DevaCurl Angell

3.7

on 9/11/2009 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This gel smelled like a nice citrus melange--like Fresh's Lemon Sugar EDT. While it did not dry my curly hair, it was not moisturizing, and while it was not crunchy, it did not provide much hold. I used it both while air-drying and with a dryer, and it performed similarly both ways. It was better than using nothing, but there must be better gels out there...

on 8/16/2009 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I had initially posted a negative review based upon the results the first time I tried it. But, I decided to try it again, using it EXACTLY as Lorraine Massey describes in her book Curly Girl. After CO-washing my hair, I blotted the excess moisture from my hair, and applied the gel as described. I then used a diffuser to dry my hair, keeping touching with my hands to a bare minimum. Guess what?!?! I have GORGEOUS, frizz-free red ringlets that were very, very soft...not crunchy!!! For reference, I'm a curl type 3b/c. This is a lovely product, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/12/2009 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this gel. I used to use Redken's Crystal Curls, which I liked, but I will not repurchase that because Redken tests on animals. I got this product from a friend who has really thick, long curly hair. She described this product as "water in her hair" and passed it along to me. My hair is long, but fine, and this product makes my curls look AMAZING. Defined, bouncy, and beautiful! It actually has great hold. HG status for me!!!!

on 7/28/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like it. I have naturally wavy hair. I followed the directions and it made my hair fuzzy, frizzy, and it felt really dry. My hair is normally dry but this makes it worse. It provided no hold at all, my waves fell flat. For how expensive this line is, I expected something great. I was pretty disappointed.

on 6/14/2009 1:22:00 PM

I bought this, because Loraine Massey helped to develop it. Until I read her book, Curly Girl, I disliked my wavy, frizzy hair. I read the book, followed its directions and POOF! soo many people start complimenting me on my hair. "Your hair is gorgeus! Is it naturally curly," "You don't have to use a curling iron?" etc.
Anyways, this is a good, if slightly expensive product, I won't be buying this again because I like arc-angel more.

on 4/23/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This is okay in that it doesn't leave your hair crunchy but it doesn't have enough hold for my hair. My hair was soft and shiny but still on the wayward side. I think I will use rest of the line with Curl Keeper.

on 4/17/2009 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by a co-worker that works in a beauty supply store and honestly I thought maybe she knew what she was talking about. I have curly hair (not the tight curl kind) and am always looking for new ways to enhance my hair when I decide to let it airdry which is like all the time. So on the bottle the directions sound simple enough, apply when your hair is still wet, dry with a tshirt/towel, and style. This product did not do much for my hair, except establish stickyness and make it more dry and frizzy throught out the day. I was afraid to touch my hair all day because of what mess it would be by the time I got out of work. I think this product is wayy to overpriced for something that doesnt seem to work for a majority. I think maybe it would work for people with THIN hair...?

on 3/24/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This gel does wonders for my noncommittal curly hair. I have very thick, coarse hair, and it used to be very curly, but as it grew out it relaxed into waves. When I scrunch the gel into my hair after showering, it gives me great curl definition and shine that lasts all day!

One little thing-- I often shower at night, and if I put the gel in my hair before I sleep, I sometimes wake up with my hair a little stiff and in weird curls because of sleeping on it. However, I just spray some Devacurl Set It Free on, scrunch it up again, and it's all taken care of.

on 2/2/2009 2:52:00 PM

Overall, not a bad product. It's a light gel that won't leave your hair tacky or crunchy. However, when I used this product alone I find that it does nothing for frizz, has very little hold and didn't do much to enhance my curls. I started using it in combination with Frizz-Ease gel (1 part Frizz-Ease to 2 or 3 parts DevaCurl) and that seemed to give me enough hold to get through the day. If it were cheaper or worked well on its own I would consider repurchasing, but between the price and only being able to buy it from a salon I probably won't.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the first gel I've used that disappeared into my hair, spectacular texture! Some gels, like Korres' Lime Styling Gel and Redken's Ringlet were not only too heavy for my hair but I had to wash my hands to get rid of the slimy afteraffect. The fragrance is gorgeous, a lemon lime which is perfect with the DevaCare No Poo and DevaCare One condition orange fragrance. Holy Grail for me.

Popular Styling Products