Glysomed

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glucose, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel extract), Alcohol Denatured, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Citric Acid, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

We've already bought numerous tubes of this at home. It is my favorite hand cream at the moment. Everytime I play piano I have to use this or my hand doesnt glide as well...It's a psychological thing, but I just like to use hand cream, and this happens to be the best that derms recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

- Has no smell.
- Leaves even the flakiest skin smooth.
- Haven't really noticed how long it last, but its not that long, but I also have very dry skin in general.
- Will not buy again because when I apply it leaves my hand greasy.

I don't hate the smell, but I dislike it more then I like it. It does help me to "moisturize," but sometimes it just feels like an annoying greasy film over my skin that prevents further dehydration. I guess that's a good thing, but it sort of annoys me. I think I'll look around for other hand creams, or at least the unscented one of this. Also it makes my hands more sweaty, which is annoying when I need to use my fingers for everything and they are all slippery.

Best hand cream ever. This makes my hands feel like butter after I apply it and let it sit for awhile. My only con with this product is that it is quite greasy once applied and awhile after so I have to wait awhile before I do anything. It keeps my hands moisturized very long and they feel great after.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have used Glysomed hand cream and body lotion before, but I haven't used them enough to give a proper review, so I am writing this review specifically for the Glysomed Foot Balm.
Before using Glysomed Foot Balm, I had very dry and callused feet. This thick, somewhat greasy, peppermint scented balm did a great job at soothing and softening my dry skin. What is really noteworthy about my experience with this product though, is when I used it on the skin on the side of my right big toe, which for many months, was EXTREMELY dry, broken, cracked, and painful! When I applied Glysomed Foot Balm to my toe every night, the cracked and broken skin was healed within a few days. The best part about this product is the price. Glysomed is a very inexpensive drugstore lotion that actually does what it's supposed to. (I want to say the gift set of about five of Glysomed lotions was something like $15CAD)
As I said before, the balm is a bit greasy, but since its not on my hands, and I am wearing it to go to sleep anyway, I don't mind at all!

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product for years and I love it!
It does feel greasy upon application, but once it sinks in your hands feel really soft. I personally love the smell, or more or less I don't mind.
My hands have been really dry lately, and this and moisture gloves at night has been a real life saver for my hands!
Will definitely repurchase.

The smell is terribly, unreasonably strong, so strong that the first time I applied this cream, one of my nostrils, which is prone to allergies, got blocked terribly. Okay, that seemed to be my problem. Then, many many months later, I gave this cream a try one more time after my allergy problems had improved a great deal and when my nostril had not suffered blockage for a long period of time. Tada! My nostril got blocked again!

As for the moisturizing effect, it uses glycerin and silicone to lock in moisture. I feel that it is the silicone that makes the texture of this cream so heavy. There are many hand creams on the market that moisturizes very well without feeling heavy, among them I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn, some L'Occitane hand creams, and drugstore brands such as Aveeno and Nivea.

Glysomed works - seems like everyone knows that! I don't like the smell, nor the texture of it on my skin (I never put it on the palms of my hands, ew) but I have loved it for before I go to bed.

The reason it gets only 3 lippies - I read the ingrediens list the other day, and it has every PARABEN under the sun in it - very disappointed. Because of this, I will no longer re-purchase this. I'm aware that these chemicals are in a lot of cosmetics & beauty products, but I am trying to reduce my exposure to them as much as possible.

HO-LY MO-LY!!! Okay, at first, I was NOT a believer. This was my mom's hand cream and I was skeptical about its performance. Furthermore, when I tried it the first time, it left my hands superrrr greasy! Ew!

But the skin absorbs it within 5 to 10 minutes and your skin is left feeling SOOOOOO soft! It's incredible! I work in a lab, and so I wash my hands very often as well as wear some drying nitrile gloves. This stuff is a godsend!! I def recommend!

It's an incredibly thick and greasy feeling cream. You really have to rub it to get it into your skin. But the results are there! Love it!! <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love it for extremely dry and cracked hands. My hands have to be washed several times during the day, so they sometimes get so dry that they crack and bleed. :( The skin also builds up and becomes thicker while it's trying to heal. The rest of the year I have no issues and great skin. This is harder to find for me, but it works like a glove protecting your hands. It smells like a normal hand cream, and I use it at night because it can feel a little thick for daytime.