December 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by CityDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was initially relucant to wear a shade which almost resembled black, but since I tried it a couple years ago, I've been hooked!!! I love this shade. It's basically the new classic red, butt much more fashion-forward. There are of course very deep dark browns and blues which have been added to this category, but I'm still loving this particular shade. My questions to you ladies are do you think this color is still in style with deep blue being so popular and being introduced and becoming popular after it, and do you consider this polish a color you can wear as a neutral with any outfit no matter the color? For instance, if I'm going to be wearing a navy and red dress, or a red dress with touches of cream, do you think it's fine to choose this deep blk purple as more fashion-forward and youthful, rather than selecting a matchy-matchy classic red which seems so been there, done that as well as boring and predictable? What do you think?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this colour. At first I was a bit hesitant with this colour since I tend to wear either nudes, pinks or reds to work - but I tried it and fell in love. I find black to be too harsh on my skin tone and for this office so I've always shied away from dark colours but I think Lincoln park after dark is the most beautiful colour and has made me rethink dark vampy colours. It is the most beautiful dark purple berry black which looks so classy in the sunlight and in general. I got this as part of the opi top ten set and I can totally understand now why it it is one of opis most popular colours. If you aren't a fan of dark colours, I think this colour is the perfect introduction. I would repurchase again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kazza1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love it . Looks great with almost any outfit Looks AMAZING on pale skin. Would buy over and over again, Wearabilty very good even after washing the pots!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not that the clever names of nail polishes impact my buying decisions (okay, who am I kidding... the names are half the fun), the fact that this NP is a nod to Chicago automatically makes it awesome.

The thin, darm, creamy formula is perfect for weeks when I want to feel edgy, but not shimmery. I don't like dark polishes that have shimmer. It makes me feel like Miley Cyrus going through a goth phase. This polish feels more sophisticated. It's REALLY dark, though. Lots of people think it is black. Totally not though. At least I can tell the difference. And let's be real, I'm wearing it for me, anyway.

Two coats. Really thin. Chips pretty fast. Double up on tips and top coat, for sure. A good top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Completely obsessed with this color. It looks black at night and a dark purple under lights or the sun. Such a great color for Fall and Winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I hardly ever choose the same polish colors when I have a manicure at the salon, but I have picked this shade the last three times I've had my nails done. I agree with other reviewers that while this is a dark color, it doesn't look overly goth or vampy. I think because of the slight violet/deep purple undertone, it takes away the harshness of the dark midnight black shade. It's perfect for everyday wear and daring enough for dressy evening looks. I found a great drugstore dupe for this, Loreal's Breaking Curfew that I use when I do my nails at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple color in my collection, I love it. I would rate this higher than Essie's 'Wicked' mostly because I love OPI brushes.

This color looks gorgeous on toes when wearing peep-toe shoes! Also, great on short nails. Very vampy though, so I would not wear this color on long nails.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say about this polish that hasn't already been said? It's the greatest. The formula is a dream, and it dries so, so shiny. It resists chipping. It flatters all skin tones. Sometimes it looks black, but it's NOT black.. it's so much more interesting than that. It's that intense purplish color that so many polishes try for, but it doesn't yellow your nails like so many competitors. I get so many compliments on this color when I wear it. It's my go-to winter pedicure color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite polish color of all time. Really dark purple but not black. Flattering on all skin tones. Resists chipping. I also love Essie Wicked, but it chips quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

The first OPI polish I bought. (I was given yoga-ta try this blue as a gift so that doesn't count.) I was never into dark vampy colours but there's just something about this shade. It's absolutely gorgeous, perfect for fall. But I can see myself wearing this throughout the year. I loved it so much, I even wore it for my birthday. This colour adds a certain je ne sais quoi. :)