September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by cvoor

I have tried other foundations, the simply ageless was just too shiny on my face, and I did not like the way it looked on. But, I like this one, it looks good on, nice coverage, oil free. I find myself going bk to this one time and time again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

For this review Im going to focus on talking about just the shades of the foundations. Im a light/medium beige with yellow undertone nc25 & ive tried 3 different shades. Ive wasted enough money on this garbage trying to find the right shade and Ive given up. I tried "buff beige" & "natural beige" then for summer I tried classic tan which I should have know better for that one. The classic tan has a more yellow undertone but was much too dark of course. Buff Beige was really ashy looking & Natural Beige was very orange. So off in color. Total disappointment. Anyway its typical problem of drugstore makeup to have a horrible time finding the right shade. Moving on to something else. I actually bought all 3 of them at Walmart which I wont do again because I found out that if I had bought them at CVS I could return the foundations as many times as I needed to until I found the right shade. Recently I asked a couple of employees at Walmart if I could do that and they had no idea. No help at all. Since thats the case Id rather buy at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been focusing on hydrating my skin overall and avoiding wrinkle formation. I bought this on a whim and immediately liked the smooth texture and finish this gave my skin. It blends well, is never cakey nor flaky and really applies well. The downside is no shade is quite light enough, but with blending it is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Bibi

My everyday foundation, I had started purchasing Cover Girl foundations after using Aquasmooth but as my skin is a little drier nowadays, I've given this one a go and m now hooked. First purchased this when it was still in the form of a pot and now as a pump bottle, I need only a little to get good coverage and a give a smooth moisturized finish. Looks a tad oily at the end of a hot day but all I need is to lightly blot. My skin has had no negative reactions to it, and feels moisturized at all times. Definitely good value product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLoverssss

Im 18 years old & ive been using this product since 3rd grade no lie. & its my savior, growing up w/ acne, i always turned to this foundation. Its smooth, Moisturizing, & blends/ evens perfectly. I recommended this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by JJOHNSON627

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst DS foundations ever! I have dry skin so I was hoping this foundation would work. When I first applied the foundation it seemed really moisturizing which was a + for me. However, after wearing for a couple of hours my face was an oil slick which is a rare occurance for me. I tried with and without studio secrets primer and hated it! The only reason I gave it 1 lippie is because of the pump packaging and color match. Maybelline Instant age rewind eraser treatment is not the best but it is much better than this junk if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. Plus Maybelline has a little more spf.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rocsugar13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The pump was great but i hate the foundation!!!!!!!!IIt just dried the crap out of my skin and i have dry skin anyways but it made it worse!!!!!!!Plus it had fragrence in it which irritated my skin and made my skin burn, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im shocked it got 4 i give it a 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This review is for the liquid in a pump. This product is a good color match for me. I love the pump--would love a squeezable tube more, but you can't have everything. It is made for a "mature" complexion, with the Olay stuff in it. Don't entertain any notion that it will cooperate with oily skin. It has a fruity/floral fragrance when applied, so be warned before you apply it.

It matches my skin tone, is easy to find in a pinch and has a 10 spf (broad spectrum I think), so it has a few things going for it. I'll update if I need to, but it's not a holy grail for me by any measure.

Edit: Will not purchase again--my face hasn't been this greasy looking and feeling since. . .well never! Not even during adolescence. Within a half hour of applying and setting with powder, I've got my own oil spill to contend with. I have rosacea which is controlled with metrogel, and most foundations at least provide some coverage of the residual redness, but not this, and I have found pimples that are definitely not rosacea related and can only be due to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by GlitterNights

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it's the best I've used yet. Not too yellow or pink, 135 medium light is perfect for me.
I have used their TruBlend whipped foundation and like it but this is better and the colors are the same.
It's thick and creamy so a little goes a long way; it's never cakey looking. It gives great coverage but yet looks natural. I just apply a little extra on blemishes. Is ok for my oily skin, no breakouts.
It has spf 10 and Olay ingredients, a nice bonus. I think it actually does take off 5 years from the look of skin as it claims. Will buy again when I run out but that will be awhile as I said before a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mfmblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It seems like people are commenting on both the liquid (shown in the pic) which comes in a pump bottle, and on the cream version (with the sponge applicator). I've used both, but this review is for the liquid/pump. I'm 45, have fair, dry skin (especially in the Northeast winters), and love this product for everyday. I can apply it quickly in trouble spots with my fingers, or use a makeup brush to get a nicer finish when I have more time. I use 120/creamy natural and 130/classic beige, depending on time of year and whether I've used a sunless tanning product lately. The price is great, it feels clean on my skin and no problems with breakouts.

I have used the other cream/sponge product and don't like it as much. I found the texture to be strangely drying, and the coverage not as good. I noticed many reviewers said they had used the CG Smoothers - I never liked that product either, so to each their own.

I've spent a lot of money on high-end foundations, and don't find they're worth it. I invest in skin care, not makeup. Bottom line, it's worth trying given the price. I have CVS near me, and they're great about letting you returned products you don't care for (with a receipt).