MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

on 1/22/2012 5:34:00 PM

I get compliments every time I wear this skinfinish by MAC. Stereo Rose is more a blush than a highlighter to me - and that is how I use it. I lightly sweep it up my cheekbone just above my bronzer and it leaves a nice sheer swatch of color. Even though I am older, I do not notice that this settles into lines such that it looks inappropriate for my age. I bought this when MAC had it out again with one of their collections because everyone was raving about it on line and I am glad I did! One will last a long time, if not a lifetime!

on 8/19/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim. So glad I did! I didn't really think I'd like it at first because I'm often intimidated by these types of colors. But this blush is so beautiful! I just sweep this across my cheeks and boom! Ah I just love this msf! I bought a backup ... But hopefully they bring it back again! -___-

on 7/27/2011 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this lovely skinfinish as a prize from a giveaway. I love how it completes my look softly. I would recommend not to use too much at once because all of the shimmers. Just a light hand would suffice to give you soft coral pink cheeks, especially for oily skin users. You don't want extra shine.

on 6/19/2011 6:38:00 PM

ah this is my holy grail highlighter/blush! I wear it everyday. Looks very good on fair-medium toned skin. Not too shimmery, just perfect.

on 4/30/2011 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Originally, I bought Stereo Rose b/c of all the hype and the reviews ppl did on it when it first came out. I did not buy it the first time it came out, but I did buy it when it was repromoted w/ the In the Groove collection.

When I saw pics. of Stereo Rose from the original collection it came out w/, it looked STUNNING! It was a light coraly/pink w/ some bronze veining. However, when it was repromoted w/ the In the Groove collection, it changed to a very deep coral color w/ bronze veining. I still bought b/c it looked like a pretty color. When I got home and put it on my cheeks, it was too coraly/red. There wasn't enough pink tones in it for me to make it work.

I would reccomend this to those who like very warm blushes in the deep coral/almost red-orange category. Personally, I would not purchase this again. If MAC repromoted Stereo Rose and it looked like it did when it came out around 5 years ago, I would buy it.

on 4/30/2011 7:56:00 PM

This absolutely functions very well as a summer blush. Gives you a lovely corally glow. I used it all summer and loved it, but stopped in the winter as well. In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was worth all the hype either...but I suppose that's easy to say when you're one of the people who actually got their hands on one, hmm?

I wore this blush all summer long last year. It was really my go-to blush. I stopped using it after summer though. It didn't look that good on me during the fall/winter. I hope this summer I can go back to falling in love with it again.

on 3/2/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was actually gonna pass on this item when I heard it was being repromoted, all the hype made me not want to buy it. But I went into my mac store and fell in love. It is such a pretty soft peachy pink color and it applies so smoothly. However I do not think it is worth paying over retail price on ebay.

on 2/16/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this again...if I ever ran out AND it was not LE. I got lucky in obtaining this item, and I'm glad I did. In any case, on my NC25 skin, this goes on peachy pink and slightly shimmery. I was surprised by how nice it looks on me. A nice addition to the MAC mineralize line...if they make it permanent.

Edit 5/2011: I find I'm using this more now as the weather warms up and I'm getting a bit of color. The slight shimmer is nice. I wish I could try the older formulation, as many people seem to like that one better.

on 1/30/2011 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Unlike most MSFs, Stereo Rose did not make me look like a disco ball upon application. I hated it at first when I applied it with a blush brush as it made me look clownish, but then I switched to a stippling brush and voila! A lovely, peachy, radiant glow. A stippling brush allows you to gradually build up the intensity as and when it's needed. I've since learnt that a light hand is a must when it comes to MSFs, which is all the better since this is a limited edition product and by applying it with a light hand, the product will last you a little while longer! Besides that, my other grouses lie with its price (it is rather pricey for a blush) and flimsy packaging (the transparent window comes off after awhile).

Video Reviews & Tutorials