August 31, 2014 | 932 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by poemssoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first AHA product and I love it. It makes my skin a litle oily even I heard that AHA makes skin dry. It broke me out at the beginning, but now, after 3 weeks, my skin is really brighter, softer, the pores are smaller and I feel some acne scars look better too. Use it with the Merlot day and night cream, they work wonderfully together. I will try the 10% lotion for my neck and their 14% serum after finish this jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first AHA product, so I have a bit of learning to do with this and will definately update when I figure out the perfect regimine. I am writting a review for first time users of this product or AHAs in general to learn from my mistakes. To start, I had semi-dry combination acne prone skin. Acne began when I was just about 26 (27 now).. always had clear normal skin before this, so this acne battle is new to me and I am trying to learn (while spening hundreds) what will work to combat this evil plague :(

I began using this daily 2x a day morning and night. I never had any adverse reactions like drying or stining or anything like that. I would follow up with Hope in a Jar moisturizer to avoid drying out. At first this was working wonders for me.. acne was clearing up nothing new was popping up.... so I did this for about 2 weeks

After 2 weeks or so I noticed that I was having a lot of clogged pores. Those little flesh colored acne bumps that you dont really mind so much if you have been dealing with cycts and inflamed pimples. But they started to multipy and my skin had a bumpy uneven icky texture to it.

Then I made the ULTIMATE MISTAKE .... I had a facial.... rashes, large scale break out on my cheek in a cluster which had never happened before. THIS WAS MY FAULT I didn't know that you should abstain from use a week before a facial and did not inform my asthetician of my use.

So I stopped using the AHA and I began to follow the Acne.org regimen...... :'( I really damaged my skin with all that Benzoyl Peroxide.. I was dry, flaking, swollen, red, painful rashes from cheeks to chin this misery lasted almost 2 weeks. I was cleansing with cold cream only to maintain moisture.

Now I am back to normal cleaning with Purity Made Simple using my Clarisonic at night again (but switched to the delicate brush and dont use for the whole min) I plan to alternate nights with the Clarisonic and the Alpha Hydrox.

All in all I think this product can do wonders if I use it properly. So I will update when I complete this new regimen... hopefully something will work for me soon.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ReandJustin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Oh man! I was really excited to try this, after reading so many positive reviews. But, sadly...I just cant keep it up....as it causes me to break out with cold sores!!! So, this review is for people who have the cold sore virus in their system...do not use this! Even if you stay away from your mouth/chin area...you will still get them. I have googled AHA and cold sores..and I keep coming up to the same info...it is a no-go for people ike me. I wish I would have done that before I bought the Alpha Hydrox products. I went on a kick and bought the swipes and the oil free 10% gel, too.

I am not giving this a low review because its total ineffectiveness, but more so bc it just wasn't for me. I cannot use it. I noticed I kept on getting very small, blister-like/white head -like spots either right near by lips, or half on my lip and half on my skin. I never get pimples there. But I thought, maybe this is the purging. Then, I thought, well I do get cold sores, so maybe I am just getting a cold sore. Even though they didnt really look like a typical cold sore.

But after a couple weeks now, and constant little blisters near my lips...and after researching AHAs and finding out they cause cold sores in those people who have the cold sore virus...I have come to the conclusion that the little blister like pimple spots are little cold sores. I noticed they would pop up, go away, but never fully go away, so my mouth area would look a little uneven and red, then they would just pop up again! The only good thing is that they are not the horrible, nasty, large, painful, crusty cold sores. Just small little ones that look like pimples..but still, I don't want them around my mouth!

This is probabaly why my breakouts seem to be getting better...except for my chin/mouth area..bc the damn cold sores don't go away. I thought they were pimples the whole time, so I was layering the AHA on them..only to realize now they were cold sores.

I'm not good with time frames...I have been using this for about 3 weeks. Honestly, I have not noticed anything dramatic, regarding the texture or softness of my skin. My breakouts, yes they are better, but I am also back on Doxy, Rx BP, as well as using fish oil, zinc and black currant oil for clear skin, elimating dairy and on a juicing with veggies and fruit kick. I was stupid and stopped my Rx meds back in Nov, bc I had been clear for over 2 yrs. I was clear up until March, then all hell break lose, and my skin looked the worst it has ever looked.

I used it in the AM and PM. I dreaded it for about a week and half. It stung, not just for 30 seconds like most people say, but more so for about 15 minutes afterward. I have tough skin, too. Not sensitive. I would wash with the Alpha Hydrox cleanser first, then apply the souffle, then wait and would apply my Rx BP. I did not use a moisturizer, like they say to. But I did not experience any dryness or flaking or peeling. Just a little bit, but from the BP. This week it did not sting as much. And it only lasted for about a minute. So, my skin definitly got used to it.

