Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 12/19/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Excellent finishing powder for when I need it. This is the first one I've found to be foolproof and does not settle into fine lines or irritate my sensitive skin. It does not turn into an oil slick or flake. The packaging is annoying as it gets everywhere, but since I don't use it often, it's fine. Also, the full size is likely to last a life time.

on 8/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

This is a nice finishing powder that EM says will "set your makeup and get rid of excess shine." It does that, but for me, only for a short amount of time. I get that airbrushed look, but only temporarily (translation = a couple of hours at most.) If you have normal to dry skin w/ no oily t-zone, then this should work for you. Me = I have an oily t-zone so I find their Kaolin anti-shine finishing powders to be more effective for me. I gave this a 3, but in reality its a 3.5.

on 6/9/2010 8:05:00 PM

I ordered free samples from EM, I had to pay only for the shipping ($2.82). I got 4 small samples (0.03 oz/1 g each) : finishing dust, sunlight finishing dust, kaolin powder sunlight, kaolin powder soft bronze. Today I tried the finishing dust and it gave me cystic acne on my chin by the afternoon. It's a very finely milled powder what gives very small coverage. It wouldn't be a problem for me, because I'm looking for a light powder over my Korres ginger & vitamins foundation, but I'm not gonna use this anymore. I hope I'll have better luck with kaolin powders.

Next day I tried the kaolin powder in sunlight, it looks pretty light in the container but turned darker on my skin after a couple hours but not this is the biggest problem with this powder. I don't have oily skin but this made my skin shiny only 1 hour after the first application and gives no coverage at all. It doesn't make me any sense to give money for a powder what has no coverage and no shine control. I'm still on the hunt to find the perfect finishing powder but I'm not sure that it will be mineral powder.

The mineral powders what I tried and wasn't satisfied with:
- Garden Botanika: She's a Natural Mineral Foundation (awful look)
- Christian Dior: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10 (This is best of all but not matte enough and expensive)
- Bare Escentuals: Mineral Veil (loved the look but my skin was itching and burning)
- Physicians Formula pressed powder (awful look)
- L'oreal Bare Naturale gentle mineral powder - pressed powder (awful look)

I recommend this article to everybody about how "natural" mineral makeups are:

on 3/6/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product holds up oil, but not very well in my experience. I do have very oily skin and live in hot and humid place - if I wear this right after foundation without any primer/mattifying powder/gel, my face will be shiny in less than an hour. But if I apply silica powder from pureluxe before this finishing dust, my face will holds up oil in 6/7 hours. So..what's the point of using this finishing dust, anyway? overall, no, will not buy this product again, will stick to pureluxe silica

on 2/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

Omg! This is my one true love! I have combination to oily skin and this is perfect! I usually only wear foundation on special occasions, so every other day I wear concealer and dust this on top of this. It keeps my oily skin at bay and it makes my skin feel soft and smooth! I might get a little bit of shine throughout the day but it's more like a natural glow(: I will never use anything else. Thank you everyday minerals!

on 1/19/2010 1:46:00 PM

While I've recently become a big fan of EM, this powder is way too drying on me. Shortly after putting it on, bits of skin started peeling and scaling off all over the place. The thing is, I don't have truly dry skin--more like combination, it getting a bit drier in the winter in my dry patches and a bit oilier in my oily spots in the summer. So, would hate to think what this might be do to do to truly dry skin types. The only reason I'm not making this a one is that this might be a possibility for really oily skin. All the same, for those interested in this product, I'd recommend getting the sample sets/try me free options of EM powders before committing to a large size of this. Meanwhile, having tried samples of EM's powders, natural reflections seems to work best for me.

on 12/22/2009 11:01:00 AM

I normally really like translucent powders, but this one does nothing for my very oily skin. It has no staying power...I had to reapply after about 2 hours, and I blotted in between. It has a nice smoothing effect on the skin, but only for as long as it stays on.

on 12/20/2009 2:10:00 AM

I have oily cheeks and nose,and I just didn't think it was that awesome. I oil blot anyways and the Intensive foundation holds up really well to oil,so I guess this just wasn't even necessary. I put it on and I didn't see any noticeable delay in my oily appearance.

on 12/14/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this product, really controls shine.

I don't use this over my mineral foundation. I find that it works better over a tinted moisturiser, which really helps to cut that greasy look.

In the Try Me Kit, EDM sends you the Finishing Powder, Kaolin Clay and Natural Reflections. Natural Reflections, which making my pores look smaller, is not good for oily skin. It also has a strange tinge of colour to it that did not sit well with my skin. Kaolin Clay does nothing to control oil, even though it's supposed to. The best is the Finishing Powder, controls oil and does not interfere with the base colour.

on 9/5/2009 11:41:00 PM

I am a loyal Sheer Cover user for a year now , and I've always hated their ordering process and shipping fees. It's a rip off and the shipment is so confusing and inconsistent. After hearing the raves about this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. I ordered samples for free and only paid $3.00 for shipping. The best part is, my package arrived in 3 business days!!

I tried the Winged Butter Original glo today with Finishing Dust and I am impressed!! I love how my skin looks and Finishing Dust made all the difference because it minimizes my pores especially on my nose. I am placing the full size order now.

UPDATE: This is making my skin too dry in the fall, I can't imagine using this in the winter.

Recommended for Normal Skin