July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by 2kalanis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was skeptic about using this product because of the oils. I broke out horribly with EVOO and it really messed up my hair... Leaving my hair feeling straw-like. But after doing research and reading reviews here on MUA my curiosity got the best of me and surprisingly I am extremely glad that it did!! I use it on almost everything from my hair to cleaning my oven. And it WORKS like u would not believe!!

I use the lavender liquid soap and it is unreal!! I mix it in a small spray bottle (which lasts forever) just enough to coat the bottom then mix the rest with water. This way it doesn't dry out my hair, face, body. I have extremely long, thick, wavy hair ( I am Japanese, Caucasian, Polynesian) down to my waist but I only wash my scalp area and then finish with a ACV conditioner rinse. It really cleans, softens and tames my waves a lot! I could tell just after using it the first time and it's been a couple months now and my family could see and feel the difference. After showering I moisturize with Nivea lotion mixed with a little bit of castor oil shaken in the bottle and my skin is super soft and it feels really clean, not dry. And to moisturize my face I do a honey/turmeric/cinnamon mask for an hour followed by a AVC toner and my face hasn't broke out in almost two months and it feels smoother and I am a lot happier! This product is IMO my HG all-in-1. I also use that same spray bottle to clean my shower, my kitchen, my puppy, my floors, my kitchen appliances,/counters, bathroom, fruits and veggies, garden plants (keeps the bugs away), my cars, you pretty much get the idea. I need to invest in more spray bottles instead of carrying just one everywhere ;) Thank you MUA and Dr. Bronner's!!! Not to mention it's a great way to go green and its inexpensive considering what you can do with this and how a little bit goes a long way which makes this even better!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by elbowgrease

I've had problem skin ever since hitting puberty, and that was over ten years ago! It's been acne prone in the T-zone, and since I've gotten older (and on and off the pill) my chronic low-level white-spots and acne have worsened. I think it has been exacerbated by the cleansers I've been using (I've run the gamut through Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, and topical creams such as proscribed antibiotics with benzoyl peroxide, though nothing harsher than that, because my acne is probably moderate and hormonal, not severe).

The acne isn't helped by the fact that I have wavy hair and an itchy scalp that has also proven to be scaly and simultaneously oily through the years. It has been a problem that I've just learned to deal with through the years, and I figured that once I get older it would get better. It's better now: it has only been nearly gone two times in my life: the first when I had been on birth control (ortho-tri lo) for several months, and the second when I started using Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as a face wash two or three weeks ago. I picked it up at Target, having read about it in a magazine (Real Simple) a while ago and wanting to give it a try, hoping this time something would change.

It only takes three drops, diluted in water, to get makeup, grease, dirt, and all that accumulated regret from the day off my face. I use it day and night, and moisturize regularly afterward. Except for missing a couple of exhausted evenings, my skin has been much, much better. It hasn't really cleared my skin, so much as prevented new blackheads from sprouting up.

It lathers beautifully, feels comfortable, and smells fresh (I actually disliked the lavender scent a little at first, but decided not to go with tea-tree oil because I have tea-tree oil at home and figured I might as well not try it yet another time).

The thing that really gets me about this product, as compared with other products I've used, is that there's something about the all-natural ingredients that soothes my skin. It no longer gets incredibly oily throughout the day, especially in my T-zone. I'm frankly amazed when, almost through with the day, I catch my reflection in the bathroom and notice no redness or shine on my face. My face feels a little tight after washing, but it has felt that way often; a gentle moisturizer (Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel or the heavier, SPF 20 Clinique even better moisturizer) solves that immediately and my pores don't go into overproduction to try to make up for the lost moisture.

And you can use it for everything from washing brushes to ceramics to dishwashing to laundry.

