October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Georgiaokief

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is great for people with sensitive skin living in temperate climates. For years it was the only moisturizer I would put on my face. It's lightweight, quickly absorbed and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. I would say it provides mild to moderate moisturization.

The down sides are that it comes in a tub, which is hard to keep sanitized. It doesn't contain any UV protection and it doesn't really cut it in arid (desert) climates. It's also a tad expensive, but not as bad as a lot of high end moisturizing products.

But I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, who doesn't like greasy feeling moisturizers. It's great underneath of makeup because it isn't remotely oily and is pretty quickly absorbed into the skin. All in all, I was pretty happy with it. Until I started getting older and needing more UV protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now- this product is overall good. It does moisturize the skin and makes it feel soft and supple. However I don't recommend it for people with dry skin- the name of the product is highly misleading. It is great for normal or oily skin. During the summer i like to put SPF cream on top of it and i have to say that it does make a difference in the end of the day.No effect on wrinkles or fine lines what so ever , it is just moisture in a jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cpetersen

This is the best moisturizer for my skin! It makes me skin feel super soft and it doesn't clog my pores at all. This is a must have for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THE NAME DOES NOT LIE!
I've been using this on my face after cleansing and toning and it instantly makes it feel super refreshed. It has quite a watery gel-like consistency and a little really does go a long way.
I love using it in the winter when my skin gets extremely dry and this stuff just makes it so much better and takes away any dryness on my face!
It is very pricey for such a small tub but this would definitely be my one splurge item. There really is nothing like it that I have found in drugstores or for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jmakena07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

First time reviewing!this moisturizer is almost $50. I found my skin moisturized well through the day! Down fall it had no SPF!& honestly mine got done & didn't feel the need to restock! Just bought my olay $8 moisturizer with SPF

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

no moisture for the dry skinned ladies i should say. maybe normal skin wouldn't like it much either.
little 7 ml jar was sent to me as a gift. as the name indicated "surge" and "extended" i gave it to my mum right away. when she tried, she said " are you kidding me? this does nothing to my skin!" she is 65 years old and she has extremely dry skin, on the contrary, i have oily t-zone, well, it didn't do wonders for sure, but i really liked under the make up.
foundation glides almost perfectly over this (not sure but feels like it has slicones). so i must say it feels like a primer instead of moisturizer. the name definitely misleads.

it has mildly chemical scent and packaging is an ordinary jar
i didn't hate it. i can give it another go as it didn't make me shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by EleBees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ended up getting rid of this with the jar being basically full - it hurt my wallet to do so, but I knew I'd never use it again. I used it for about 2 weeks and it did nothing for my dry/patchy areas, and in general it was a let down. It definitely gave my skin no thirst relief at all, and only enhanced my dry patches. I saw no positive change on the oily areas of my face either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Mandymoo202

This is supposed to be super moisturising but I actually find it makes my skin more dry even straight after application. I have used for a few weeks now and still no better. Clarins hydra quench is much better and cheaper too

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by epm2323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product - having used it years ago, the only barrier to me re-purchasing was price. Leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, and my make up goes on much smoother.

Not sure if related to the moisturiser, but I was experiencing breakouts before I changed back to this product, and since the swap my skin has looked fantastic (past 2-3 months). This is the only change I can attribute it to...

Currently teaming this with the Moisture Surge eye cream and loving it - a little goes a long way so I think I will be re-purchasing when my tub runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I will be trying Clinique skincare products again. I have tried so many, and all of them let me down. This was no different, however it was probably the best product from the brand that I tried.

I bought this moisturiser when my skin was very dehydrated. My skin is combination and at the moment it is quite dehydrated.

What I liked about this moisturiser:
- It's fragrance free
- Feels nice on the skin (cooling)
- Leaves skin feeling soft and with a nice glow to it
- Did not, at any point, made my face shiny
- No harmful/undesirable effects

What I disliked:
- Even though it's fragrance free it smells a bit bad
- Does not moisturise per se, it just softens the skin due to the high silicone content
- Jar is not sanitary
- Has a very misleading name- this did not give me a moisture surge!

Maybe this moisturiser is too light for my skin. I tend not to get enough hydration from oil free moisturisers anyway. But still, for the price I was expecting this to moisturise a bit better. It really just sort of sits on my skin making it smooth and slippery. Will not buy again.