July 30, 2014 | 1909 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got samples of it and it definitely isn't my fragrance.

I'm a not a floral scents person, for some reason they make my head hurt and don't blend well with my chemistry. This fragrance has strong jasmine in it, there's musk and amber but the fragrance still comes off as a very deep floral. Because of this, I can't imagine anyone wearing this during the daytime but it can be a good option for a night out.

I kind of feel it's unfair to review fragrances, since it's such a personal choice, but if anyone is like me and dislikes florals, I'd advice you to certainly try it first. If you're looking for a fragrance to go out at night, something that it's very deep and floral, you might like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this scent, it's very complex, signature- people will know what you're wearing at first whiff. It is very potent, a bit goes a long way. This lasts for hours on me, and I simply love this scent as much at the end of the night as when I first spritzed it on. Going out at night is when I wear this fragrance, it's too bold for everyday or office wear. I usually exclusively like scents where fruit/tropical notes are dominant, which is not the case with this scent. I first tried this in a sample, and i did not like it much at first, liked it much better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Angel is just ok to me, i like this scent much better. The flacon is gorgeous, and I don't care for packaging, I care for what's inside, but it doesn't hurt. I ordered a small size of the sunessence version- I hope i love it as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lyndsaygoodbrand

I love this perfume. It is my absolute fave and has been for about 6 years now. I've lost count of he amount of people who have asked me what I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only words to describe this are sexy, strong, and seductive.... PERFECT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

I am on the fence with this perfume, i smelled the parfume of this and it smelled weird, but i still cant determine if I dont like it. i hear that the toilette is much better but i havent tryed that one either. If you want to buy this perfume I suggest you go into macys and try it first on your skin and see if you like it, dont buy this blindly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh my dear God. This is the absolute perfume for me. Once I smelled it from a sample,I said that's it. Now I cant go on a day without it. I can really smell vanilla,although to me jasmine is stronger(I have the eau de parfum). Later on,it gets more spicy and musky. It has this sexy,seductive smell.it's just wonderful.My clothes smell with this even after washing them and my pillowcases too.!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by alaras

I adore Alien. It's rich and lush but still 'clean', Still one of the most original juices out there, it's not for anyone younger than 25 in my opinion but still it's not mature or a 'diva'. It has a non domineering presence. Soothing even with it's warm spiciness. I'd wear this day and night, summer and winter. My only trouble is on my skin (nc20 from mac), it does not shimmer as it does on other people. How many times I asked a lady about her perfume and it was Alien. But on me it becomes a one-dimensional, musky fragrance and it becomes 'heavier'. Well, that's to do with my skin chemistry. This perfume is absolute must have if it suits your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by morsonel

I looooove Alien! I feel it so cozy to me in an unique way. Like it's a part of my body, natural smell, inner emotion, feelings...you name it! Can't use words to describe it. I felt it was a little bit strong at first but it settle down nicely in few hours and in the evening I could still feel it on my wrists. It's strong but sexy. I can't say if it is sweet, as I am so used to it. It is the first perfume that likes me and I smelled many over the years. Not for everyone I suppose. One should definitely test before buying (at least twice). I guess it is expensive (it was a gift from my husband after I cried for two months that I want this perfume:D) but I am sure it will last at least 3 years as I don't use it every single day and a little goes a long way. I have it for 6 months now and I barely see it's missing from the bottle. I would have liked a better bottle (for some reason I am not that attracted to this one; the lid feels loose). I get so many compliments on this perfume. Will definitely ask my husband to repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mollie3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance, I like a scent I can smell all day, one that makes me want to keep sniffing my wrists. The closest I can come to as a comparison is red door by arden. It is very similar, yet softer and not cloying (which is why red door is in the drawer, not on me).
Alien also reminds me of a scent from the 70's which I know not the manufacturer - only one word on the bottle - "civet", which was a very clean musky scent. I love this perfume, it is sweeter than I like (my favs are boyfriend, clean ultimate and amazing grace). Alien is close to boyfriend, but its scent signature is unique and there is nothing exactly like it that I have found. Very pretty and sexy, use it lightly, it lasts (I like that)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by renebaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think Alien is a seductive oriental type perfume. It is very strong so one spray is enough to last you all day long. It is a bit expensive but worth it. I give it a 5.