July 31, 2014 | 1865 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kazza1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love it . Looks great with almost any outfit Looks AMAZING on pale skin. Would buy over and over again, Wearabilty very good even after washing the pots!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not that the clever names of nail polishes impact my buying decisions (okay, who am I kidding... the names are half the fun), the fact that this NP is a nod to Chicago automatically makes it awesome.

The thin, darm, creamy formula is perfect for weeks when I want to feel edgy, but not shimmery. I don't like dark polishes that have shimmer. It makes me feel like Miley Cyrus going through a goth phase. This polish feels more sophisticated. It's REALLY dark, though. Lots of people think it is black. Totally not though. At least I can tell the difference. And let's be real, I'm wearing it for me, anyway.

Two coats. Really thin. Chips pretty fast. Double up on tips and top coat, for sure. A good top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Completely obsessed with this color. It looks black at night and a dark purple under lights or the sun. Such a great color for Fall and Winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I hardly ever choose the same polish colors when I have a manicure at the salon, but I have picked this shade the last three times I've had my nails done. I agree with other reviewers that while this is a dark color, it doesn't look overly goth or vampy. I think because of the slight violet/deep purple undertone, it takes away the harshness of the dark midnight black shade. It's perfect for everyday wear and daring enough for dressy evening looks. I found a great drugstore dupe for this, Loreal's Breaking Curfew that I use when I do my nails at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple color in my collection, I love it. I would rate this higher than Essie's 'Wicked' mostly because I love OPI brushes.

This color looks gorgeous on toes when wearing peep-toe shoes! Also, great on short nails. Very vampy though, so I would not wear this color on long nails.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say about this polish that hasn't already been said? It's the greatest. The formula is a dream, and it dries so, so shiny. It resists chipping. It flatters all skin tones. Sometimes it looks black, but it's NOT black.. it's so much more interesting than that. It's that intense purplish color that so many polishes try for, but it doesn't yellow your nails like so many competitors. I get so many compliments on this color when I wear it. It's my go-to winter pedicure color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite polish color of all time. Really dark purple but not black. Flattering on all skin tones. Resists chipping. I also love Essie Wicked, but it chips quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first OPI polish I bought. (I was given yoga-ta try this blue as a gift so that doesn't count.) I was never into dark vampy colours but there's just something about this shade. It's absolutely gorgeous, perfect for fall. But I can see myself wearing this throughout the year. I loved it so much, I even wore it for my birthday. This colour adds a certain je ne sais quoi. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, deep, dark plum creme; it has no shimmer or glitter.. Very, very dark but has just enough plum to not be black. This polish applies so smoothly with no dragging or streaking--none at all. It dries quickly and is glossy. It's easy to see why it's such a favorite. It is really a flattering color for being so dark (I have very fair, cool-toned skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty into dark nail polish, so I finally grabbed a bottle of this. Lincoln Park After Dark, a deep plum shade, is a good alternative to anyone in need of a dark shade that finds black too 'goth' or stark. The first coat has a plum tinge to it, but the second coat leaves an opaque, glossy color that will probably look black to most people, except for polish fanatics and the color-knowledgeable. LPAD looks great on short nails and probably any skin tone. Great formula, great OPI brush, dries fairly quickly. Will definitely repurchase.