Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

This product, like so many others on this page has said, WORKS.

I love having something on my nails. I HAVE to, its like i feel i can't go out without having my nails done. I always self do my nails at home.

I do my nails very often, changing polish every 2-3 days as i can't stand wearing out polish that has chipped off. Gradually i realised my nails were kinda getting weaker... i could feel the difference. Once i tried growing my nails to a longer length, and it split.

So then i knew i had to do something to strengthen up my nails, if it went on i wouldn't be able to grow it long without breakage, and my nails were not "shaped". I want my nails to be like a letter 'U', but because it is not thick/ strong, it sort of flares out at the white, which i always file off at the side in attempt to try and make it look better.

I went on to search for products that might help my nails. I didn't really do a long search actually, the products i used before this was just Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment and Nail Tek III. For both i couldn't feel any difference.. And I did even consider getting OPI Envy's treatments but because of the expensive price imo, decided not to.

So on MUA, when i was looking at other products, this product was just listed at the side bar. Since i saw it so many times, curiosity got the better of me and i clicked to read all the reviews. Seeing that so many people left positive reviews, i went on ebay to get it.

At the start i was like, heck, so much for just 5ml? But hey, its true. I used for close to 2 months now and its looks like its not been touched at all, maybe only a drop of it is gone. It will last you very long. I used one brush per hand.

I know they said 1-2 applications per week but i'm pretty impatient so at the start i did it as often i change my nail polishes, hoping to see results faster... :P Luckily no bad effects were done to my nail, and as i felt my nails getting better, i slowly reduced the usage until now, i am planning to use it 1-2 bi-weekly as i'm scared that too much might make it too dry and prone to breakage.

My nails are hard and properly shaped now, and i love 'em so much. Gonna use it on my mum and possibly my dad to help their nails!!

I bought this products after a long search for a treatment that would solve my nails' problems. I used to have very thin, weak nails that would break and split. I've tried almost every treatment from Sally Hansen, but they didn't help at all. Finally, I decided to use this one. It turned out to be a miracle. I would never believe it is possible until I tried.
After almost a month of using Scientifique my nails have become stronger, they almost never break or split anymore. I managed to grow them very long, which I had never done before. Now I've been using it for half a year and I apply it once in two weaks to maintain the result.
Following the instructions is very important, don't use it too often or your nails will become too dry and will get unpleasant cracks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product REALLY works!!

And it is the only thing that ever worked for me.
I am 51 years old and beautiful nails were just an item that I could admire on other female. Mine were paper thin and were splitting so much that they never grew. I always hated my hands.

Then I volunteered at an elderly home where I would do the nails for the ladies. Short story... I was soon browsing on the internet trying to find nail art to do on my new girlfriends nails to impress them.

And I came upon this website
www.nail-art.fr/

This young lady
(tartofraises , she as an English link to you tube)
is AMAZINGLY talented and she recommended Mavala on her nail grooming videos.

Mavala absolutely changed my life within 3 weeks!
I used it everyday for 10 days then twice a week.
I ordered it from Ebay.

I now own 110 different nail polish colors, I ordered nail art tools, water decals, stickers... from Ebay ( the cheapest).

Now people ask me if I have fake nails (even my sisters can't believe the results).

BUY Mavala scientific nail hardener, but it is very important that you read forums on how to use this product.

It should never touch the skin around your nails
(I use a small nail art brush and I apply Vaseline around my nails)
you should never apply it to the base of the nails, never apply it under your nails. etc

Don't over do it with Mavala, your nails will become too dry and too hard and they will brake. It is a bit drying, so I apply a nail cuticle every night ( smooth trick by Esse). And I apply oil under my nails ( Sally Hansen Vitamine E oil).

Once a week I rub the Sally Hansen oil on my naked my nails and I go to bed without nail polish.

Peace, love & creativity

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excelent!
The price is ok, because it lasts forever. It really works. Nails are super stronger after 1 week using everyday, 2 times per day. I recomend to everyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in love. With this and Nail Magic. I use them together and my nails look so good, I receive tons of compliments on them--people asking if they're gel nails. What the Nail Magic couldn't quite do for my nails, Mavala has accomplished. I *may* be able to stop using the Nail Magic now...but am still a little scared to give it up. I will definitely update if I do, though.

I'm using this withOUT the Nail Magic on my thin, flimsy toenails and haven't had a single peeled or cracked toenail since I started using it! I'm stoked!

Very good product, it does what he promises, since i started use this treatment i do not have broken nails anymore like i used to have all the time, i am very satisfied!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best product I've ever used for my nails. Before Mavala my nails would only grow up to 2mm of free edge. Even then, they would peel, chip, break, and bend. They were fairly weak and transparent.

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about two months and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months.

It damn near broke my heart when the shops in Western Australia stopped selling this stuff a number of years ago (well, at least, I could not find any that did). I eked out what little I had but ran out ages ago. A few months ago I made the mistake of having my nails shellacked which has utterly destroyed them. In desperations I googled Mavala and found where I can now buy it in WA. I am ecstatic. Healthy nails I am getting you back!

BTW, as well as using Mavala on the tips of my nails - where ever the damage is - I oil my nails using a wonderful but now no longer produced product called Organic Gold. I am looking for a good replacement. Any suggestions>

UPDATE: It worked, it doesnt do anything now when I tried after some time again and nothing improved...

OLD:It works. It definitely does but everyone before using it should check if you dont use nail polishes with formaldehyde and what formaldehyde is!!!!!

Its really important because you can damage terribly your nails :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this product. I quite dislike the smell though. I really like that it's not a base coat or anything so it does feel like it is absorbed into your nail to do it's work. I use it every time I do my nails and my nail breakage has pretty much stopped. When I first started using it I cut my nails as short as i could to re-build them.
I put it on clean nails then rub in my strengthening hand and nail cream, and it works wonders. Worth the money.

Popular Treatments