December 18, 2014 | 1143 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Marcelle - Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is alot like the Lancome's makeup remover- similar packaging, even. It does take off all makeup. Actually, any remover I've bought has taken off everything--because I use hot/warm water on my eyes beforehand, then it doesn't matter what you use-it could be a cheap remover. The hot water helps break up the makeup, and no, it doesn't take any more time. I also do this so that I'm not ruining my lashes. This stuff is cheap and great. Also doesn't irritate the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the eye makeup remover 'With Green Tea & Cucumber Extract, Removes Waterproof & Long-wearing Makeup.' Awesome stuff. I squirt a very small amount on a damp microfibre facecloth and it removes all my waterproof eye m/u. Doesn't sting or leave a residue and washes off easily. Available at drugstores in Canada for $10 on sale, $13 regular. One 5oz bottle lasts me several months since I switched to a microfibre facecloth vs using on cotton pads.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by newchick

bought this because the saleslady said it was just like lancome's bificil. I don't agree. it didn't remove my waterproof makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked okay until I noticed little white bumps underneath my eyes (milia) - I guess it's the mineral oil in this product that may cause it . They've gone down considerably since I stopped use of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This is the best make up remover EVER. It's about $13.00 Canadian and lasts me a year. It's very gentle on my eyes and you don't need a lot of it to get your make up off. The liquids inside don't seperate quickly after shaking. It leaves my eyes feeling so smooth, never dry. I highly reccommend this product to everyone, it's definately a must-have.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bumble17

i've went through 2 bottles of this stuff already. It's not the best eye makeup remover i've ever used but it's sufficient. On the downside, this product DOES sting my eyes, which is a complaint i've come across occasionally in the reviews. and i don't even have sensitive eyes! The only reason i gave it 3 lippies instead of none is because this product does its job to say the least. But i'm sure there a better products out there that does the same job, without the pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jadkin

oh just a fantastic product. i have really sensitive, oily skin and this worked beautifully. waterproof makeup is still difficult to remove, but regular stuff just slides right off. doesn't leave that gross oily vision afterwards and i have yet to be irritated by it. at shoppers, i believe i paid about $8 when it was on sale. lasted about 3 1/2 months, so its pretty good, price-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

EDIT: This is starting to really sting my eyes, though I didn't change the way I used it. I thought maybe the water I was using on the cotton ball was making this seep into my eyes, so I've resorted to just using a dry cotton ball with this =)

I had a sample of Lancome's Bi-facil, which is basically the same concept of Marcelle, just a lot more expensive (Around $30-32CAD I think). This takes off makeup quickly, and doesn't leave you feeling oily. As it says in the directions, shake well. I usually wet a cotton ball with warm water, and then turn the bottle over on the cotton, because I find it takes it off quicker. It's fragrance-free (I'm guessing because this is for sensitive eyes?) whereas the Bi-facil smells like a light powdery rose. I found this for $10 at the Superstore (It was on sale) and I think it retails at around $12? You get a 150mL bottle, which is lasting me forever. Definitely a staple and a repurchase =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Aly_Mc

I use this every night, the lady at Shopper's Drug Mart recommended it. It takes my makeup off so fast. I hold a cotton pad over the top, and turn it upside down for a quick second, then sweep it over my eye a couple of times, then I do the same to the other eye. Then I stick the end of a Q-Tip in, and I use this to take off my eyeliner. Works marvelous! I like the fact that it is half oily, cuz it takes the makeup off so fast, just make sure to shake it before you use it cuz it seperates in the bottle. ALso, my eyes don't sting like they would with other makeup removers (cough Avon cough). Try it, it's fabulous!! And pretty cheap (about 10-13 Canadian dollars, depending where you buy it)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 2:27:00 AM More reviews by smae420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this eye makeup remover! I didn't experience any burning like I usually do when using removers! I liked thats its fragrance free and didn't irritate the skin around my eyes either! Its half oil and half liquidy stuff so have to 'shake well to activate'. I dabbed a small amount on a cotton pad and just gently swiped it over my entire eyelid and it practically melted it off, even my waterproof mascara! This is definatly my HG eye makeup remover from now on! $12 CDN.