sensitive skin, this is not the product for washing face. You give a trial washing for a few weeks though to see if it works for you. Initially it work great for my skin, although i do find it drying but with my cream moisturizer it is fine. I have been using that for months with occasional breakout, mostly during the time my period is near. But with this lavender liquid soap and the moisturizer, it causes slight rashes like on my forehead, my nose and alittle on my cheek, which has never happen before with my previous facial cleanser and the moisturizer, hence the 2 lippies. I put that i will repurchase is due to using this to wash my cosmetic brushes. I haven't try that but i heard rave for it, hopefully it won't disappoint me and i will change the buying product again to no if it doesn't live up to expectation. I wouldn't suggest using this for hair though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by 2kalanis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was skeptic about using this product because of the oils. I broke out horribly with EVOO and it really messed up my hair... Leaving my hair feeling straw-like. But after doing research and reading reviews here on MUA my curiosity got the best of me and surprisingly I am extremely glad that it did!! I use it on almost everything from my hair to cleaning my oven. And it WORKS like u would not believe!!

I use the lavender liquid soap and it is unreal!! I mix it in a small spray bottle (which lasts forever) just enough to coat the bottom then mix the rest with water. This way it doesn't dry out my hair, face, body. I have extremely long, thick, wavy hair ( I am Japanese, Caucasian, Polynesian) down to my waist but I only wash my scalp area and then finish with a ACV conditioner rinse. It really cleans, softens and tames my waves a lot! I could tell just after using it the first time and it's been a couple months now and my family could see and feel the difference. After showering I moisturize with Nivea lotion mixed with a little bit of castor oil shaken in the bottle and my skin is super soft and it feels really clean, not dry. And to moisturize my face I do a honey/turmeric/cinnamon mask for an hour followed by a AVC toner and my face hasn't broke out in almost two months and it feels smoother and I am a lot happier! This product is IMO my HG all-in-1. I also use that same spray bottle to clean my shower, my kitchen, my puppy, my floors, my kitchen appliances,/counters, bathroom, fruits and veggies, garden plants (keeps the bugs away), my cars, you pretty much get the idea. I need to invest in more spray bottles instead of carrying just one everywhere ;) Thank you MUA and Dr. Bronner's!!! Not to mention it's a great way to go green and its inexpensive considering what you can do with this and how a little bit goes a long way which makes this even better!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by elbowgrease

I've had problem skin ever since hitting puberty, and that was over ten years ago! It's been acne prone in the T-zone, and since I've gotten older (and on and off the pill) my chronic low-level white-spots and acne have worsened. I think it has been exacerbated by the cleansers I've been using (I've run the gamut through Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, and topical creams such as proscribed antibiotics with benzoyl peroxide, though nothing harsher than that, because my acne is probably moderate and hormonal, not severe).

The acne isn't helped by the fact that I have wavy hair and an itchy scalp that has also proven to be scaly and simultaneously oily through the years. It has been a problem that I've just learned to deal with through the years, and I figured that once I get older it would get better. It's better now: it has only been nearly gone two times in my life: the first when I had been on birth control (ortho-tri lo) for several months, and the second when I started using Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as a face wash two or three weeks ago. I picked it up at Target, having read about it in a magazine (Real Simple) a while ago and wanting to give it a try, hoping this time something would change.

It only takes three drops, diluted in water, to get makeup, grease, dirt, and all that accumulated regret from the day off my face. I use it day and night, and moisturize regularly afterward. Except for missing a couple of exhausted evenings, my skin has been much, much better. It hasn't really cleared my skin, so much as prevented new blackheads from sprouting up.

It lathers beautifully, feels comfortable, and smells fresh (I actually disliked the lavender scent a little at first, but decided not to go with tea-tree oil because I have tea-tree oil at home and figured I might as well not try it yet another time).

The thing that really gets me about this product, as compared with other products I've used, is that there's something about the all-natural ingredients that soothes my skin. It no longer gets incredibly oily throughout the day, especially in my T-zone. I'm frankly amazed when, almost through with the day, I catch my reflection in the bathroom and notice no redness or shine on my face. My face feels a little tight after washing, but it has felt that way often; a gentle moisturizer (Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel or the heavier, SPF 20 Clinique even better moisturizer) solves that immediately and my pores don't go into overproduction to try to make up for the lost moisture.

And you can use it for everything from washing brushes to ceramics to dishwashing to laundry.

The only thing this thing doesn't do is exfoliate. Combined with sufficient sleep, loads of water, and washing my pillowcases every two weeks, I think this can really put my skin issues in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Jelyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ALWAYS have this on hand. This product is so versatile. I use it diluted with water in a spray bottle in the shower to clean my piercings and fresh tattoos, to clean my makeup brushes, as nighttime wash for my nephew. I've even heard it makes a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sigi999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on line at iherb. I love it. A litttle goes a long way. I love that it is made of organic oils, and that it gets a very good safety rating online at ewg.org/skindeep, and it is lso evironmentally friendly. I use it as both a body wash and a face wash. As a face wash, use 4 parts water to 1 part soap, and dispense from a stainless steel foaming face wash dispenser. It cleans without drying. As a body wash, I just use a few drops. A little goes a long way. Do not expect tons of lather, as it does not contain lathering chemicals. I also use this to clean my make up brushes with great results. If you want to buy it on iherb, you get free shipping with orders over 20 dollars and no sles tax. You can use referral code NIB514 to get 5 dollars off your first order.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is amazing.
I'm a Vegan a major Girly-Girl, I'll be completely honest in saying it's very difficult to find high-quality and effective Vegan Beauty Products, Most soaps don't lather or clean, moisturize or smell good and are 3x as expensive with half the product.
This isn't the case for Dr. Bronners; I use this stuff in the shower, bath, on my face, as shave-gel and as deodorant(It works better than all the other vegan deodorants I've tried). It's saved me a LOT of money because I can buy one bottle and use it for SO much. It's only about $10 for 16oz and you don't need a lot at all so it's a major value.
It leaves my skin feeling so clean but doesn't strip it, it's great on my face (and my face is VERY moody) and it does keep me moisturized. I really feel good about giving my money to a really great company with ethics and principles I can respect. I'm really excited to try out other Dr. Bronners Products. :)