April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by yumifishie

This absolutely functions very well as a summer blush. Gives you a lovely corally glow. I used it all summer and loved it, but stopped in the winter as well. In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was worth all the hype either...but I suppose that's easy to say when you're one of the people who actually got their hands on one, hmm?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by theebeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this blush all summer long last year. It was really my go-to blush. I stopped using it after summer though. It didn't look that good on me during the fall/winter. I hope this summer I can go back to falling in love with it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually gonna pass on this item when I heard it was being repromoted, all the hype made me not want to buy it. But I went into my mac store and fell in love. It is such a pretty soft peachy pink color and it applies so smoothly. However I do not think it is worth paying over retail price on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I would buy this again...if I ever ran out AND it was not LE. I got lucky in obtaining this item, and I'm glad I did. In any case, on my NC25 skin, this goes on peachy pink and slightly shimmery. I was surprised by how nice it looks on me. A nice addition to the MAC mineralize line...if they make it permanent.

Edit 5/2011: I find I'm using this more now as the weather warms up and I'm getting a bit of color. The slight shimmer is nice. I wish I could try the older formulation, as many people seem to like that one better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by travelbug89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike most MSFs, Stereo Rose did not make me look like a disco ball upon application. I hated it at first when I applied it with a blush brush as it made me look clownish, but then I switched to a stippling brush and voila! A lovely, peachy, radiant glow. A stippling brush allows you to gradually build up the intensity as and when it's needed. I've since learnt that a light hand is a must when it comes to MSFs, which is all the better since this is a limited edition product and by applying it with a light hand, the product will last you a little while longer! Besides that, my other grouses lie with its price (it is rather pricey for a blush) and flimsy packaging (the transparent window comes off after awhile).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I really love this blush. I have been using it a lot lately and I keep getting comments about how glowy and radiant my skin looks. I love that it goes with a lot of different looks but my favorite way to wear this is with a smokey eye and a nude lip. I know it's silly to write a review for this because there are already so many and its something you can't get anymore, but I really love this blush and highly recommend it.

UPDATE:
I am so happy I bought this blush even though I spent a little more than it was worth on ebay. It is my favorite of all and I have several blushes including other MAC, NARS, NYX, etc. etc. etc. This goes with so many looks and really gives me a pretty, natural flush.
I really hope this comes out in another collection at some point so I can stock up, even though I use mine nearly every day for the past 7 and it looks like I just got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this really is worth the hype.
the lady @ the mac counter said it would give you a goddess type glow.
she was 110% correct! it is the perfect mix of gold and coral... fantastic.
the only thing i did notice is that the top of the msf gives you a nice color than later down.... still fantastic!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this MSF. I only bought it because it was available on nordstrom.com, so I thought, hey why not? I tried several ways to use it as a blush and a highlighter. As a blush, it was too shimmery on my cheeks. The color was amazing but too shimmery. I tried using it as a highlighter but then again, it was too shimmery or too pinkish on my skin (NC30). I put it on top as a highlighter on my cheekbone on top of my blush and it looks amazing. I only do a swipe with my blush brush and swipe it onto the tops of my cheeks and the color and shimmer and sheen contrast with my blush is beautiful. I could see this lasting forever for me considering I hardly touch it. I got it when the collection came out for the new stereorose when everyone went crazy for its release, and use it a couple of times a week and it looks good a new still and its been.. half a year? or so? but yeah. if it comes out again, GO GET IT. Don't believe the hype though, it's good, but not SUPER AMAZING. So if you don't think you need it then pass, you won't die. trust.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I love it! I didnt understand the hype when this came out a few months back and I wasnt bothered that it was sold out.
Then I was offered this in a swap and I thought why not and am so pleased I now have this.It looks beautiful in the pan and is unlike any other blush/highlight I have.Theres no glitter,just a glow which at my age is vital ;o)
I've worn this alone as a subtle blush and it looked gorgeous and lasted hours and today I wore it over franklyscarlet and it looked lovely too.
Im thrilled I ahve this now and its become one of my fave makeup items.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.