April 16, 2014 | 1491 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Angeluhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite thing about EDM is the color selection--any bizarre skin tone you might have, and there's a good match for it. The semi-matte has a good finish and looks quite natural, and in Light Olive can't even be distinguished from my natural skin tone.
The problem, though, is that this probably isn't the best choice for those of us with dry/dehydrated skin. I love it, but if I don't want my skin to look like it's just flaking off, I have to go through some steps: Moisturize, moisturize more, use a moisturizing primer, then finally apply the foundation. For people with oilier skin than mine and/or who live in a wetter climate, I definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by LLark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation and I own it in every formulation, my semi-matte is in the color Golden Medium. The problem is that I haven't been able to get it to stay on my skin long enough for me to really be able to recommend it. I have tried primers, setting mist, everything I can think of but after a couple of hours MAX it just blotches off and melts. So, if anyone can recommend a method of getting this to last longer I would love to know!

PROS: Great buildable coverage, beautiful shades in a variety of undertones that are blendable and natural, feels light and comfortable on the skin, semi-matte finish is very natural and great for every day

CONS: Terrible staying power, melts off with sweat, humidity, and even indoors it melts away after a couple of hours. The staying power is so bad that even though I LOVE everything else about this foundation, I just can't justify wearing it because it's going to look terrible after a couple hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ecobeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The best mineral makeup I have ever used. It does not irritate my skin. It doesn't last all day, but I also do not use a primer. I love being able to order samples. I usually order the samples in a few different colors, mix them in a jar and use them that way. I get to custom blend my color and it is very inexpensive. I recommend them to everyone I know, you can't lose ordering their samples, they only charge shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have the color winged butter. it's a perfect match to my awkward yellow/pale skin tone. it's actually the only one i can use, can't really get away with any other color. i got the matte version in a sample i ordered and it looked really powdery and cakey and it took the majority of the dimension of my face away basically. in the sample set i took the semi matte just in case i didn't like the matte and i really like it. it looks matte but it doesn't look cakey or powdery it looks like skin.
they were having a 40% off sale on these but i missed it with my indecisiveness :/ so i'm waiting for another sale to but the BIG size. love love love.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Marsaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I so wanted to love this...

It started well. For about a week it looked great on my skin when used properly - you have to buff it in really well otherwise it can look very powdery - and the Fair shade was also a perfect match to my skin tone. A week later, my oily skin turned into rubber... It was completely dried out, red, itchy, horrible. So I stopped and my skin got better very quickly.

I have used different mineral foundations over the years and this is the one that gave me the worst reaction, I have since gone back to my Missha BB Cream.

EDM brushes are awesome though...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

READ the ingredient list! It's so short and simple which is why I love this company. They really care about what goes on your skin. I love this foundation in Peaches. I use it everyday. It doesn't irritate my skin and gives my skin a healthy glow. It's the perfect amount of coverage for work. Their powder concealers also work surprisingly well. The packaging could be made a little stronger since the lids chip after a while. I really recommend this product because it is simple, natural and looks great on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sexkittn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ordered a BUNCH of samples and found my match in winged butter. I normally wear MAC studio fix/sff in NC25. This color is great for me (light/med skintone with warm undertones) and leaves no lines of demarcation. It also doesn't leave a white or ashy cast to my skin like Bare Escentuals did. Offers a medium coverage and natural looking finish (my mom actually commented on how great my skin looked today out in natural sunlight). Def give it a try and order their samples!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used EDM before and after their formula change, since about 2006. I have not had any irritations or breakouts like some reviewers have noted due to the Lauroyl Lysine (coconut amino acid). I actually really like the formula change with the addition of Lauroyl Lysine-- it makes the foundation super creamy and long lasting. EDM does not oxidize, yay! I found bareMinerals, Alima Pure, and other mineral foundations to oxidize when they warm up on skin.

I use "Sandy Fair" or "Linen" (fair w/ neutral undertones) with their "Finishing Dust" and it lasts all day, usually with no touch-ups. I also mist my face with rosewater/glycerine to set my makeup-- any pure mist (in an atomizer spray bottle) will do, though. No irritation or break-outs; very pure formula. The color really fits my skin tone and livens it up, giving a refreshed dewy/glowing look. The semi-matte formula is so creamy and seems to melt into skin, erasing any imperfections (does not highlight pores, dry spots, and lines like Bare Minerals). If you have extra dry skin: exfoliate, moisturize, and try applying the foundation with a damp foundation brush (or mix the foundation into your fav moisturizer). I used to use Bare Minerals, but they're so high-maintenance, so I switched to EM.

This and Devita's Absolute Base Mineral Foundation are my favorite mineral foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by PenguinLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To put it simply, my face is weird. When I don't wear moisturizer, my face is super tight dry. When I wear moisturizer, my face is super slick oily. I've had dermatologists tell me my face is dry and others tell me my face is oily. If I don't wear moisturizer under my makeup, my face will flake. If I put moisturizer under my makeup, my face gets oily.

I've used so many types of makeup and so many brands but I've always had a problem with each one. Some would oxidize and make me look like an oompa loompa so the color was definitely wrong. Some would make my face too dry or too oily after a couple hours. Some made me look pale and ashy and oily and just all around terrible. I've also always have had problems with finding the right color. I'm filipino-caucasian, so I'm a mix between brown and white. But I'm not light brown or anything. I'm more of a mix between light/medium and medium. It's so difficult to find the right shade because if I picked one too light, I'd look ashen, if it was too dark, well, its just too dark. I used to use Bare Minerals in their light because it was as close as I could get to my color, even though it was too light. After a couple months of using them, I noticed my face started to break out and get super dry.

Later, I started using Smashbox and while they got the shade right, the makeup always felt so heavy at the end of the day. I felt like I was taking off a mask. I used them for a few months. And then I found out about EM. I immediately ordered samples and found one I liked. I ended up buying the big sizes in Semi-Matte Sandy Medium. The color is perfect even after quite a few hours. My only CON is that while it doesn't dry out my face and I think it does have some oil-absorbing qualities, it doesn't absorb enough oil. My face still looks dewy after about 5 hours but then it starts to look more on the oily side. Like maybe I'm sweating too much or something. But I did take a break from this for 6 months, all while searching for a new product.

And now I'm back to using this again. I suppose this is just my Go-To from now on. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey and doesn't make me look old. I think it makes me look youthful and glowy. I just need to find a good translucent powder to absorb all the shine.

Has anyone tried EM's finishing dust?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I order samples from Everyday Minerals a few days ago and they arrived yesterday. For only a penny + shipping, you can order 7 samples of their makeup and they don't skimp on it!
Today, I tried the semi-matte in medium. Their samples come in packaging where you will have to pour it into a container. One thing I noticed right away was that the powder was almost clumpy like. Nothing like Bare Minerals which is very fine. I applied it using my Bare Minerals flawless face brush (which gives light coverage). After I applied a light layer, I looked in my handheld mirror. First thing, I noticed is that the color was completely wrong. Everyday Minerals color matching chart isn't the best. While it does have a nice sheen and glow to it, it still looks cakey. Who wants cakey makeup? So far, I am very unimpressed.
Tomorrow, I am trying the Jojoba formula.