April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After my Clinique Liquid face wash was drying my sensitive skin out, I purchased this to try it out. I am thoroughly impressed. It is gentle, yet takes off my makeup, including my mascara, which is really impressive. It foams slightly and has a light smell. My skin is very dry and slightly sensitive, and I can't believe this cleanser is gentle enough for my skin, yet easily takes off all my makeup at night. It is an overall excellent cleanser and I have deemed it my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow what a ripe off, ladies! I feel a fool for throwing money down the drain because of product hype and Sephora's 'impulse buy' buckets at the registers. Thankfully, I bought just the 1.7 oz travel size (still a whopping $15) instead of the full-size, which is $38!!

This cleanser, which has a very light gel consistency, did not remove ANY of my makeup at all. I wear just a tinted moisturizer, bronzer and mascara -- nothing Lady Gaga-ish. Don't get me wrong, the light cucumber-and-rose scent is lovely. But the entire point of face cleanser is to remove makeup, oil, and grime. And a cleanser that costs $38 should certainly do that and more! Big waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by visee

Love the faint rose scent and how gentle and soft this makes my skin feel. I'm more used to foaming cleansers, but I liked this cleanser, and would use it in the mornings, or when I'm not wearing any makeup and just need a light cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this about 9 months. Breakouts almost nil. This is the clearest my skin has been in years. I'm convinced this made the difference. Granted, I've continued other habits such as water intake and 2x daily cleansing no matter how exhausted I am, but I've been doing that for years. Very gentle. A pea size is sufficient, so it lasts. Expensive, but worth it. Clear skin is priceless. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this product after reading quite a few positive reviews on it and reading some other places that it was rated in the top 10 facial cleansers. Well, I am disappointed in this cleanser. It never removed all of my makeup or made my face feel really clean. I always removed my makeup before cleansing with it. Also, after a few days of using it my face was becoming irritated and breaking out from it. I stopped using it (which stopped the irritation again) and gave it to my mom to see if it will work for her at all as she has a completely different skin type. I wish I had saved my money on something else!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rayychell

3.5 lippies.
I received this in a sample size and since I was on the market for a new cleanser at the time and it seemed like a great cleanser, I bought the full sized version. Now after using almost the entire bottle, I have come to the conclusion that it's just an okay cleanser. Lets start with the positives first:
Pros:
-does remove most of my eye makeup (and I can wear pretty heavy eye make up at times) and my waterproof mascara
-has a nice cooling sensation and the gel-like translucent fluid is easy to apply with hands and massage into skin
Cons:
-I've noticed it doesnt remove all of my facial makeup (bb cream and the foundation I sometimes use) and I would have to go over it again with Bioderma. I think if I had a Clarisonic or something to rub my facial skin with the cleanser, more makeup would be removed.
-This is a little bit drying, so moisturizing is a must afterwards.
-This product claims to "elasticize the skin" and "balance and tone skin", but I haven't see much of that or a difference in my facial skin. It does feel a little tight afterwards, but I think it's more cause it's kind of drying.

Like other reviews have mentioned this cleanser does not lather up much, but I have found that a small pea-sized amount is enough to cover the face. The cucumber smell is also not too bad, though I can do without it. Overall, with the high price and the average results, I will not be repurchasing as I'm sure there are better cleansers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by stellajspark

I'm surprised to find bad reviews for this product. Okay, so the smell might not be so great, but it smells mostly like cucumber. I think most people should be able to handle it no problem. It never bothers me or my husband.

This is the best facial cleanser I have used and the one I always come back to. I tried to find alternatives (hopefully cheaper) for it but there doesnt seem to be any!!

It's super gentle and you don't need much to use. I use it by itself or with my clarisonic and the product doesn't particularly lather well but that's okay with me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first received a sample from Sephora and liked the scent. It's a very basic cleanser and at the time I kind of liked it. When the sample ran out, I decided to buy the small travel size one to test it out a bit more since my skin is very troublesome.

I have very dry sensitive (and a little acne prone) skin that's also oily on top. The description of this product claims to be soothing, gentle enough for every skin type, helps maintain moisture in your skin, and doesn't strip your skin of oils.
Whatever it is that's in this tube, it's not working me.
After prolonged use, not only it did nothing for me, but the cleanser proved to too drying for my skin. Feels very tight after wash, a little hot/red, and my skin would flake a little.
Too bad for me as I quite like the scent, but I bet I can find something better for this price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think this cleanser is way overpriced. It smells natural and nice, but for $38 for a cleanser I expect miracles. This is just a regular cleanser. There is no difference between this gentle cleanser and other drugstore brands.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

A very good basic cleanser, and it gets points especially for being basic since a lot of cleansers are unnecessarily drying or complicated with ingredients. It doesn't burn while removing eye makeup. It removes makeup/sunscreen thoroughly. It has a calming cucumber scent. Gels in general have great texture.

Fresh is infamous for overpriced items, but I have really enjoyed most of what I've tried from the brand (rose mask, lemon balm, brown sugar scrub, soy cleanser). They make skincare pleasurable with great scents and textures, very spa-like. If you are results oriented, this is not the brand to try. It's about the experience for the Fresh clientele.

If you want a more affordable gel cleanser with perfect ingredients, try REN's Mayblossom cleanser. I keep both, but I only use Fresh's when I wear more makeup than normal. Even though Fresh's is excellent at cleaning, it surprisingly doesn't dry out my skin at all. Overall, I'd still pick REN's before this because of the price point ($30 vs $38 for 5 fl oz) and the purity of ingredients.

Cons: price, ingredients are middle (not harsh, but not great)
Pros: gentle, thorough, doesn't burn in eyes, soothing, simple