October 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Full marks all round, I have repurchased this THREE times already before reviewing this product, I have fine dyed blonde hair and love to curl/ straighten/ blowdry frequently and this little gem has kept my hair super soft and strong throughout all my hair bashing! The packaging most certainly gets a 5 as you can move it around all angles and it's so easy to spray and it's a consistent spray, adore this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best heat protecting, taming spray I have found to date. I have really naughty hair. It's fine, but plentiful, kinked and cowlicked and frizz-prone...damaged in places and generally disobedient. Yet - I have noticed a difference with this product. Even in the high humidity where I live. I recently went back to blonde after being dark for ages...and the last time I did this, my hair was in pretty bad shape - now it's in pretty great shape! This product works superbly well with my GHDs to straighten, tame and keep it that way. After use, my hair is super soft and sleek. I love it and it's now my holy grail straightening spray. The bottle is large, providing lots of product and the sprayer emits a very fine mist - perfect for not drenching your freshly dried hair. The scent is subtle and fresh...and disappears shortly after use, anyway (I just used it and all I can smell is my usual conditioner). Affordable, too!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel bad giving this such a negative review especially considering that I am the minority here and that one of my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube recommend this; however, this product was truley awful for me!

A little insight to my hair before I begin: My hair is not 'kinky', but it is problematic with my curls and waves having seemingly uncontrollable frizz. Since I would not dare to wear it down in that sate, I used to flat iron my hair almost daily, only now have I begun to use it less to limit the damage. Because my hair is so thick I need high heat to straighten my hair (390 degrees). This may seem like too much but anything less will not at all do. The high heat and constant use have created even more damaged hair which is where the heat tamer should have came in.

After purchasing for about 5 US dollars, I sprayed this into my previously straightened hair to flat iron again and must say that this did smell kind of amazing. The bottle sprayed a nice mist and my hair didn't feel sticky or greasy in the least which is the only reason it got two lippies/lipsticks. I mistook this for a good sign and proceeded to straighten. Immediately I noticed how dry, brittle, and fried my hair looked compared to the other side. I had tons of those little flyaways that I call frizzies that absolutely refused to smoothen out! After that bad experience, I decided to try again to be sure after I had washed my hair a couple of days later and this time it was worse. My hair would not straigten right because it normally looks pretty natural when I do, but this time you could see all the indents from my waves that would not flatten and so forth. My hair looked so fried it was unbelievable!

I am definitely not going to repurchase but now I feel even worse because I will not finish the bottle and I HATE wasting money no matter how small an amount!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! But....the...sprayer broke! Now I'm stuck rubbing it in my hands and distributing. It definalty protected my hair all the way and made it more manageable though:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

This is going to be a short and sweet review.

This is probably the best heat protectant spray in my opinion. It does a great job. It makes my hair shiny and I definitely notice the more I use it the healthier my hair gets. I've used CHI Iron Guard and many other expensive hair protectants, but Tresemme beats them all and all for an unbeatable price. I don't remember the exact cost, but it's fairly inexpensive at your local drug store or grocery store.

I've used this on and off since my Freshman year of High School (about 6 years ago), and I still go back to this! Love love love.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Mariaanicoleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. So much better than the CHI iron guard

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Ohmygoshgiraffes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this along time ago before I tried not your mothers beat the heat thermal spray. I didn't really see that it did much for my hair at the time since it was very damaged. That's the only reason I have the rating four stars. The smell is lovely not too strong. It has a kind if silky milky color to it if that even makes sense. Other then that I can't wait to repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this spray. I use it before I blowdry my hair when I am going out. I wouldnt spray too much though because I did that a couple of times and it made my hair flat and heavy-like.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

I don't know if this product protects my hair from heat but I'm assuming it does???!!! I really like the nozzle it spreads the product really evenly. It's also really cheap so yayyyyyy!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm not going to rate this product on it's heat protecting qualities cause I honestly have no idea how it's even logical that a spray could protect your hair from 400 degree temperatures (if someone knows how/ if these things legitimately work, message me!). Anyways, this product leaves my hair really soft and shiny which I like but about halfway through the bottle, the nozzle got really clogged. I bought another bottle and the same thing happened. Until Tresemme sorts this out I won't repurchase.