The only thing this thing doesn't do is exfoliate. Combined with sufficient sleep, loads of water, and washing my pillowcases every two weeks, I think this can really put my skin issues in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Jelyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ALWAYS have this on hand. This product is so versatile. I use it diluted with water in a spray bottle in the shower to clean my piercings and fresh tattoos, to clean my makeup brushes, as nighttime wash for my nephew. I've even heard it makes a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sigi999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on line at iherb. I love it. A litttle goes a long way. I love that it is made of organic oils, and that it gets a very good safety rating online at ewg.org/skindeep, and it is lso evironmentally friendly. I use it as both a body wash and a face wash. As a face wash, use 4 parts water to 1 part soap, and dispense from a stainless steel foaming face wash dispenser. It cleans without drying. As a body wash, I just use a few drops. A little goes a long way. Do not expect tons of lather, as it does not contain lathering chemicals. I also use this to clean my make up brushes with great results. If you want to buy it on iherb, you get free shipping with orders over 20 dollars and no sles tax. You can use referral code NIB514 to get 5 dollars off your first order.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is amazing.
I'm a Vegan a major Girly-Girl, I'll be completely honest in saying it's very difficult to find high-quality and effective Vegan Beauty Products, Most soaps don't lather or clean, moisturize or smell good and are 3x as expensive with half the product.
This isn't the case for Dr. Bronners; I use this stuff in the shower, bath, on my face, as shave-gel and as deodorant(It works better than all the other vegan deodorants I've tried). It's saved me a LOT of money because I can buy one bottle and use it for SO much. It's only about $10 for 16oz and you don't need a lot at all so it's a major value.
It leaves my skin feeling so clean but doesn't strip it, it's great on my face (and my face is VERY moody) and it does keep me moisturized. I really feel good about giving my money to a really great company with ethics and principles I can respect. I'm really excited to try out other Dr. Bronners Products. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Easily the best smelling dr. bronner's soap. At first when I smelt it in the bottle, I thought it was too ick but when you dilute it, it smells magical. Squirt a bit in a bath and your skin will smell so delicious after wards.

The lavender smells super luxurious and is soothing and comforting. I use it to shower with and a tiny bit to wash my face, keeps acne away like no other.

The perfect bath mate and costs peanuts. Definitely HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I found out by using this product that I am allergic to lavendar oil. Using this diluted, my face and body broke out in a painful rash.

I love the peppermint, tea tree and the baby-mild Bronner's though and have had no issues using those.

I'm trying to use this up by washing the floors with it but I don't even know if I want to smell the lavendar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very finicky skin and Dr Bronner's soaps are just way too harsh for me, but I use the lavender version to clean my makeup brushes and it works great for that. I bough a small travel bottle and since you literally need about two drops to clean the biggest fluffy brushes, this is going to last me forever. I wet the brush, put two drops on my hand and then just swirl the bristles until there is a lot of foam, which I then rinse and repeat once, and then I'm done. Easy and fast.
The soap foams up very easily, it gets rid of all the grime in the bristles, it washes out completely and it smells nice to boot. :) I recommend this highly for your makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I alternate between this product and this peppermint-scented version of this soap. I use it for everything: body wash, shaving, shampoo.

It has a nice , natural lavender scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FishFam

I purchase the unscented or lavender version of this soap by the gallon!
I discovered it 3 years ago and now use it for EVERYTHING....to give my dog a Bronner's wet towel wipe down with a dab of Bronner's, to remove my make-up, to remove any protein or oil based stain from laundry, to wash my floors (hardwood) to make diaper or wet wipes for camping etc. etc. etc.
I love how it cleans. It is tough on dirt but it is not harsh and doesn't smell like cleaners or soaps with harsh chemicals.
I have found that it is not the best choice for shampoo as it tends to strip the hair color more quickly. I attribute that to its exceptional cleaning ability. :-)
It works like magic to remove grease splatters out on my BBQ, or add a dash to a bowl of water and microwave on high for 3-4 min. and then simply wipe out baked on food including cheese and eggs!

Ok, I went way past a beauty product review but I just couldn't help myself!

Don't be caught without this amazingly humble superhero of soaps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No