July 25, 2014 | 1984 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just OK for me. I use this when I switch off from Melting Gel by Studio Line a few times a month. Only this helps my roots to stay straighter by flat ironing when I'm over due for a relaxer. Not as great a hold, over all, as the Melting Gel, but it is gentler for my hair and doesn't bother my scalp like Melting Gel does sometimes.

One this I do notice is that I need to condition my hair very very well otherwise gels, mousse, liquids, leave in conditioners etc doesn't work right. My hair can be a punk sometimes!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This heat spray does not protect or make my hair feel shiny. When i spray it on it instantly makes my hair feel brittle and greasy. I don't actually know if this is protecting my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

My first experience with this brand and it was not a good one. Used this one time on my already straight hair to protect it from the flat iron that I use to "polish" my look and give some curl to the ends. My hair became totally limp and straw like and my ends would not "take" to the flat-iron, they wouldn't curl under, nor completely straighten out. It was like my hair was immune to the heat of the flat-iron, but not in a good "it's protected way" but in a "there's no chance in hell my hair is going to cooperate with any styling tool I use" way.

I really didn't like this and don't recommend at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Mom bought this on the weekend and I have to say I'm IN LOVE with it! Even though you have to wait a little until it dries after applying, it really does it's job when it comes to protecting hair from heat. Leaves hair surprisingly soft and shiny, not crunchy and broken like many other brands (like Got2B's). It's very good for the low price tag, you should definitely check this one out! Also, it smells amazing! Like a fresh soft perfume that's not too strong. Will repurchase again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a long time ago after hearing xteeener on YouTube using it. I bought mine about a few years ago and still use it. I don't use it every time before blow drying as I use another product as a leave in conditioner before blow drying. I only use this before using heated tools such as curling iron or flat iron with direct heat. First of all, I really like the smell of this. It is not too heavily scented and once it's in your hair, sometimes you can smell it when you move your head, which is something I don't mind. Using this, I don't find my hair having split ends or dry ends. If it is dry, it's because my hair was dry before, not because of the heated tools. I think this product works as I have not experienced any damage to my hair after using it. I've already bought 2 bottles of this and since I don't use it all the time, I think it works well. Would repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I saw great reviews of this product on MUA, so I decided to try it for the days when I use my flat iron.

I really like the smell! I like the spray bottle too - it gives a wide spray so 1 spritz covers a large section of hair. My hair feels softer and shiny after I use it. Before I purchased this, I didn't use anything on my hair before using the flat iron. I like my hair better since I bought this product because it has fewer fuzzy hairs sticking up too.

This is a great product for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This heat spray makes my hair so brittle, I don't enjoy it. I cannot tell if it is actually protecting my hair or not, because it feels so awful when I've used it. I spray a light mist into wet hair and style. The smell is good, the price is good, but I don't enjoy the way it makes my hair brittle between washes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not really sure about this product. I love the smell. It says you can spray it on dry hair and thats what i do because I shower at night then style my hair in the morning. The thing is when I spray this on dry hair it leaves my hair wet and when i run my straightener through it it feels like its damaging it =/ idk if im just using too much or what. So idk might just be me lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried several heat sprays and this is the one that seems to be the best. I LOVE the way it sprays out. It is the perfect, seamless spray. I use this on my girls' hair before curling and it seems to make it smoother. I really like this. I took a lippie off because if you put too much on fine hair -- it weighs it down -- so just be light-handed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for at least five years, and keep expecting to find one I like better, but so far, this is actually the best! I have very thick, wavy hair, and always layer a whole bunch of products just to reduce the volume and frizz. Sometimes I use a different "cocktail" of products, but my hair always looks so much more tamed when I start with this heat protectant. I spray it on when my hair is damp, out of the shower, then I add the other styling products. It seems to not only protect my hair, but aids in styling and control as well. Love it and have repurchased several times.