July 30, 2014 | 1490 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about Maybelline Great Lash in clear, as far as brow gel is concerned. I have brows that are naturally on the thinner side, but that tend to stray. So a good brow gel is a must, as it helps keep my brows looking tame and even a little thicker (since they're in place). This isn't the best brow gel I've used, but it's good for a drugstore product. A tiny bit goes a long way--so I make sure to wipe extra product off onto the edge of the tube before applying. Although it doesn't last ALL day, it does keep my brows in place for a good amount of time, without making them look or feel crunchy or stiff; I'm all for natural looking brows. I have used this as a clear mascara a couple times as well, and it works to naturally enhance lashes and hold them in place. I have long lashes already, so I imagine this would work better for those of us who do--not so much for those with shorter or sparse lashes, because this is a very basic product. As far as a brow gel goes, this is good-it's affordable and can be found at most stores. It does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I typically use the ELF clear brow/lash gel which is $1 and it works fine. I thought I would give this a shot tho since I seem to go thru the ELF gel fairly quickly. Here's what I like about the Maybelline:

smaller, precise wand for application. No clear clumps. Doesn't leave my eyebrows crusty. A lot more product.

I love this product. For a few more dollars, I can get a better application and longer use of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Freshpink29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for eyebrows, not great for eyelashes. Keeps brow hairs in place and makes me feel fresh. It seemed to weigh my eyelashes down and droop even though I curled them beforehand. Had been wanting to try this for a while and it disappointed me as a mascara for eyelashes. I don't know if I'd buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I naturally have dark thick eyebrows like cara delevingne and I use this as a brow gel. When I put on my foundation, my eyebrows tend to become lighter from the makeup... So I just re-darken them with this brow gel. It's quick and simple! And I don't have to use my eyebrow pencil to darken my brows (like they were prior to putting my foundation on)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by andreaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product, it tames my brows and if a want a little length on my lashes, only problem, it kind of breaks me out on my eyebrow area overall good product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

loves it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by GinniAffliction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't use this for my brows.

I heard using clear mascara before curling lashes will hold a curl for the whole day. So I got this @ Bed Bath and Beyond for a little under $5 (4.56 I believe?)

My lashes are long, extremely dark and have decent volume. But they grow straight down. :(

I used this, waited for the mascara to dry and curled my lashes. I have a super cheap curler too, no shu uemara here :P

This holds my curl for the whole day until I wash it off. I've layered other mascaras on top and this doesn't cause clumps or make my lashes brittle.

The only downside is that it's overly goopey and I have to wait a while for it to dry.

Overall, I like it but the waiting is a turn off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fan-friggin-tastic. It's super cheap, and works like a charm on my brows. It use it after I've filled in my brows with a pencil and it just gives them great shape, holds up pretty well and dries quickly. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love using this product for my eyebrows.... Works great and it's cheap. I have repurchased this a few times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this for years, until I found E.L.F. clear mascara and brow gel. I use it for the brow gel. The clear Maybelline is goopy, takes forever to dry, too thick, etc. Also 3-5X the price of the E.L.F. brand.