August 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Uzi eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

And once again, Urban Decay has ruined an otherwise lovely color by dumping WAY THE HELL TOO MUCH glitter in it! Seriously, are these people too glitter-happy, or do they have 12 year olds controlling the glitter dump machine at the factory?

Thank God I did not buy the single of this. I have the Urban Decay Sustainable Shadow Box, and this color is included. When I used this shade, it had horrendous glitter fallout. The fallout made my face look like a disco ball had blown up in front of it. It looked like I had been living inside a disco ball for the past decade. Glitter was all over the place! Even with eye makeup remover (Clinique's Take the Day Off, which is a very lovely remover) and a very rough scrubbing of the skin with a washcloth, the glitter pieces still refuse to shed. My brushes are also now infected with too much glitter, even after I cleansed them. All of this is such a shame, since Uzi would be a terrific silvery-white eyeshadow otherwise, because the color underneath all of the glitter is beautiful.

Once again, Urban Decay has gone 12 years old on us with glitter. The glitter in this eyeshadow is so obscene and so much that it should be illegal. It looked like the glitter machine at the factory had exploded. This looks like the glitter fallout on those unconvincing amateur drag queens that very obviously and nastily look like men. I'm not sure how much I can emphasize how much of a glittery disaster this is. The reason this gets 2 lippies instead of 1 is that the color underneath the glitter crap is very nice. Damn it, Urban Decay, give us some makeup that doesn't make it look like we're going to a rave!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I actually bought this for my mom since she LOVES glitter! She uses this over black eyeshadow and a little bit under her eyes and it looks amazing. There is glitter fallout, but it looks pretty on her cheeks and with her NARS orgasm blush (yes, i have a awesome mom) It lasts all day. Her work is very hot (not like stripper hot, gross, just like 90+ degrees hot) and it doesnt crease at all! I would buy this again for her since she uses it everyday!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Uggh. I hate this shadow. So little pigment. So much chunky horrible glitter fallout. I've tried it wet....same deal..with primer..yep, fallout galore. Even worse I have this in a palette so it sheds glitter all over the lip products and other shadows. Awful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have been wanting this for a while and finally got it in a swap. I think the color is really great for applying all-over the lid, from the lashline to the brow since it is not dark or bright. I think that this could possibly be used as a highlighter, too. The only downside to this, fi I had to find one, would be the glitter chunks. This is very Midnight Cowboy-ish. Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE MC, but sometimes glitter gets annoying. Especially since I'm not a teenager anymore. If you have seen my other reviews for glitter shadows, you might know that I like to apply them bent over a mirror so that the extra glitter goes on the counter for easy wipe-up. Even though, some still manages to find its way from my lid to my cheek during the day, or even worse, in the corner of my eye. I like Uzi, but I had to take off a lippie for a massive glitter bits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Touch of nostalgia here, I used this when I was like 14. Back in the day when they had the twist eyeshadow package. Now the packaging is more convenient. Uzi is a sliver, shimmery and high packed with pigment and glitter and is the type of eyeshadow you wear on a night out and you want to get your eyes glitzy. I have to say if I was still 18 or 19 I would wear it but at 25 I don't feel like I can pull off this much glitter. You could dab a wet angle brush and use it as a liner so its more subtle which is what I used to do with UD oil slick eyeshadow. Still I adore it and if you are brave try it, only UD does super glittery eyeshadows like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by socalrockstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only reason I said I wouldn't buy this again is because I use it so infrequently that I probably won't ever have to but I do *love* it for when I need a little extra to make my eyes pop. The glitter is too big and flashy for everyday wear but its gorgeous for "going out" eye makeup or special occasions. I wear it either patted over MAC Electra when I do a smoky eye or sheer on browbone as a highlight.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this along with another glitter packed eyeshadow from Urban Decay online and I hate it.I thought it would be a nice tear duct highlight,but there is just way too much chunky glitter and fallout for me.The glitter kind of just "sits" on the shadow and doesn't seem to be very well milled.It is also one of the most dry,hard eyeshadows I have ever had.The crappy cheap looking pot doesn't help.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ohjade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

okay i got this in the spandex boxset, its harder to work with but use before foundation and clean up the fall out and im sure you can get round this. anyway i actually love it looks perfect with cat eyes eyeliner and a peachy nude lip. bear in mind that im just a teen haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by manderz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice colour, it's just a shame about the glitter. I've tried to make it work but the fallout is just not worth the effort if you ask me. The only reason I haven't thrown this out is my five year old loves it. That pretty much says it all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by AWilliams87

Oh Uzi. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought you. It's not you..it's me. Oh well ok I lied, it's still you. Maybe if you hadn't chunked huge pieces of silver glitter ALL over my face with one blink, it would have worked. I think we should see over people. Oh, and I'm changing my number.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No