September 17, 2014 | 1752 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleanser i have found with salicylic acid in it that does not dry out my skin. i love how it's a cream cleanser, and the granules are so tiny and not too abrasive. has kept me from breaking out. doesn't remove my eye makeup all the way, but i should be using a separate oil-based remover anyway. will re-buy forever. for someone with chronically dry but acne-prone skin, this stuff is unreal.

EDIT: had to stop using this, as I had a crazy random eczematic/acne breakout. It was drying my skin out. Don't know what triggered it, but this happens from time to time, and that usually means I have to move on. Will work great for others though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kmac927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I started using this product a while ago. It was working good, and after I ran out I started using Philosophy Purity facewash and their Micro-exfoliating one as well. Well, let me tell you I started breaking out SO much and in places I usually never got pimples. So, I decided I need to get a cleanser with some sort of salicylic acid. I decided to get this one again, the old one was still sitting in my shower. Well after only using this for a few days the pimples on my face, even the cystic under the surface ones went away. I'm not going to say this is my HG product because I still have a few blemishes on my face (due to the face I'm on my monthly gift, booo haha) but it DEFINITELY helped clear me up. It doesn't leave an oily finish or anything, and I noticed I did NOT like how it felt after I used Purity. So I highly recommend this is you have quite a few pimples going on. The price wasn't too bad either, only a little over $8 in the Target I went to. highly recommend and will repurchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this! I love that it doesn't make my face feel dry afterwards. It feels very good when I gently massage it in. I don't know about any anti aging benefits coming from this because I'm only 17 but I'm sure it's preventing. Also I don't break out much with it. Also the longer I leave it on after washing my face the more hydrated my face feels. I will continue to use it :)

EDIT: I loved this cleanser at first because it cleared my breakouts at the moment and made my safe soft. BUt then the breakouts eventually came back and I switched to Cetaphil (which is my HG cleanser now).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was one of those annoying people who suffered no skin troubles as a teenager, so when a prescription medication caused me to break out, I was caught totally unprepared. Olay is my favorite brand of skincare products, so I did some research and purchased this anti-blemish cleanser. I liked that it didn't have an acrid, harsh smell that characterize so many acne remedies, and the exfoliating beads were gentle and didn't cause any irritation. It was easy to rinse off, and left my skin feeling soft and clean, not stripped of all moisture. Within two weeks of using it every night, I could see tremendous improvement. Stopping the medication that caused the problem wasn't an option, so the improvement was doubly impressive. Although I don't currently use it exclusively, it's a great addition to my cleanser arsenal, and I have repurchased twice. It's easy to use, does what it promises, and is mercifully inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I like this. I have used this and another similar olay product for a couple of years and I have had good results.

I don't breakout and I have very minimal fine lines. It doesn't dry me out and I don't have blackheads or clogged pores. Can I say for sure it's from this product? I dunno... But I still think it's a great drugstore cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by prettyvalerina

I initially picked this up because of the pore minimizing it claims to have. I have oily breakout prone skin and I didn't want any kind of cleanser to add to that problem as others I have tried before had. It's been about 2 months now and on my 2nd bottle. The scrub granules aren't harsh at all, fragrance isn't overwhelming or irritant to my skin. I have seen a minimized pore appearance and my skin does look smoother and more even looking in tone. And I've had less random breakouts also. The complaints I have are I find that it doesn't remove all of my eye makeup and I have to go over a 2nd time. The other is, and this may be just me, but I find that I have to use more than a quarter sized amount to get a good lather going with this. But all in all it's great for anyone with the same complexion problem areas. Worth a try in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for the last two years and have really liked it. I prefer a cleanser with salicylic acid as I am acne- prone. This product cleanses well (I do not wear make up) and feels good on my skin. My only concern is for the last few months it has been leaving an oily film on my skin. I will finish this tube but will consider other facial cleansers to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by astphard

When I first started using this product, I was pretty happy with it. It was a bit weird using something that didn't foam up, but I trusted it. My skin seemed to glow more and there wasn't much in the way of breakouts. The only thing I was initially unhappy with is that it didn't remove all of my makeup.

But as I continued using it I noticed that the sides of my face were drying out and breakouts started happening. So I stopped using it for a month or so, and now I'm trying to finish the bottle because I want to give it another try and I hate to waste money. But I'm researching other cleansers because I don't intend to buy this again, at least not until I try a few other cleansers. Because most importantly, I believe a cleanser should clean your face (including of makeup), and this one doesn't do that consistently.

UPDATE: In trying to use up the product, I've only been using it in the evening and using a different face wash (Basis Cleaner Clean) in the morning. This combination actually seems to be working well. And in the heat of summer (and high humidity of the southeast) this Olay wash is moisturizing enough that I don't need a separate moisturizer. So I've given it an extra lippie and am would probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

i have moderate acne,only suffer through breakouts "before"that time of month comes,anyways i only use this cleanser 2 times a week before bed cause of how fragrant this is,it keeps my skin soft which is always nice but,i wouldnt recommend using this everyday if u have oily skin like i do,so 2 times a week before bed does it for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

absolutely hated this. so harsh, so heavily fragranced. it's not often that fragranced products bother me, but this one was really awful. kind of a marine / ocean / ozone scent. made my eyes water.