TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

This stuff is awesome!! I apply it right before I straighten my hair,and it only takes about 5 mins or less to dry, and when it dries it doesn't leave my hair hard or greasy or weird or anything like that. It just smells soooo good, leave smy hair soft, and it protects my hair from heat damage. What more can I ask for? I have tried Garnier Fructis Heat protectant, but it does not stand a chance compared to this one! I have gone through about 15 bottles ever since I discovered this(which was around freshman year, now I am graduated). It does last 2 or 3 months but if you use it every day it will last a month or so... I'll keep buying it!

I've owned this a fair few times and it seems to do an okay job. It doesn't leave any scent through my hair and dries quickly when sprayed. The spray evenly distributes through my hair and helps detangle a little.

I can't really comment on the heat protecting side of this since who knows if a heat protectant is actually working? There's no real way to tell. But my hair doesn't seem to be getting any more damaged and I straighten my hair almost every day so I guess it's doing something!

I'm currently using the keratin version of this and I can't really tell any differences. I normally gravitate towards different products once I've finished a bottle but I always repurchase this if I can't find anything new.

on 9/22/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this stuff! It smells fresh (although a bit chemical-y), the spray has a nice trigger action and coats my hair well, and it's very reasonably priced. This doesn't seem to leave any kind of residue on my hair and it seems to be helping my hair get and stay healthier. This is the first heat protectant I've used, so I don't have much to compare it to. I use a blow dryer regularly, but not a flat iron. I might try something else when this runs out, just for comparison's sake, but I wouldn't have a problem buying this again.

on 8/31/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite drugstore heat protectant. Smells nice and does not leave any residue on the hair and seems to keep it healthier longer.

on 8/18/2014 1:24:00 PM

I love this stuff haven't had to purchase it again a little goes a long way. And I have super thick hair. When I used to wear weaves I used this on it as well. Love love love this stuff!

on 8/17/2014 9:48:00 AM

I have used this product for about 4 years; it's not the product itself I have a problem with it's the packaging! The way it sprays is very good I get a nice even coat on my hair. The problem I have is that it leaks, on numerous occassions it has leaked in my bag (yes I do have it tightly sealed) and its dumped about half of the product and than I'm screwed. I've knocked it over a couple times accidentally and its still leaked. It makes me sad cause now I'm slowly starting to hate it.

on 8/14/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Disappointed with this product, had high hopes for this product after watching all the videos on you tube. Made my hair dry and crunchy after use.. haven't touched this after product again after my initial use.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used up three bottles of this heat spray, which is saying a lot because I have so many products I rarely use up a whole bottle, let alone three! The smell of this product is amazing and fresh smelling. I use it after my leave-in conditioner and spray it from roots to ends. It is water-based and doesn't dry particularly fast like some of my other heat protectant sprays (like my flat-iron balms and sprays), so it is best used when your hair is damp and you have time to let it dry before heat styling. I wouldn't recommend using this on dry hair when you're flat ironing your hair because it does not dry quickly. The bottle has a nice lock on the pump so you can pack it without worrying about it spraying out (the old bottle had a plastic piece you had to remove and keep track of which was difficult, so this is much better). This is a good product to use before you blow dry your damp hair and the smell lasts all day, I just love the smell of this spray. Overall, a good product for blow drying, not for heat styling.

on 8/5/2014 1:29:00 AM

this was the first and only heat protectant spray i've ever tried. it seems like it contains kind of added softener (Hydrolyzed Silk, perhaps) that makes my hair limp and flat.

on 7/29/2014 4:31:00 PM

Holy grail of protectors, leaves my hair super smooth and shiny and smells awesome

Video Reviews & Tutorials