I will say though, I guess I did notice my pores on my nose get smaller and less blackheads. Though, they weren't real noticeable to begin with, but when I would look in a magnifer mirror, I'd see them. And this week, I did not notice any when I looked in my mirror. Oh, and I don't really know if I purged, because like I said, I was already breaking out bad, plus I may had already purged when I started back up on my Doxy pills. I did have some new smaller breakouts in areas of my face that I was not breaking out in...but I can't say for certain it was the purge. And more so, just my skin going crazy :-(.

I wanted to keep using it, to see if I would notice the great results like so many people have raved about...but I can't deal with these little annoying blister like sores.

Hope this helps anyone who gets cold sores...don't try it! It may help but you'll be plauged with annoying bumps all around your mouth.

EDIT: It has been 5 days since I stopped the Souffle. My little bumps around my mouth were already smaller the next day after I stopped, and completely gone by day 3 of no Souffle. Also, my breakouts have significntly decreased this week..but that may be from my regimine of vitamins and RX.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by kellie69

i have to say this is one of the best creams i have used, with just using it for 5 days my pores are smaller and some of the deep wrinkles are getting smaller which i just cant get over (happy days) it does sting just a little bit some times but only on some of the wrinkles the rest of my face seems fine. I have never written a review before so for me to take the time to write this the cream must be good. I still have two deep wrinkles under my eyes which it is helping but not as fast as the couple on my cheeks (years of smoking which i still do) but i have to say im starting to like what i see at last, and apart from that people are saying i look younger and cant believe im 42 which has never happened,cant wait for the next few weeks to see have much more it can do.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by alexdry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this and noticed the difference in my skin. The brown spots evened out and the pores became less noticeable. If it were readily available, I would have reordered and may yet anyway. I've been trying other aha products since and find that they are fine too. Probably not as good as this but easier to get hold of.

If you see it, buy it would be my recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purged when I first started using the product. It took me about 2 weeks to get past that stage. I purged after I stopped using it too. In between, my skin looked less red, more tamed, acne had dried out and was overall more even. Why did I stop? Im a beauty junkie, I wanted to try new stuff. Especially more natural, less chemical products that can be used for life. It wasn't the new product, because it happened every time I used this in between & went on to another. If your going to use this for life, then invest in it (money and time wise). If your looking to get over your problem skin phase & switch to more natural/organic or even oils in your daily routine then this will just be a major delay for you. Choose your pick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by anajosefinagianan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this product!!! its so really effective and very affordable. im happy that i found this amazing cream!!!:D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by loonieme

ahhh so i started using this product on Sunday night and I was pretty iffy about using it because I have very acne prone skin. to be honest, my skin is breaking out pretty badly, and I have every kind of pimple at the moment. from little whiteheads to big painful zits. ahh i'm sure this is my "purging" stage, and I'm hoping for these breakouts to clear up in the following weeks! good thing is though that I don't feel any sort of tingling or pain at all when using this. overall, my skin complexion looks much brighter and my skin tone looks more even. i will definitely keep using this product!
UPDATE! so i've been using this for about two and a half weeks now, and i am definitely still in the purging phase. it's quite a nightmare, but i'm determined to stick with the product until this purging phase is over. i'm getting lots of pimples on my chin, and also tiny little bumps all over my cheeks and jawline. SO FRUSTRATING.
UPDATE #2! i started using clean and clear persa gel, which is a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, and it literally cleared up my bumps within a couple of days. my skin is now looking so amazing. the aha has really evened out my skin tone and my skin just looks so much smoother. loving it! i will update again after a couple of months because i know that my skin will only continue to improve after more time using this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Go to your nearest Walgreen's and buy this cream NOW! This is by far the best purchase I have ever made...period! I am a week into using AHA Souffle and my skin has never looked better. It's truly a miracle! My complexion is brighter, more even and I've kissed my breakouts goodbye! I have deep undereye creases right where my undereyes meets
my cheeks. Boom! ...Significantly smoothed out in three days flat!
I am a believer now. I will never be without an extra jar of this cream in my possession. It stings a little at first but it's worth the results. I've read about people going through a purging stage and a peeling stage but that has not happened to me. The worst thing so far is I got a little in my eye and it stung like hell! Go get this product!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream is a dream come true. I'm on my second jar now, and it's definitely HG status for me. It's given me the best skin of my life! Totally clear, even, smooth, soft.... and consistently so! it's amazing. In the past i was really liking Retin-A, but it was always touch-and-go with dryness, etc. But this alpha hydrox soufflee is so much easier on the skin with much better/faster results. Since using this cream at night, i don't have to use a cleanser in the morning anymore --just a splash of water. And at night i cleanse with Olay Daily Facials for normal skin. That's it. Fantastic cream and definitely worth a try. In the past i tried using the gel formula, but it was too drying. This soufflee is much gentler, and more effective.