July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bluff Dust

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My doctor perscribed my Clindoxyl gel for my pimples and my face got falky and VERY red when I first started using it. That's when I bought this powder, I figured it would be better than just caking on foundation. And I was RIGHT! It worked very well at neutralizing the redness and making me look mostly-normal again (of course it did nothing for the dryness- but that's what Nivea is for! ;)).
I have continued using this as a loose powder even though my skin is not so red anymore. It works well as a setting powder for my foundation, even though the staying power is not the best. I have L'Oreal True Match pressed powder to tote along with me for touch ups and provide extra coverage on those REALLY troublesome spots (for me, my forehead). When I do find my skin is going red again, like as the weather gets colder, this does a WAY better job at covering that up than concealer. Overall it gives a very natural, even-toned look and is NOT too yellow, as long as you remember to tap off excess and use a GOOD powder brush, NOT the pathetic little pad they include.
The reson I took off the one lippie is because of that puff. DON'T USE IT! I never used it on my face but I didn't throw it out; instead, I use it to dab powder on my hair when it's oily-looking. So I suppose there is purpose for the puff, but overall it's quite useless. It's also messy, but to be fair ALL loose powders are. And there's the staying power thing, but that's not a big problem for me. It's KIND OF pricey, but not bad considering it's a loose powder from Benefit. I think it's worth the price because it's finely-milled and blends well.
I probably won't re-buy after I run out, just because I'm looking to try a good mineral powder. However, I WOULD buy it again if I ever had more problems with redness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I like this on my NC 35 asian skin. It is a light weight powder, but still manages to tone down the redness in my skin. I would've preferred it in pressed powder form, but all in all, I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

I picked this up at the Benefit store 14.0 g net wt 0.50 oz for $22.
According to the Benefit.com website, this concealer promises:
a feather-light alternative to foundation! This silky yellow powder is a soft veil of color that neutralizes redness, evens out your complexion, and puts the perfect finishing touch on your makeup.
I have oily skin with quite a bit of redness/broken capillaries around my nostrils and chin area.

I was hoping to use this on days when I don't feel like wearing mmu. That day has never come. I always wear makeup and will never stop! On a positive note, the powder is very light and silky. It comes with it's own puff. On the downside, it did not really do a good job in concealing redness. Kind of expensive for what it is.... I found it to be a bit cakey after a few hours and my facial oil broke through rather quickly...I was not too thrilled with this powder. I will not repurchase. My mmu is fine on it's own...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by itsanobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite cosmetics that I have purchased EVER! At 22$ it feels like a steal. I think maybe some people buy this thinking they will wear it alone (never tried it my self) but I don't think you would get any coverage from it - this probably won't work at all if you have a lot of actual REDness. It isn't a concealer, its just a loose powder. That being said I wear this over my foundation/tinted moisturizer. I wouldn't say I have any redness on my face, just a kind of overall pinkish-ness that is, I think, unflattering and doesn't match my neck or the rest of my body - and this completely takes care of it! The other reviews emphasizing the importance of blending or using a light hand with this product confuse me a little because this has never shown up too yellow or uneven on me.. As a powder (aside from the color) I love it just as much. It sets my foundation perfectly but feels clean on my face. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

I have spider veins and it doesn't conceal everything, but makes it look toned down by a lot. My Mom also uses this and all her friends complimented how nice her skin looked afterwards. I have oily skin, so therefore this keeps my face nice, matte, and red-free all day =) Definitely will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this its tricky to use. I use it with my 187 MAC brush. I use a little and let my foundation do the rest...great product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. Doesn't really do anything for redness, but when used to set make up, this blends right in, doesn't look cakey. The bright yellow color is daunting, but I don't think it looks like that on skin. As for the concealer in the same line, I don't care for it. The color is okay but it is too smooshy to be in the push up tube. It ends up getting pushed down when trying to apply to skin directly from the tube. Oh well, the powder gets my stamp of approval.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by nougat

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for covering up redness on my face and neck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to give this a 5 because it is so innovative and really does "do what it says on the tin"--it covers redness. It is not nearly as beloved as my Benefit lemon-aid, but I do like it. It cancels redness (though perhaps not as effectively as my Lorac neutralizer). Use the two together, though, and it is great. I do have a quibble about the yellow being somewhat dark (for me). It is not really a problem, but when I am in a hurry and am not careful in my application of this product, my face really does look yellow. I always use this and then use my regular loose powder over it. Thumbs up in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by vande_13

This is an awesome powder to cover redness! I have pretty good skin (no pimples), but I have dryish skin that is red most of the time. I don't like wearing makeup, except for special occasions. So every morning I use moisturizer, sunscreen a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks (red areas). It evens my skin out and I look like I have perfect skin. This powder has presented no problems with my dryness ( no creasing, no itching, no nothing). The only thing I am not so sure about is its staying power... by the end of the day I look reddish again but is definitely not as bad as those days when I don't apply it in the morning. So this powder really helps. Price wise its good... the pot is about 25 bucks but it lasts forever (you have to have a light hand with this... otherwise you'll look sick!).