July 28, 2014 | 1246 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Very good product, it does what he promises, since i started use this treatment i do not have broken nails anymore like i used to have all the time, i am very satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best product I've ever used for my nails. Before Mavala my nails would only grow up to 2mm of free edge. Even then, they would peel, chip, break, and bend. They were fairly weak and transparent.

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about two months and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Reynon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It damn near broke my heart when the shops in Western Australia stopped selling this stuff a number of years ago (well, at least, I could not find any that did). I eked out what little I had but ran out ages ago. A few months ago I made the mistake of having my nails shellacked which has utterly destroyed them. In desperations I googled Mavala and found where I can now buy it in WA. I am ecstatic. Healthy nails I am getting you back!

BTW, as well as using Mavala on the tips of my nails - where ever the damage is - I oil my nails using a wonderful but now no longer produced product called Organic Gold. I am looking for a good replacement. Any suggestions>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE: It worked, it doesnt do anything now when I tried after some time again and nothing improved...

OLD:It works. It definitely does but everyone before using it should check if you dont use nail polishes with formaldehyde and what formaldehyde is!!!!!

Its really important because you can damage terribly your nails :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by ColourfulTears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I quite dislike the smell though. I really like that it's not a base coat or anything so it does feel like it is absorbed into your nail to do it's work. I use it every time I do my nails and my nail breakage has pretty much stopped. When I first started using it I cut my nails as short as i could to re-build them.
I put it on clean nails then rub in my strengthening hand and nail cream, and it works wonders. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by stls

For me it's a miracle worker. I've been using it regularly 5 years now and I'm very pleased.
I just apply a little at the end of the nails 1-2 times per week and go on with my manicure. I like the fact that it's so liquidy, quickly absorbed and you can't tell there's a thing on. A nail can break every once in a while but nothing terrible, before this nail hardener my nails were always too soft. Worked great for my mother as well. Totally recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sunnygirl10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My hands and natural nails are very important to me. I feel you can tell a lot by a person by looking at their nails. Intially I followed the directions by applying it twice per week. After 1 month of doing that one by one my nails slowly started to chip. I'm not one to give up, so I filed all of my nails down and started from scratch. After the white tips started to appear, I used a tiny amount on that section twice a month.

That was about 4 months ago, now my nails are looking wonderful and just in time for spring! My nails do not break. These days I'm only using it as needed. For the very first time in my life all of my nails are the same length and I am able to grow out my nails and shape them as I want.

I should also note that I use a hydrating base coat after using this product and Badger Cuticle Care Treatment 2 - 3 times per day on my cuticle and into my nails to keep my nails hydrated. From what I read it can dry out your nails which can cause them to eventually break. I believe this is what happened to my natural nails the first go around.

The key with this product IMO is to use a little of the product just on the tips, OBSERVE your nails and make adjustments as needed. If they are getting too hard, take a break or cut back the frequency of use. If they are still too soft, bump up the frequency. I've even found that I've had to use the product more on my middle and index fingers since they used to break the most, while leaving the other fingers alone.

I am in love with this product and this item has become a regular part of my beauty routine. :-)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Vaska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find this helpful, my nail was in terrible condition before and I was so desperate that I quickly ran to mavala counter and religiously follow what the counter sales told me to do. Luckily I did cos my nails is better now, and I'm only using this once in a while - actually only when my nail start drying and breaking again ^-^ cos it will make cuticles hard too.
But I like this. Will def repurchase - if it ever finish

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

I was so excited to get this after all of the wonderful reviews, but alas, it was not to be. I gave it a fair shot by using it for at least a month and also following the directions carefully. My nails became drier and more brittle than before. My nails went back to their original weak and fragile state as soon as I stopped using it. Will not buy again, did not work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on the reviews here, and I'm really happy and satisfied so far.

First, my nails: they are short, they chip a LOT so they never grow AT ALL. They just DONT GROW, is sooo annoying.

Things I've tried: I tried many many diferent multivitamins to see if my nails would grow longer and harder but no. I've been taking collagens pills everyday for a looong time. I've tried to eat meat everyday, because the doctor said that would help. BUT NO, NO, NO. NOTHING SOLVED MY PROBLEM. I've tried Formaldehyde on my base and applied once a day. I've tried so many diferent things. But my nails would be the same, weak, weak and super short!!!!!!!

Then I told myself, this would be THE LAST thing I was going to try (and Im glad I did). So I started applying this TWICE a day, only applying on the tip of my nails and protecting my cuticles with a cream,butter. I've been doing that for 20 days now, except for 4 days that I had nail polish on. So far the results are awesome, my nails grow reaaally slow but THEY'RE NOT CHIPPING ANYMORE!!!!!
IT'S AWESOME. I already have that white strip (i never had that before, because they would stop growing and chip),
This product DID WHAT IT CLAIMED TO DO:
Stop my nails from chipping and make them harder!!

I'M SO HAPPY, Im never gonna stop using this!!!!!
And now im gonna try sally hansen nail growth to see if they grow faster!!!!

WARNING: This stuff is STRONG, so protect your cuticles with a good cream or oitment, now im using LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. Otherwhise this will dry your cuticles like CRAZY!