September 30, 2014 | 1616 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by redeverlasting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not a perfume wearing type of girl. I initially smelled this in a magazine sample and loved it. It smelled so wonderfully good, unique, and captivating...in the magazine.

I bought it for Christmas and the bottle is still nearly full almost 2 years later. Im so glad I didnt allow my husband to talk me into buying the whole set.

About the smell...I can't put my finger on it and this will be interesting coming from a person who knows no flowers or plants etc...but if I were to tell you what it smells like, the closest thing I can associate it with is floral roach spray. There, I said it. Thats exactly what it smells like. Its a keen, overpowering, looooonglasting fragrance. I asked my husband to smell it and he withdrew from my neck and made an ugly face from the offensiveness of it. He was surprised it was the same perfume he had tried to pressure me into buying the bigger package of.

This doesnt smell good on me at all folks. You better take this on a test run before you commit to buy. I wish I had.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good lord. This fragrance is so one-note. I got a sample of it thinking I'd love it (I love Michael Kors and reviewers often draw parallels between that frag and this one) but oh god, no. It screams at you like a bad 80's hair metal song. It's not a definite scrubber but I couldn't wait for it to dry down and fade a bit. I liked the one note I could pick out but it smelled incredibly synthetic. I much prefer Angel to this but even then, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on it. The only upside? It's not boring!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Absolutely LOVE this!! I wear Angel in the summer and Angel in the winter and I always receive compliments for my perfume! I've tried various other perfumes (Jimmy Choo, Cavalli, Chanel etc) but I always find myself returning to Mugler!! Been wearing this for years and now I don't ever intend on changing fragrances.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by JessieJessJess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ewwww!!! This perfume is terrible, smelt like plastic powder and a granny. Stay miles away from it!! Thank God i didn't pay for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by rasputin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Thierry Mugler ALIEN. EDT (2005, Nose: Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere). Citrus/White Multifloral. The image is of a sundappled late-spring profusion of white flowers, with sambac jasmine, a slightly grape-y neroli, tart honeysuckle, and possibly tuberose, peach blossom and narcissus. Subtle green notes smell sharply like the broken stems of paperwhites. The head is a brilliant, sunshiny gleam of orange, lemon and lime, transparent and almost sherbet-sweet, but not quite. So shiny is this scent, that it is almost metallic... accounting no doubt for the perfume's title. In the EDT at least, the basenotes (wood, amber, cashmeran) are hardly perceptible-- and exist only in far drydown as a sandy/powdery mirage: ALIEN is not about hidden roiling depths at all, but rather meant to be a top-heavy, brilliant upthrust of gleaming springtime. I imagine all the components of ALIEN are synthetic, yet they are so well-combined that they give an impression of a sharp-focused, high-res naturalness. Never cloying or cutesy or cosmetic/soapy, ALIEN is an eye-popping, sanguinely optimist's bouquet of natural white floralcy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got samples of it and it definitely isn't my fragrance.

I'm a not a floral scents person, for some reason they make my head hurt and don't blend well with my chemistry. This fragrance has strong jasmine in it, there's musk and amber but the fragrance still comes off as a very deep floral. Because of this, I can't imagine anyone wearing this during the daytime but it can be a good option for a night out.

I kind of feel it's unfair to review fragrances, since it's such a personal choice, but if anyone is like me and dislikes florals, I'd advice you to certainly try it first. If you're looking for a fragrance to go out at night, something that it's very deep and floral, you might like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this scent, it's very complex, signature- people will know what you're wearing at first whiff. It is very potent, a bit goes a long way. This lasts for hours on me, and I simply love this scent as much at the end of the night as when I first spritzed it on. Going out at night is when I wear this fragrance, it's too bold for everyday or office wear. I usually exclusively like scents where fruit/tropical notes are dominant, which is not the case with this scent. I first tried this in a sample, and i did not like it much at first, liked it much better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Angel is just ok to me, i like this scent much better. The flacon is gorgeous, and I don't care for packaging, I care for what's inside, but it doesn't hurt. I ordered a small size of the sunessence version- I hope i love it as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lyndsaygoodbrand

I love this perfume. It is my absolute fave and has been for about 6 years now. I've lost count of he amount of people who have asked me what I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only words to describe this are sexy, strong, and seductive.... PERFECT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

I am on the fence with this perfume, i smelled the parfume of this and it smelled weird, but i still cant determine if I dont like it. i hear that the toilette is much better but i havent tryed that one either. If you want to buy this perfume I suggest you go into macys and try it first on your skin and see if you like it, dont buy this blindly