TiGi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

3.1

on 7/26/2013 1:21:00 AM

About 2 years ago I bleached my hair *shivers* which was a big mistake. But I thought I was cool at the time and I wanted to keep it bright and damage free and I used this and the matching conditioner. Its an OKAY shampoo but I don't think it really made my hair any brighter or anything but I don't think it made it worse.

on 7/26/2013 12:42:00 AM

I just don't understand all the bad reviews, I have been using this shampoo for about a year and continue to get great results from this and the conditioner. It keeps my highlights bright and my hair in great condition. Granted I only shampoo 2x a week with it and use dry shampoo and cleansing conditioner when my hair needs a pick me up between shampoos but this shampoo has been a great buy for me and I would purchase again.

I was recommended this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner by a hairdresser at a Walmart Smartstyle salon. It was on clearance. When I got home I read the reviews of this product on this site and was horrified - I called to try and return it, but since it was on clearance I couldn't. All I could do was try it myself and hope for the best. Well, the shampoo an orangey-caramel scent that I wouldn't presume to leave hair smelling 'clean', although the scent itself is not bad. The shampoo lathers pretty well, yet after rinsing out, leaves my hair begging for a conditioner. It bunches up into big strands and I feel like if I would pull on it too hard, my hair would fall out. I have some highlights in my hair but I can't tell a difference on whether it made them more apparent or not. I'm going to finish up the bottle because when combined with a conditioner of a different line, the end result is not that bad.. But the accompanying conditioner is HORRIBLE, do not even try it. I'm disappointed in this shampoo considering the original price is pretty high, and it is a salon brand. I won't ever buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My friend gave me the set of the shampoo and conditioner when she wasnt happy with the results. I thought I would try it for myself and see if I liked it..bad idea. Not only did this leave my hair greasy like a lot of the other reviewers, but it also caused my scalp to itch like no other. I dont know what it is in this particular shampoo, but Ive never had that reaction from another shampoo. I threw this out, because I figured why pass along a bad product to a third person.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this shampoo about 3 months ago and I've used it about twice. It's been sitting in my shower ever since. It has a great fruity smell and I was drawn in by all of the colorful BedHead products with catchy names but this was a huge disappointment it made my hair extremely dry. Don't know or even understand why it says that it repairs damaged highlighted blonde hair that's how bad it is

on 5/21/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this to help protect my blonde highlights. Hair feels so gross, heavy, waxy, oily. I have been trying for over a week now and will have to stop I can't take my hair feeling this way. Also when I brush it, it breaks, is very frizzy and just nasty.

on 5/6/2013 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gross. I bought the one in the new white packaging. It delivers, I do feel pretty dumb for buying it without checking makeupalley.

on 1/13/2013 4:05:00 AM

This shampoo is great for blonde hair, I've used it on off for years but it is the conditioner that is making your hair feel oily and unwashed like described in the other reviews, even if you use a little of the conditioner it makes your hair feel oily, stay away from conditioner but this shampoo is lovely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this product! It made my over bleached hair feel nice and normal! It smells like grape lollipops and does a great job washing!

The only two downsides is that it had trouble lathering up, and it can leave hair feeling dry, but only in the drying process. Absolutely love it! I pair it with Moraccan Oil and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle to give my hair the full treatment of strengtheners, smoothers/softeners, and shine enducing.

on 12/7/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to go to the salon and dye my hair blonde again and I wanted to make sure I had a good shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair moisturized and easy to maintain since dying your hair blonde can be harsh. Before I bought the Bed Head Dumb Blonde (white bottles) shampoo and conditioner, I was a little nervous on whether or not I should get them because of some of the negative reviews I read but I just wanted to give them a try since my hairstylist suggested it. I did notice that these products do smell a tad like cat pee like some have said HOWEVER, it only smells like that when I blow dry my hair when the hot heat from the dryer hits my hair. Afterwards my hair smells really good. I know that sounds weird to say but it honestly does smell good afterwards like a citrus/flower kind of scent AND the smell lasts allllll day and that's even after I straighten my hair everyday! Normally shampoos and conditioners don't leave a lasting scent in my hair unless I go to town on my scalp for a good 10 minutes but this stuff does. I've been using this stuff for 2 weeks so far and it hasn't let me down yet! It keeps my blonde color vibrant and gives my hair a silky smooth finish. It goes on smoothly in the shower too. I have not tried the Bed Head Dumb Blonde (purple bottles) to know how the two different bottles compare but I am satisfied with this product and as long as I am blonde I will continue to use this product. Give it a try, it is not as terrible as everyone makes it to be but then again everyone's hair is different. My hair is fine/normal, I straighten it everyday, and have dyed my hair plenty of times to know what damaged hair is all about. So if you're anything like me, give this stuff a try. The least that will happen is you are out $50 bucks.